Best noise Synth/Generator?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's amazing the sounds and textures you can get from good noise sources. What instrument or effect hardware or software has the best noise generation or noise oscillators?

Expand your definition and description of 'noise' first.

White, Pink, Brown noise sources.

From memory Linplug Albino had a good noise generator and the Analog Four has one type of noise generation.

Brown as in pre-scatological sample sources? ;)

Psygen, if you can get a hold of it. Certain Reaktor ensembles would be my first choice for 'noise sources'. And both do morphing and wave sequencing of those noises.

I just watched a demo on YT of Psygen. Thanks for tip. I might try and build one in Reaktor that can crossmod noise sources as Trying to tackle finding one in the user library might be more time consuming haha.

In the Reaktor user library, there's some. Two I can remember, and play with from time to time is "Weirdo" and "Cloud Atlas". A different kind of noise, but I also have fun with are the Reaktor MetaPhysicals.

You might want to give Tyrell N6 a go as it can make pretty good noise. It's also completely free with no strings attached.

http://www.u-he.com/cms/tyrelln6
:borg:

BBFG# wrote:In the Reaktor user library, there's some. Two I can remember, and play with from time to time is "Weirdo" and "Cloud Atlas". A different kind of noise, but I also have fun with are the Reaktor MetaPhysicals.
Cool I just went over to the User Library to find them and NI have upgraded there user library. The M-RGT look good also but are they not operating anymore?

Melda does a dedicated noise generator which I like to employ sometimes. In the free bundle;

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... eGenerator

Rah wrote:Melda does a dedicated noise generator which I like to employ sometimes. In the free bundle;

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... eGenerator
That looks like a good one as well.

tonkatodd wrote:It's amazing the sounds and textures you can get from good noise sources. What instrument or effect hardware or software has the best noise generation or noise oscillators?
Software:

I really dig HYDi1.3. Comes with 7 different types of Noise: white, pink, brown, blue, angry, phasey, dusty. Plus an option to add "some random type of comb filtering" incl amt knob for some extra colour. I like that all of them sound very different. The angry one sounds like a Killerbee Swarm. :D

Hardware:

Dangit, most "damaged but still functional" old HIFI stuff or some vintage flea market Radios should come with lots of free hum and noise. :)

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Not an in-synth noise generator as such, but if you have Kontakt, there's some nice noise sources to be had in Hollow Sun's Music Laboratory Machines.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

coincidental wrote:Not an in-synth noise generator as such, but if you have Kontakt, there's some nice noise sources to be had in Hollow Sun's Music Laboratory Machines.

Cool. They look like they had a lot of fun making those.

if you like dubstep

REFX's Quadra-sid is awesome for the lo-fi "bloops and bleeps" we hear in dubstep!

its a c64 emulator with few add-ons +modern DAW host conveniences.

its like the SID-station hardware synth

obviously for emulation you gotta use a Mixer channel saturator plugin.

to emulate the hardware C64 being recorded thru the analog chain (after the D/A section) like C64-going-thru-a-mixer-into-a-sound-card's analog in-into-A/D-into-the-DAW.

its reasonably priced(55 bucks)
and its MAC and PC
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Instruments”