FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

fmr wrote: OK, my mistake. I tried with what you said, and things are working as described (left double click doesn't always work, but Ctrl + left click is OK). The mouse wheel is great, but I haven't tried it - good to know.
Now, I'll just wait for the next version, with the patch management already implemented.
No prob. Fell free to contribute and sending me some of your patches (if you have the time for), this will avoid the patch management to be released with a small set of patches.

layzer wrote: i emailed oliver about the squirley knob behavior and he agreed it was an issue.
the next version should have knobs that do not move when you click them, till AFTER you move the mouse :wink:
Indeed the knobs move when you click them, but only in circular mode. I believe that quite all users are in linear mode.

roazhondsp wrote:
fmr wrote: OK, my mistake. I tried with what you said, and things are working as described (left double click doesn't always work, but Ctrl + left click is OK). The mouse wheel is great, but I haven't tried it - good to know.
Now, I'll just wait for the next version, with the patch management already implemented.
No prob. Fell free to contribute and sending me some of your patches (if you have the time for), this will avoid the patch management to be released with a small set of patches.
I'll try to cook something over the weekend.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

roazhondsp wrote: I believe that quite all users are in linear mode.
yes, probably....and i would be one if EnergyXT2 allowed me to choose it!!! :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

roazhondsp wrote: I believe that quite all users are in linear mode.
yes, probably....and i would be one if EnergyXT2 allowed me to choose it!!! :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

OK, here are 20 templates for Brainstormer. These cover the basics, so, users can take any one of them as a daparture point to build their own patches. Now, your patch management system will not be empty anymore :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/893 ... tormer.zip
Fernando (FMR)

Thank you
With the FM and the 3 osc, i like this synth for basses.
I have made a couple of presets, i will share them soon.
CHeers

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you
With the FM and the 3 osc, i like this synth for basses.
I have made a couple of presets, i will share them soon.
CHeers
I didn't explore the FM yet. I'm waiting for the patch management to start something a little more serious :)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:OK, here are 20 templates for Brainstormer. These cover the basics, so, users can take any one of them as a daparture point to build their own patches. Now, your patch management system will not be empty anymore :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/893 ... tormer.zip
Many thanks ! Really good set of templates.

Thanx for this nice synth.
The VST3 version was not recogniced by Cubase5 and I dropped the file in
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

the normal VST x86 is working here

In Cubase the intern preset manager is working perfectly and you can make as many banks as you like. But I guess it is different for other DAWs:

Edit: The x64 VST3 is also not showing in cubase5 x64 and the 2.4vst is working.

Edit2: Further I tried to set up a generic remote for my BCR2000 and I can only operate the octave knob for the negative octaves on my bcr, and there the led is blocked. If I change to positive octaves on the vst, the led on the bcr displays correct. Like the midirange for the octave button is wrong implemented, but this is only a guess, it seems blocked at a value of 64.
Another thing is the waveform function, I can flip through 13 from the 14 waveforms with one button on the BCR, but the 14th (half rectified) is not possible because the range is different with the others (Increment function). However, when I configure the waveform function to a knob instead of a button, I have the whole range till 127 and can choose them all. But this last issue is probably caused because I have to configure it better on the BCR and limit the 0-127 range till it fits. :)

Edit3: When you control a function from Brainstormer with your midicontroler, the amountnumber is not appearing on the vst-screen.

Edit4: For the filter type I receive the same problem, the range is limited to 64? And I can only change between LP, BP and HP with knob or button.
And also for the note mode there is this problem where you can only flip between mono and poly but no legato.

Here is the template for the BCR2000 and the Cubase generic remote file for those that can use it:

https://copy.com/paq0AFqGzcGTl2sU

Thanks for the info, I will take a look at this.

I've tested the 4 versions on my Cubase 7.5 and they were recognized properly. Please make sure that the "x86 VST3" is in Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 and "x64 VST3" in Program Files\Common Files\VST3 for 64 bits OS.

I dropped them in the right place, I can even find them in the "plugin information" list in Cubase but they do not show in the VST Instruments Rack.
Tried on 2 different pc's, one x86 and one x64.
Anyway VST 2.4 shows up fine :)

Would love to make a more complex template to remote control your synth.
If you need more info, let me know.

Similar problems for the RefNote and RefOctave, possible to change through all values with one button except for the last value B and 7.

The destination displays in env, lfo and matrix section are too small
to display some of the parameters.

But that is a lot of criticism from my side, just to make it perfect.
The great thing about Brainstormer in fact is that you can midi control the complete envelope, LFO and Matrix section and choose from ALL destinations with one knob per destination and you don't have to touch your mouse.

So, there are already around two weeks since the last update. When can we expect a new version, with the promised patch management?
Fernando (FMR)

Hello Oliver, do you have plans to add Midi Learn to Brainstormer? It would be a very useful addition!

There are still DAWs (e.g. Cubase 6.5) without proper and comprehensive Midi Learn functionality.

Apart from that, I'm enjoying the beta very much. Thank you.

nr1killabee wrote:Similar problems for the RefNote and RefOctave, possible to change through all values with one button except for the last value B and 7.
I'll take a deeper look at all of this when I'll code the MIDI learn feature. I plan to add the possibility to save / load templates. So probably we could include some of them in releases for popular MIDI controllers.
nr1killabee wrote:The destination displays in env, lfo and matrix section are too small to display some of the parameters.
The current GUI does not give enough space to display the full name of parameters. In the list, they are complete while in the current displayed values they are shortened. I admit that I did not anticipate the remote controlling for dest modulators, as there's so many.
nr1killabee wrote:But that is a lot of criticism from my side, just to make it perfect.
Critisisms are welcome, thanks ;)

Return to “Instruments”