Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

ENV1 wrote: Still, im willing to bet that if all those issues were fixed, and certain things qualitatively enhanced, this could be a great success because a lot about it is done right already. I therefore really hope that Hermann isnt somehow 'discouraged' by the Waldorf version because his own definitely is no slouch. It just needs more work.
3.V should have fixed those issues already. Herman was on the Dev team. The only Analog parts of the 2.2 are VCA and VCF.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Overall the update to 64 bit for LARGO is great, the speed, CPU performance has improved considerably.
Thank you Waldorf and Beta tester for your hard work.

I have noticed the timing on the Delay is out of sync and the feedback time has increased 10 fold which is effecting my current project. The Arp seems out of sync also for the Mac Audio Units, further testing is needed.

I can confirm too sensitive mousewheel on all knobs.

Also, there is no delay time dropdown menu when Clock is enabled. Err, what?

How could have these issues pass through beta testers unnoticed, Ingo? :/

EvilDragon wrote: Also, there is no delay time dropdown menu when Clock is enabled. Err, what?

Hi Mario,

actually this was already discussed and seems to be fixed in the Mac version. Already noticed it myself in the Windows version of the official release.

Originally it was not planned to release the update this week (but later).Waldorf decided to release it earlier. Waldorf promised they will take care about remaining bugs.
Based on this thread and my own tests i will try to create a list of remaining bugs soon. Waldorf seems to have an eye on this thread too.

My apologies if not everything is working perfectly yet.

UPDATE:
Just sent an email.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The mouse sensitivity issue occurs with the VST3 version, the other 2 (AU and VST2) are working fine on a Mac. I also noticed a minor flaw in the GUI, The Envelopes are drawn without initialising and look like Nintendo 64 graphics ;-)
Last edited by Everglide on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Running Presonus Studio One 2.6.1 in 64bit mode the Largo VST2 doesn't appear in the instruments list, switch it back to 32bit and its there! :D

Everglide wrote:The mouse sensitivity issue appear only on the VST3 version, the other 2 (AU and VST2) are working fine on a Mac. I also noticed a minor flaw in the GUI, The Envelopes are drawn without initialising and look like Nintendo 64 graphics ;-)
Many thansk for this and other reports posted here. I started collectiong all reports of this thread in a text file and will forward that to waldorf soon. Also try to confirm bugs where possible (no Mac here, only Windows...).

BTW for bug reports it is quite important to give at least a few details like OS and host that were used.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Everglide wrote:Running Presonus Studio One 2.6.1 in 64bit mode the Largo VST2 doesn't appear in the instruments list, switch it back to 32bit and its there! :D
The 32-bit and 64-bit VST2 pllugins seem to have the same name so take care not to overwrite when installing in the same folder (i usually got 64-bit and 32-bit in different ones).
There is a deinstaller for each plugin format so you could deinstall only the VST2 32-bit for example. Same for installing, just use the corresponding tickmarks in the installer.

If i find some time i'll maybe have a look at the demo of Studio One 2.6.

UPDATE:
Just installed the demo of Studio One 2.6.2 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. Will have a look at Largo there ASAP but first have to get a bit familiar with the software...

UPDATE:
The VST2 64-bit plugin seems to work here in the demo of Studio One 2.6.2 64-bit. As mentioned i got the 32-bit and 64-bit plugins in different folders (64-bit at C:\VSTPLUGINS here). Have not included the folder with 32-bit plugins in the scan here. Not sure what you mean with switching back to 32-bit. Do you mean the host or the plugin? Studio One 32-bit and 64-bit seem to be two different installations.

Anyway except for testing purposes (like at my system) there is not really a need to install both the 32-bit and 64-bit plugin of Largo. As already mentioned maybe you could test installing only the 64-bit VST2.
As already mentioned the plugin names for the 32-bit and 64-bit VST2 seem to be the same. When installed in different folder is could be usueful to rename one of them (e.g. "Largo 64-bit.dll")

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

EvilDragon wrote: Also, there is no delay time dropdown menu when Clock is enabled. Err, what?

The delay time issue when clock menu was enabled etc was detected in beta on MAC ages ago and is fixed. I cannot confirm this on windows there for it never passed through beta testers on MAC.

Have a nice day!

rob_lee wrote:

The delay time issue when clock menu was enabled etc was detected in beta on MAC ages ago and is fixed. I cannot confirm this on windows there for it never passed through beta testers on MAC.

Have a nice day!
As already mentioned it was confirmed on Windows but somehow it did not seem to be fixed...
Ingo Weidner

Is there anyone who beta tests with Studio One Mac? There seem to be so many problems that I find it a bit unlikely.

raymondwave wrote:Is there anyone who beta tests with Studio One Mac? There seem to be so many problems that I find it a bit unlikely.
I am on Windows 7 64-bit only and just checked Largo in the demo of Studio One 2.6 64-bit (see my post above). I am a tester myself andI don't really have an overview of which other testers used which hosts (but i am quite sure it was tested in Logic for example and also Cubase for testing VST3...). I noticed that Rob already posted above and maybe he could give some more infos concerning the Mac version.

Could you please mention bugs that were not already mentioned here and maybe some which are directly related to your host?
Ingo Weidner

Well, there is no point writing down all the bugs again, since they have been reported years ago. Arp does not play correctly on any combination of host and plugin format I've tried (Logic, Studio One, 32bit, 64bit, AU, VSTs).

But for new bugs:
Too sensitive mouswheel (studio one, 32bit, 64bit, au, vst3)
Noise blast and maxxed meters (studio one, when loading an old project with largo in it, maybe other cases too)

I reported these to Waldorf by email already.

Ingonator wrote:Also try to confirm bugs where possible (no Mac here, only Windows...).
Since Waldorf has an eye on this thread, I might suggest a few more Mac users on their Beta-test team.

Seems they have enough Mac testers as it stands from what Ingo said to me, since Windows bugs are getting through. :D

Return to “Instruments”