33%
Diva
41%
Spire
25%

Total votes: 135

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you downloaded and tried all three?

And remember, Synthmaster has a Player now too. Which means you might be able to buy one and use two in your setup.
On the subject of Synthmaster's GUI - it's not really a 'mess' as some make it out to be. Not really my favorite either as sometimes it seems to miss an intuitive flow. Where you might program it and suddenly find yourself going to what seems the next logical step, you have to look for it elsewhere is all. I also found the default color skin to be annoying and it wouldn't change for some reason until I got an update. Color seems important in making it easier to deal with though. Like I said before, it is the least consuming of system while being the most flexible bang for the buck. And I get a good range of analog, FM, WT & sample import with it.
As far as Diva, as much as I like it, find I get the U-he sound cover very well with the HZ version of Zebra, and without the system consumption.
To each their own, but for me, Spire is lacking something.

Zebra would be another good option... And like Diva is an absolute monster. You can't go wrong with anything form U-He to be honest.

I like Spire a lot too. Check out the demo it comes with some sweet new presets.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I just want to point out that DIVA runs pretty decently when you have a i5 or i7 running. I know because I used to own it and would run it with a Quad 2.4ghz i7 MBP.

The CPU usage in Synthmaster can get up there if you max out the quality while running high polyphony. I have a hunch that SM does not have multi-core support though so maybe that's why?

Spire has more of the "Instant EDM Gratification" factor with it's presets in comparison to DIVA and SM. Synthmaster does have EDM presets but like others have mentioned it lacks a bit in the bass department.

However if you do decide to get DIVA then you can always supplement it with preset packs such as this. http://www.myloops.net/products-page/sy ... y-insight/

When it boils down ease of creating sounds among the three I would probably say Spire, Diva and then Synthmaster in that order.

The Best Analog sounding of the three would go to DIVA hands down because of the real time circuit modelling technology that it uses in it's filters and oscillators. Spire as far as i know does not employ this circuit modelling technology and Synthmaster prides itself as a very digital sounding synth.

Which is the phattest? I'd probabaly have to say Diva, spire and synthmaster in that order.

Which of the three has the most synthesis options? Hmm for this I would probably say Synthmaster because it has quite a number of digital synthesis types. Diva mainly focuses on virtual analog synthesis with the one digital supersaw osc module, while spire only has FM and VA synthesis.
:borg:

I have to say, while I said I get analog sounds from SynthMaster, they aren't the thickest and I use other things for a purer analog sound... Alchemy, ZebraHZ, KLC, AAS, Tone2.
I have heard some nice pads in Spire, but nothing else seems that great to me.

I try not to get anything more that doesn't allow me import waves/samples though.
Seems like a receipe for eventual extinction these days.

Synthmaster ugly looking buggy unfriendly cpu hog.

Diva super cpu hog unusable in serious projects.

Spire hyped thin sounding and overrated.

Look for something else.

pinkpanther wrote:Diva super cpu hog unusable in serious projects.
This only applies to people with shit computers, for the rest of us who have fast systems Diva is quite useable in a "serious project"

pinkpanther wrote:
Eh? Are you using it on a Speak and Spell? :roll:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

pinkpanther wrote:Synthmaster ugly looking buggy unfriendly cpu hog.

Spire hyped thin sounding and overrated.

Look for something else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI

:hihi:

SynthMaster is flexible AFAIK but have spent the least amount of time with it so I can't comment.

I own Diva and it sounds great and can do those filter FM psy "mushroom spores" squelches. and much more since the new JP8000 oscillator if needed... yet it is CPU hungry.

Spire is pretty cool actually, it's fairly flexible and sound very good in general.

May I suggest checking out Zebra? ..it may seem to be complicated at 1st, but after getting the hang of it you get sounds very fast.

pinkpanther wrote: Spire hyped thin sounding and overrated.
Links to this hype? Explanations? Otherwise, why posting these strange things? I can make HUGE widespread sounds from any so called "thin" sounding synth.
Last edited by Igro on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think pinkpanther struck again..

Diva is awesoem for what it does and the new JP-8000 oscillator and U-Bie filter are great.
Got synthmaster since v1 and it is awesoem too. It could do several things that are not possible in Diva or other synths (e.g. wavetable synthesis, vector synthesis, additive synthesis, sample playback, single cycle wave import).

IMO bot hare a very nice combination but at the end it depends what you really want. For rwa pure analog sounds Diva maybe is a better choice.

Tested the demo of Spire multiple times but it's not really my kind of synth. Could be also based on the fact that i got several (actually too many..) synths that cover what is possible with it.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Spire can analog. I've heard the Spire Kraftwerk cover, and this (Jarre): https://soundcloud.com/reveal-sound/j-m-jarre-oxygene-2

DIVA is ideal for trance. Trance sounds better with analogue synths which DIVA has emulations of the best hardware ones ever made.

Then it has an emulation of the JP-8000 a synth made by Roland specifically for the first trance artists and the like who where using old second hand analogue synths and doing fancy detuning oscillators against each other for a fat saw. JP-8000 took that to another level called a supersaw. Many on the trance forums say the JP-8000 is the best supersaw their is and now DIVA has the same.

DIVA has a rep for being CPU hungry but my overclocked i7 920 from 2008 can handle three of them on high quality with Soundtoys and Slate Digital plugs at the same time. If I want to I can reduce DIVA to lowest quality and run more of them then wap them upto full quality mode for the mixing and render.

When the Intel i7 8 core comes out later this year it will laugh at DIVA.

J.M. Jarre Oxygene 2 - Reconstruction :clap:
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Delete

Return to “Instruments”