Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
phreaque
KVRian

680 posts since 16 Jul, 2007, from Baghdad-Iq

Postby phreaque; Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Halonmusic wrote:It already IS a great synth.

I'd say that too mate, although there must be a finalization for the product and make it officially available to public.
Phreaque Modi
Drew Lake
KVRer

24 posts since 16 Jul, 2017

Postby Drew Lake; Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

I agree but it still feels unfinished with bugs and even the GUI is a bit rough around the edges.
Halonmusic
KVRian

1426 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

phreaque wrote:

I'd say that too mate, although there must be a finalization for the product and make it officially available to public.

Drew Lake wrote:

I agree but it still feels unfinished with bugs and even the GUI is a bit rough around the edges.

Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
Drew Lake
KVRer

24 posts since 16 Jul, 2017

Postby Drew Lake; Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Halonmusic wrote:
phreaque wrote:

Drew Lake wrote:

I believe so but I guess life has taken over...who knows...
phreaque
KVRian

680 posts since 16 Jul, 2007, from Baghdad-Iq

Postby phreaque; Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:53 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Halonmusic wrote:Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?

Actually there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time. Perhaps it's better to contact him directly.
Phreaque Modi
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:13 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

Drew Lake wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
phreaque wrote:

Drew Lake wrote:

I believe so but I guess life has taken over...who knows...

Yeah I guess so.

phreaque wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Yes that is true. Wasnt it supposed to be updated by his friend or something?

Actually there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time. Perhaps it's better to contact him directly.

Oh I remember there was something wrong with the fm ratio or something. Maybe that is the update.
z.prime
KVRAF

1634 posts since 28 Sep, 2011

Postby z.prime; Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

phreaque wrote:... there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time ...

Exactly my point. Why let this great synth die because it can't be maintained? The main developer has sadly passed away and unless he had explicit wishes that his friend learn development and carry on, it would seem to make the most sense to just open source the thing at this point and let Oliver at least have that legacy.

Cheers!
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 am Re: FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

z.prime wrote:
phreaque wrote:... there was an update by Clement (Olivier's friend), back in 2016, some fixes and that's it. I believe he doesn't have enough time ...

Exactly my point. Why let this great synth die because it can't be maintained? The main developer has sadly passed away and unless he had explicit wishes that his friend learn development and carry on, it would seem to make the most sense to just open source the thing at this point and let Oliver at least have that legacy.

Cheers!

Yeah that would be great
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments