VST's that don't waste your money

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's up KVR. I just wanted to see what VST's you guys are you using now? Not really happy with the Total Workstation Bundle by IK. It's just average IMO. At the moment I do R&B/Pop with some rap. Any feedback on these is appreciated or recommendations for VST's. Quick thoughts on these:
1. Halionsonic 2- I can't find any reviews on youtube or anything. If anyone has it can you please tell me how you like. I have hypersonic 2.
2. Steinberg Absolute Instrument Bundle-Any good?
2. Stylus RMX
3. Komplete 10-when you do guys think this will come out?
4. Sylenth 1- Emailed him twice and no response. Does he not update it anymore? I like his work.

My main sequencer is maschine 2 mixed with Studio One. Thanks for any suggestions

Let's start with what sounds you tried in the IK TW. I know it has fifteen sound sets and depending on which ones you were working with, the suggestions for something different or better for you would be narrowed down. IK is good for the basic and background when used with other things, so with that in mind, there's still a possibility of getting use out of it too.
I think R&B and I immediately imagine electric pianos, organs, rhythmic guitars and basses with some backing brass and strings, but how you imagine it could be very different and it would help to know that.

I can only speak for Halion Sonic 2, but I picked that up in Steinberg's Valentine's Day sale and it's well worth the $100 I paid, and upgrading to Halion for a total price of $200 is a no-brainer.

Were you aware Steinberg offers 30 day trial licenses for most everything they make if you already have an e-licenser?
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

beatmangler443 wrote:My main sequencer is maschine 2 mixed with Studio One. Thanks for any suggestions
Studio One version that supports VST plugs?

"At the moment I do R&B/Pop with some rap"

Why do you list so many bling plugs, if you are looking to not waste money, you should be able to cover much ground just be going for the best freeware.

If you haven't checked out TAL Noisemaker, Dune BE and the like yet, I suggest you start with those.

My go to - Korg M1

Fast loading and I can always pull up a satisfying mix

My second - ProtVX
It's a bear to load I keep on thinking of breaking down the composer library by type of instrument for faster loads but I never do
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Last weekend 4 of my VSTs that have been known to cause problems stole my credit card and went out bar hopping. I had no idea until I checked out my billing statement. I've never had any problems with my AU plugins.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:Last weekend 4 of my VSTs that have been known to cause problems stole my credit card and went out bar hopping. I had no idea until I checked out my billing statement. I've never had any problems with my AU plugins.
:lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Best and best value for money + best customer support is u-he's synths and effects.

beatmangler443 wrote:At the moment I do R&B/Pop with some rap
Now there's your problem... :hihi:

Halion Sonic 2 is excellent. Great FX, great instruments. Not much it can't do.

I've been debating the upgrade to Halion 5 for awhile, but can't justify it yet. I'll be trying the H5 demo though to make sure.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

1. Halionsonic 2- I own Halion 4 and will be updating to 5, so it must be good otherwise I'd sell it.

2. Steinberg Absolute Instrument Bundle-Any good? - Never heard of this product?

2. Stylus RMX - Scratch that and get Geist

3. Komplete 10 - Maybe just get Kontakt unless you want all/more of the package

4. Sylenth 1- Why buy a synth with non existant support and without knowing of future updates, scratch that.

btw 1,2,2,3,4???!!! :hihi:

fing loving halion sonic :D wont be buying any more vstis now. not for a while anyway.

Harmless
yzcoruhT

Synth1, Firebird+, Dune LE, TyrellN6, Zebralette, and TripleCheese don't waste any money :)

Albino still rules! However, nother A's like Alchemy can be good.
Korg M1 is the best "value for money".
OP-X Pro is another superb bargain.
the list is quite long.....

Return to “Instruments”