One-Synth-Challenge 61: OBXD - Submissions, Chat, Voting and Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

jasinski wrote:A little preview of some of the patches I'm making with OBXD...

String quartet anyone?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... impani.mp3
:eek: . AWESOME!!!, I have tryed to make some strings with obxd, but :cry: yours are 375% better...

Hey Guys, I'm going to post a TON of presets I've made with this synth tomorrow. It's a really fun one to coax sounds out of. Feel free to use them if you like.

jasinski wrote:Hey Guys, I'm going to post a TON of presets I've made with this synth tomorrow. It's a really fun one to coax sounds out of. Feel free to use them if you like.
Awesome again :D

Last edited by Breeze on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My humble submission - Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/xopher30/xopher30-stardust-obxd

38 instances of OBXD
Ableton EQ-8
Ableton Delay
Ableton Reverb

Had to bounce percussion to audio to preserve processor headroom. 13 instances of OBXD for percussion instruments alone.
Rolling bass uses 4 instances.
Bass arpeggiation uses 2 instances.
Each of the strings & pads uses 2 each.
Mid tone lead uses 2 instances.
The 2 Primary leads use 3 instances each.
Other instances were used for effects. Swooshes, Booms, etc.

Will gladly make the .als files avail to moderators upon request.

A bunch of presets I made this month to use in this contest. Feel free to use or abuse. I especially like the basses and orchestral patches.
I would love feedback if you have any.

Organized in banks by type. Individual VST patches are organized in corresponding folders.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... resets.zip

@jasinski, quick survey of the orchestral one, great, especially the violin, very convincing, thanks! Vibrato very good too. Took a turn with the oboe as well, trying my hand on Gabriels Oboe by Morricone,nice one!

Thanks ThePresent! Glad you found something useful!

jasinski wrote:A bunch of presets I made this month to use in this contest. Feel free to use or abuse. I especially like the basses and orchestral patches.
I would love feedback if you have any.

Organized in banks by type. Individual VST patches are organized in corresponding folders.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... resets.zip
They sound great - awesome work :) Thanks for the presets!

Hey OSC-ers! I know it's been a long time. You might remember me from contests back in 2012. Since then, I've been branching out into new ambient music projects. I really want to say that participating in OSC gave me so much confidence to go further with my music. It's was invaluable!
Anyway, after being busy with different projects, I found myself really missing OSC, and I thought it's time to go back for some new contests.
OBXD is a great challenge! I almost shied away from it, but after a good session of patch building, I decided to have some fun and create an early 90's hardcore techno track!
So, it's great to be back! I'm looking forward to connecting with some old friends again and meeting new ones!

Thanks! :D

-Paul

Pulse Width Modulation wrote:...and create an early 90's hardcore techno track!
Wicked! Bring it!!!

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum, came here through the thread about this obx soft synth on gearslutz. Super excited to make some music for this contest. Started working in it this morning. I was trying to use some midi cc automation to control the obx but was having no response in logic 9. Does this soft synth not respond to cc info?

Cheers,
Sky

I've had no trouble automating it Studio One. It also has an internal midi learn feature, though I haven't needed it. There's something in the manual about only accepting a certain midi cc for modulation i think.

No MIDI CC mapping feature in the synth, but normal automation works and like already said, maybe Studio One like some DAWs has a feature that connects MIDI CC to host automation so check the manual for that.

And welcome all newcomers and returnees :)

V'ger wrote:No MIDI CC mapping feature in the synth, but normal automation works and like already said, maybe Studio One like some DAWs has a feature that connects MIDI CC to host automation so check the manual for that.
Not sure if I'm understanding this, but the LEARN and CLEAR buttons are specifically for assigning external CC's to the controls. And if you save an entire bank, it'll save the CC assignments set this way along with it so you can reload it in another host or instance. It just doesn't have a permanent CC map that will load automatically on instantiation. This is in the manual... ;)

And CC#1 is permanently assigned to Vibrato depth. The one thing you can do if you need to use it for something else is turn the Vibrato Rate control completely to the left. This disengages the Vibrato completely. Also in the manual...
Last edited by Breeze on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”