Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Numanoid
KVRAF

25907 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:48 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

MogwaiBoy wrote:Life is so precious - and fragile.

Amen to that

RIP :(
SciFiArtMan
KVRian

980 posts since 24 May, 2006, from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section

Postby SciFiArtMan; Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:36 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Yes indeed, life is such a precious gift isn't it...and one with a such limited frame. I abused that gift most of my life, but when you realize how fragile it is, you can gain a new perspective on the miracle we are all sharing, for the moment.

I will certainly make a point to include Brainstormer in my music. I realize that's a relatively insignificant point, but I know I would want people to use my creations to help bring the beauty of the arts to the world, even after that final moment.

Thank you Oliver and Clement for sharing your artistry and craft!
layzer
KVRAF

5343 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:10 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

kokotte wrote:Whoa ! bad news,
it's a reel great synth, with a lot of ideas behind.
Perhaps we could make an osc challenge with Brainstormer and make some tracks in his memory !
mes sinceres condoleances, toutes mes pensées a sa famille et ses proches.

this is a great idea. Brainstormer has one of the deepest modulation matrixes
hidden under its simple gui i've ever seen in a free synth.
Oliveir would have been thrilled to have his synth in the OSC.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
kv331
KVRAF

5423 posts since 14 Nov, 2006, from Ankara, Turkey

Postby kv331; Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:08 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

My deepest condolences to his family and friends :(
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers
Iu Gob
KVRist

100 posts since 25 Sep, 2013, from Zaragoza (España)

Postby Iu Gob; Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:29 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

:( Very sad news for the freeware scene. We are very sad. "The Unbearable Lightness of Being".
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.com/
Angel Cubero Bielsa
z.prime
KVRAF

1634 posts since 28 Sep, 2011

Postby z.prime; Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:25 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Hey, a suggestion: put the code on github? Perhaps you could have some help to finish the synth up that way. Anyway, sorry to hear about the passing. Always a shame to lose minds contributing to the betterment of music in their own ways.
bjporter
KVRAF

2561 posts since 18 Dec, 2010, from North America

Postby bjporter; Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:31 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

z.prime wrote:Hey, a suggestion: put the code on github? Perhaps you could have some help to finish the synth up that way. Anyway, sorry to hear about the passing. Always a shame to lose minds contributing to the betterment of music in their own ways.

+1 Brilliant idea. NO better way to keep someone's memory going than to build upon their genius and keep it alive
lolilol1975
KVRian

537 posts since 6 Dec, 2015

Postby lolilol1975; Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:29 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

That is sad. All my thoughts to the author's family and friends.

I heard of Brainstormer on the Cockos forums, in a thread about synthesizers that could be used to teach/learn subtractive synthesis. Brainstormer is in my opinion one of the best synthesizers to learn, along with Charlatan.
So I hope its development will continue.

I also think it would be nice as open source, as it would also allow to learn how to write synthesizers.
Jazz Franco
KVRAF

1505 posts since 10 Nov, 2002, from Moscow,Russia

Postby Jazz Franco; Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:06 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Very sad. My deepest condolences to the family and friends :(

Stil, could any of the users advise me on how to find the preset browser? I tried almost everything, looked up in the manual,but nada
.jon
KVRAF

5480 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:35 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Jazz Franco wrote:Very sad. My deepest condolences to the family and friends :(

Stil, could any of the users advise me on how to find the preset browser? I tried almost everything, looked up in the manual,but nada

It doesn't have one, so just use the browser provided by your host.
Polymorphiks
KVRer

2 posts since 23 Apr, 2016

Postby Polymorphiks; Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 pm Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Very sad news. I like the idea of putting the source code on Github for further community development, but I guess that might not be possible because the guy has passed away and he cannot agree to it anymore.
Markku
KVRist

272 posts since 3 Mar, 2014

Postby Markku; Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:09 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

.jon wrote:

Actually in the Brainstormer's website there is a beta version with preset browsing. The format for presets is not fxp/fxb, it's Brainstormer's own format. However, it works, and there are already some banks for Brainstormer around the net.
Jazz Franco
KVRAF

1505 posts since 10 Nov, 2002, from Moscow,Russia

Postby Jazz Franco; Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:08 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Markku wrote:
.jon wrote:

Actually in the Brainstormer's website there is a beta version with preset browsing. The format for presets is not fxp/fxb, it's Brainstormer's own format. However, it works, and there are already some banks for Brainstormer around the net.

That's what I was asking about, the bstp format that comes zipped with the manual!
Markku
KVRist

272 posts since 3 Mar, 2014

Postby Markku; Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:03 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Jazz Franco wrote:
Markku wrote:
.jon wrote:

That's what I was asking about, the bstp format that comes zipped with the manual!

The beta, or as the site says, "test" version (0.89.1) has on the top row selection for Demo or Factory banks, then directory selection and actual preset selection. If you make a directory among the Demo presets (in your operating system, not inside Brainstormer), you can save your own presets in your own directory. Also you can copy banks done by others in the same way.
.jon
KVRAF

5480 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Markku wrote:
.jon wrote:

k, I haven't checked the beta. Shame if it isn't a proper preset format.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments