Padshop Pro for £32 - Worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah I bought it too - can't seem to find any presets in the Dark Planet AU though - only one is showing "Angry Kitten"

Although at least it has arrows to navigate, unlike Halionsonic

This thread made me buy Dark Planet & Granular Symphonies. :( (they're really good, but I'm trying to save money ;) )

There's also this - much cheaper (I actually made it because I was rather dissatisfied with Padshops factory bank and the Zero Gravity addon - although Simon's Granular Symphonies is as usual wonderful - I would like to be able to recategorise some of the patches though - can't see a way to do that).

On a side note, Steinberg has some pretty screamin' download times.

For you who got Granular Symphonies: I started a thread in the patchpool forum when Steinberg released my library, there might be some useful info in there.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=391364

AstralExistence wrote:somebody asked if the patches in halion sonic 1/2 are editable. i was really worried about that myself, after loading halion sonic 1 at first i was like, this is cool, but why cant i edit the patches??? but, after spending a few minutes, i saw that halion sonic is editable right down to the osc waveforms, modulation matrix, fx, really everything!

people think its not because there used to halion sonic se which is nothing like the real halion sonic. as far as i know, halion sonic 2 is also just as editable. honestly, i always though halion sonic was like nexus in it not edit ability but its a very different machine indeed.
I knew I shouldn't have come back. I didn't even think about Halion Sonic. I have SE that came with Cubase 7.5. They don't even offer a discount to upgrade to the full version normally (for SE users) so this looks like a great way in. At this rate I'll have the full freaking Halion by the end of the day with a second upgrade. I need to stop coming to this thread.

(This was my way of saying thank you for pointing this out)
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

BassMasterK wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:somebody asked if the patches in halion sonic 1/2 are editable. i was really worried about that myself, after loading halion sonic 1 at first i was like, this is cool, but why cant i edit the patches??? but, after spending a few minutes, i saw that halion sonic is editable right down to the osc waveforms, modulation matrix, fx, really everything!

people think its not because there used to halion sonic se which is nothing like the real halion sonic. as far as i know, halion sonic 2 is also just as editable. honestly, i always though halion sonic was like nexus in it not edit ability but its a very different machine indeed.
I knew I shouldn't have come back. I didn't even think about Halion Sonic. I have SE that came with Cubase 7.5. They don't even offer a discount to upgrade to the full version normally (for SE users) so this looks like a great way in. At this rate I'll have the full freaking Halion by the end of the day with a second upgrade. I need to stop coming to this thread.

(This was my way of saying thank you for pointing this out)
OK so once you've edited a patch how do you save it?

as a program.

How many hours left of the sale now?

I'm still wondering about adding Granular Symphonies...

Numanoid wrote:How many hours left of the sale now?

I'm still wondering about adding Granular Symphonies...
I think you still have time.
I'd recommend Granular Symphonies, listen to the demos again chew it over and then buy :hihi:

ends today, so i think 0.00 cet.

i wouldn't pass Granular Symphonies.. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well, I don't want to disappoint you guys :D

And added incentive, I don't have to pay VAT 8)

AstralExistence wrote:as a program.
Yes but I can't see a patch save dialogue anywhere

aMUSEd wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:as a program.
Yes but I can't see a patch save dialogue anywhere
When I click on the disc picture next to the preset toolbar at the very bottom of the GUI, that brings up a window where I can choose where to save the preset.

OK I'm going blind here - all I can see is a disk icon for saving a multi program at the top of the multi's bar, and a smaller one for saving pad presets next to the pads, but nowhere to save an actual single programme - this is with the AU in Logic I should add (don't have Cubase)

Return to “Instruments”