FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

fmr wrote:So, there are already around two weeks since the last update. When can we expect a new version, with the promised patch management?
Last month I did not have so much time, but it's under dev. The patch manager is not a trivial thing since it will feature bank / category / patch management based on filesystem, patch author and comments info, GUI changes, etc. I hope this will be ready in few weeks.

I still need some patches for the factory banks. Particulary drums, fx and leads. Please don't hesitate to send some more

Ronn wrote:Hello Oliver, do you have plans to add Midi Learn to Brainstormer? It would be a very useful addition!
Yes I plan to do it one day. Not sure before or after doing the MAC port, which will take some time, but many users seems to want it.

how's it going?

great sounding synth.
great work.

thanks.
tl.

any presets released yet for this bad boy?

I'm still waiting for the promised update with the patch management support for saving banks and single patches (right now, it saves a single patch as a bank).
Fernando (FMR)

Hello guys,

I paused the dev for few months since I've job switched, my wedding is coming in few weeks, I need to move house soon too, etc. I will continue when I have more time, probably at the end of summer.

Thanks,

Olivier.

Best wishes for your weddiing !

Hows the project going ? ,is patch management ready? ,is midi learn ready ? this is a really good synth.

xenophobic wrote:Hows the project going ? ,is patch management ready? ,is midi learn ready ? this is a really good synth.
+1 A synth I look forward to having an update for.
:tu: All is good

Some news about it?

After upload of some patches for this synth, I´ve looked in this thread again and on the website is nothing new....

So after moving days, going on for a new job and after a successful wedding - such a whole new life....isn´t there
no time for making some little changes or a new update for this promising synth?
At this level - without a patchmanager - this synth seems to me like a little modular - without patch-saving.....
Excuse - you can save a patch - but only fxp - but it needs a whole bank....so please come on Olivier.....
or such another dev, who is vanished in the haze?

I've always considered users carrying more for certain plugins than their devs to be quite weird... if the creator of that said plugin can't be bothered to maintain/update his work, there's nothing one can do about it... and that's why those plugins don't "make it" (I ave a couple of other devs in mind as well).
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Thanks guys for carrying about the synth. I've received some great patches for the future factory bank, many thanks to the senders!
Currently I have to release my new album for the end of the month, and I will then fully concentrate on the dev. I have a patch-manager prototype that is working but it needs some more refinements.. Please be patient, I keep you updated :)

roazhondsp wrote:Thanks guys for carrying about the synth. I've received some great patches for the future factory bank, many thanks to the senders!
Currently I have to release my new album for the end of the month, and I will then fully concentrate on the dev. I have a patch-manager prototype that is working but it needs some more refinements.. Please be patient, I keep you updated :)
Thank you Oliver for the update I played with this yesterday in FL Studio 11.1 x86 version with windows 7 premium edition x64. I had no problems what so ever and it didn't crash my system like
it did when I was still running FL Studio 11.0.1 on windows xp last year, since then I took a hammer
to my windows xp desktop tower and the rest is history, now I use windows 7 and happy to report there is no hang ups in FL Studio's current version.

Hi all,

I just stumbled on Brainstormer in a forum post at the Image-line forum (FL Studio), where somebody mentioned it as an alternative to Sylenth1, a pretty big claim to stake :)

I'm currently playing with it a little, and it works (sofar) without a hitch, in the new FL 11.5 (Fl 12 beta). I must say I´m impressed by both the soundquality and the modulation options. I´ve bookmarked this thread to keep an eye on developments. It might just become one of my goto synths, I really like it. Nice work Roazhondsp!

Any chance you are considering adding an arpeggiator? It's easy enough to add FX in the mixer, but not an arpeggiator. I can use Kirnu though. A basic reverb/delay/eq section would be nice, but as I said, can do that in the mixer as well.

By the way, although of course necesary, the lack of a patch manager really invites to dive in deeper and discover the synth.

Ok, I'm back to playing around with it :)

regards, Frank
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

The silence is ominous.... Any news? Is it still being developed?

regards, Frank
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

Return to “Instruments”