VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

Thanks Alberto :wink:
layzer wrote: it should have been called Matrixstormer :P
Nice one :tu:

posted new song over at the cafe that features one of the patches in a bank im working on for Brainstormer. :)

check it here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=405862

ps. oliver is adding some cool goodies and fixing some bugs in the
next v0.87 beta! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

albertodream wrote:Here are 15 patches I've made for brainstormer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/247 ... atches.rar

These are very basic patches, a start point.

I didn't have the time to explore all the modulation posibilities, but they worth a try.
Alberto, may I suggest you to publish these patches in the "Banks" tab of the product, here ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/brainst ... /downloads

Sure it is always the best place for all products, since many and many visitors of KVR are not forum users or can't have the time to search in depth in the KVR forum search tool to see if by happy fortune someone has one day published a set of patches. And for many people who are not sound designers (even not occasional designers, and their behavior in that case is to not even ask for an :help: )... so a product which has no patches is a product for which they will not spend time and hence they simply pass by. So publish the banks and the patches in the "Banks" tab is always an excellent way to increase the number of users of that product (and a good action to help the developer gain new users).
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

new update on this already great VA synth! v0.87! :party:

http://roazhondsp.storm-mastering.com/

I just installed the latest version, opened it in VST Host (32-bit version VST 2 in Windows XP), as usual, created a patch, and when I was going to save, I just have the option Save Bank. There's something missing apparently, since I cannot create single patches, and the bank will always have just one patch, because I cannot change from patch 00 either.

What do you guys are using to create and save patches?
Fernando (FMR)

To create, manage, rename, reorganize, etc. my patches and banks I use Mulab.

I haven't yet tried with Reaper (bought too recently to already master it enough).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:To create, manage, rename, reorganize, etc. my patches and banks I use Mulab.

I haven't yet tried with Reaper (bought too recently to already master it enough).
And in what format do you save the patches? FXP and FXB or Mulab one? VST Host can load the saved Banks, but I find it rather stupid (and annoying) to load a Bank to have just one Program.
Fernando (FMR)

Mulab manages standard fxb for the banks and standard fxp for the patches. And it is very easy. And they work perfect later in all my other hosts.

But my bad! Like you I see that I can't save banks with Brainstormer! Olivier hasn't implemented in his VST the procedure to create banks! So of course as long as he doesn't include it in the code... none host at all will be able to create a bank. I see also that the creation of patches is not fully implemented neither in his VST... the patch I create can't even have its internal name.

I have the same behavior also in Cantabile Lite (which is also like Mulab a very easy tool to create standard patches and banks) so I confirm that nearly nothing is implemented for the moment in Brainstormer for the management of the patches... and absolutely nothing for the management of the banks.

It's clear: the tool is not finished.

Ah... it would have been so simpler and so easier (for him as for everybody) if Olivier had proceeded like 2DaT... by the creation of a cool community of testers around him.

As long as Olivier doesn't provide a VST implementing all the common procedure to talk with a host to let it create patches and banks (and he must also give at least an empty bank of 128 places), it is even not worth it spending one minute on it since it is impossible to save anything correctly. It's like trying to create an Excel sheet without having any parameter, the number of columns, their name, their type, the name to give to each record, etc.).

We must wait, there is no other solution.

A patch of a VST is like a line in Excel. Without the structure (the columns and their type) it is impossible to create any record.

And a bank of a VST is like a sheet in Excel having 128 lines. If we haven't at least an empty bank to be used as a pattern to fill we can't create any bank at all.

We must wait, there is no other solution.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

I've wondered how does a developer determine the version number? Is it the amount of update or how many features were added, but probably just arbitrary choose a number that reflects this?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I've wondered how does a developer determine the version number? Is it the amount of update or how many features were added, but probably just arbitrary choose a number that reflects this?
There is no rule, but there are conventions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

After that, knowing the conventions, each developer (or each company) can simplify (or adapt) these conventions at his convenience and regarding to the usefulness of each sequence in the identifier.

you can create individual fxp patches with savihost.. i tested it and it will load them back properly. but bank creation is not possible yet. not a huge problem, as when he implements bank saving you will be able to load all your fxp's into the bank slots to create the bank then save it.

in EnergyXT2 it will also save fxp's but not banks

The new version takes a long time to load in FL Studio 11. :(
VST 2.4 - although it says on FL's VST wrapper (Brainstormer VST3) ? - 32-bit version.
[Insert Signature Here]

BlackWinny wrote: But my bad! Like you I see that I can't save banks with Brainstormer! Olivier hasn't implemented in his VST the procedure to create banks! So of course as long as he doesn't include it in the code... none host at all will be able to create a bank. I see also that the creation of patches is not fully implemented neither in his VST... the patch I create can't even have its internal name.

I have the same behavior also in Cantabile Lite (which is also like Mulab a very easy tool to create standard patches and banks) so I confirm that nearly nothing is implemented for the moment in Brainstormer for the management of the patches... and absolutely nothing for the management of the banks.

It's clear: the tool is not finished.

Ah... it would have been so simpler and so easier (for him as for everybody) if Olivier had proceeded like 2DaT... by the creation of a cool community of testers around him.
Currently the synth allows the host to get/set it's internal state. Which allow to create / save presets in quite every hosts.

I've never claimed that the synth was finished. Please understand that I've coded it from scratch on my free time in C++, so this takes a big amount of time. My first goal was to have the synth running fine and locking the audio feature set. I think I'm very close to this today. I understand that many user will not give a try to the synth as soon as they see that there's no default bank. But full patch management will be here in the next release, it's under dev. It would have been sad to have a first factory bank being obsolete because of unlocked dsp code / features. I'm trying to make things in the logical order to optimize my limited time.

Some very cool beta testers / preset designers contacted me for helping. Their help are indeed really precious.

Nice.
Thank you for your synth :D

Return to “Instruments”