FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

works here in audiomulch no prob (32 bit)
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Has bad note off issues in Reaper, but i managed to actually do a superb Reese with two of these layered (Always my first test of synths, it is surprising how many synths can't do a usable Reese, even layered)
Duh

Very good sound

syntheticillusion wrote:It crashed FLStudio 11 in both win7 x64 bit and windows xp x86 pc's, i wish they would fix this it has a beautiful GUI, i love the fact that it's non synthedit, i looks great but there is no sound and then you click on the GUI you get this error in the picture attached to my post. cheer joel.
Same here!
yzcoruhT

I'm testing the VST 2.4 x86 version in Jeskola Buzz. All I get is a scratchy noise when the note triggers, and nothing else.

This thing (32 bit vst2) doesn't even work with SAVI host

Trying to loading it up, gives GUI but no sound, trying to close it gives error message.

This plug is at the moment more a nice GUI than a synth :help:

roazhondsp wrote:
I have not reproduced the octave preset issue. Did someone have the same issue than ENV1?
layzer wrote:i can confirm the saving bugs ENV1 mentioned.
I also just checked the VST3, and its the same there as well.

Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words, so heres a little demonstration that something about the Octave params is definitely off balance:

VST3: Has a snap function, (which is good), although it doesnt work with the UI knob. There are no -2 values. Towards the negative it goes from 0 to -0, then to -1, then to -3. Towards the positive it goes from 0 to +1, then nothing, then +3.

[Click to view animation]

VST2: Even worse. Towards the negative it goes from 0 to -0 to -1 to -2 to -3. Towards the positive it goes from 0 to +33, which is somewhat more than the knob can handle. Beyond +3, it simply vanishes from the UI.

(Note: This is with the 32bit plugins.)

Step-by-step to repro the save bug:

- Start the plugin and only set Osc1 Octave to -1

- Save the preset as .fxp

- Set Osc1 Octave to +3

- Load the preset

- Do nothing, just save the preset again

- Set Osc1 Octave to +3

- Load the preset

- Osc1 Octave will now be on 0

Thanks ENV1 for the detailed explanation. It comes from a wrong parameter conversion :(

i'm thinking dev should do testing with savi-host, its both 32 and 64bit.
if he can get it working fine there, it may work on many other hosts
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Flowstone, that's like SynthMaker TNG (The Next Generation) ?

Yes, but he states only the GUI. But Flowstone is part of FL Studio, so strange it acts weirdly in it.

There is nothing in this synth that is made with Synthmaker/Flowstone as far as I can see or read.

Perhaps reading more than 4 letters per word would help those who believe otherwise. :hihi:

layzer wrote:i'm thinking dev should do testing with savi-host, its both 32 and 64bit.
if he can get it working fine there, it may work on many other hosts
Just made few tests on 32bit. Works fine with savi-host3 (if you ensure that your audio buffer is a multiple of 16). It doesn't work for the dll, but I've found what's wrong (same buggy function that makes it not working on Sonar). Will have to try the 64 bits.
eidenk wrote:There is nothing in this synth that is made with Synthmaker/Flowstone as far as I can see or read.

Perhaps reading more than 4 letters per word would help those who believe otherwise. :hihi:
Indeed. I wrote the synth from scratch with Steinberg's VST SDK. The GUI is using VSTGUI which is included in the VST SDK. Right now I've 7232 lines of source code :)

roazhondsp wrote:
Just made few tests on 32bit. Works fine with savi-host3 (if you ensure that your audio buffer is a multiple of 16). It doesn't work for the dll, but I've found what's wrong (same buggy function that makes it not working on Sonar). Will have to try the 64 bits.
eidenk wrote:There is nothing in this synth that is made with Synthmaker/Flowstone as far as I can see or read.

Indeed. I wrote the synth from scratch with Steinberg's VST SDK. The GUI is using VSTGUI which is included in the VST SDK. Right now I've 7232 lines of source code :)
ahh ok, i did not try the V3 as my main DAW is EnergyXT2 which does not supporrt VST3
i'm on winxp sp3 32bit and will gladly be a tester for EnergyXT2.

as ENV1 stated, it does spike the cpu when moving knobs and in XT2, when closing and bringing up the gui, it draws a thin outline before the gui actually apears a couple seconds later....weird. eagerly awaiting the octave bug fix before i do any patches :wink:

here is a quick demo i made that includes Brainstormer. it is the synth string sound panned left. it also includes OBXD for comparison doing a swell panned right..and Virsyn MicroTera doing stabs panned center.

https://soundcloud.com/layzerkvr/metropolis
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I put the vst3 32 bit in my VST folder, but FL Studio 11 don't list it when I refresh the plugin list?

Return to “Instruments”