Tubeohm Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SampleScience wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:One thing I don't like is that for whatever reason his stuff seems to install certain things directly under C. Another is the user interfaces, some of them are a bit crowded and labels hard to read, not very ergonomic. Maybe he should team up with a gui designer...
On their site:
we are delighted to welcome our new GUI designer: David will be working hard to give you the best graphics and interface on our new synthesizers.

Hehe :) Seems he realized the issue himself ...
The new phase thingy synth does look pretty good already in terms of gui design :)

Now the "we" finally makes sense as it used to be a one-man show before. But a lot of lone developers write "we" on their sites, probably to make visitors believe it is a bigger, more professional enterprise...

I have the most Tubeohm Synths and I like it a lot.
Each synth has a special snythesis theme: VA, FM,D50 style, PD and so on.
I am also a big fan of the factory banks.
The sounds are very usefull for my style of music.

fluffy_little_something wrote:The new phase thingy synth does look pretty good already in terms of gui design :)
Clearly the work of a GUI designer...

BTW, it's a nice idea to make the main controls bigger and additional controls smaller, thumbs up for the new designer! :tu:

Gucky wrote:I have the most Tubeohm Synths and I like it a lot.
Hey Gucky,

What style of music do you make out of curiosity?

Doc Brown wrote:
Gucky wrote:I have the most Tubeohm Synths and I like it a lot.
Hey Gucky,

What style of music do you make out of curiosity?
Good question, I like hardly any of the presets, not just with TubeOhm stuff :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:I have the AT and Bruno.
The AT is great for leads and bass sounds, it can do crazy sounds. But the oversampled versions do use a lot of CPU. Then again, the sound quality is superb for a SE synth.
The second version of Bruno is also good, the only problem in my view is the quality of the filter (one of those which sound similar to a noise generator when increasing the cutoff), and that it only has one envelope since it is a Juno emulation, though it goes way beyond the original in many other ways. The layer and unison features allow for powerful, fat sounds. Like with some other synths, when using layering and unison it takes a couple of chords before the phases are out of sync and it starts to sounds nice.

Andre, the developer, is a very nice person. His English is not the best, hence some labels on the user interfaces are odd or even wrong. But don't let that and the messy website deter you, technically he seems to master SE like few other developers.

One thing I don't like is that for whatever reason his stuff seems to install certain things directly under C. Another is the user interfaces, some of them are a bit crowded and labels hard to read, not very ergonomic. Maybe he should team up with a gui designer...
Thanks for the reply fluffy. I wonder why the folder architecture
be in C: directly? Doesn't make sense.

I'd buy these synths if they weren't so expensive. 59 euro for a SE synth is a bit expensive. But I realize that there is a lot of hard work in those synths, especially Phasewave, a truly amazing synth to create oldschool synthesizer music! :D

Return to “Instruments”