Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Yeah the filters are incredible - esp the comb filters

I agree, Largo is great, piercing, deep sound. And yes, the combs are fantastic. But for the eLicenser, ages for 64 bit to arrive and now this bug mayhem, there's no way I will buy it in this lifetime.

PPG Wave 3.0 64 Bit will coming next week. On a reply on facebook they tell it

For the german readers: the facebook reply : "höchstwahrscheinlich in der kommenden Woche"
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah the filters are incredible - esp the comb filters
Yeah, just discovered the comb filters. Wow, I'm pretty sure I could create a complete techno song out of some drums and one Largo patch with comb filter automation. :hihi:

(He's not joking.)

The gritty drive on this thing is tasty!

It's sad the whole 64-bit Mt. Everest had keep this gem off the short list for so long.

But it's here now and is not even showing its age one bit. Kudos.

I guess building actual hardware synths helps. Go figure.

raymondwave wrote:Do you know if the Mac problems are being looked at, most importantly the maxed out meters and noise blast/peak?

I guess it's too much for now to hope that the arp and sync probs would be looked at.
Raymondwave,

Re. Maxed out meters & noise blast. Try this, check the 'Mod Matrix' and adjust any 'Volume' parameters in your Preset.

If the Arp doesn't sync in Largo 1.5 (32bit version) try the following but please proceed with CAUTION;

Download 'Onyx' a free OSX modifier by Titanium. Open the 'Cleaning' tab and delete the cache for 'Audio Components' and then restart. Make sure you turn off everything else and ignore the other tabs like 'Maintenance' and 'Utilities'. There's simply no reason to modify other settings and you don't want to ruin your OS.

Please note that this trick helps re-sync Largo 1.5 on the Macintosh.

As I've stated in previous posts, current projects with instances of Largo which previously synced no longer do.Both the ARP & DELAY in LARGO 1.5.2 (64bit version) do NOT sync. However, I'm yet to check the recent update RC1, can anyone confirm that the synchronisation problems still occurs on the Mac?

Everglide wrote: Download 'Onyx' a free OSX modifier by Titanium. Open the 'Cleaning' tab and delete the cache for 'Audio Components' and then restart. Make sure you turn off everything else and ignore the other tabs like 'Maintenance' and 'Utilities'. There's simply no reason to modify other settings and you don't want to ruin your OS.

:dog:

I've used this multiple times and had it delete everything! I guess I'm lucky my system still runs?

I'm running Mavericks..
:borg:

Release candidates of Waldorfs PPG Wave 3.V now available for download from Waldorfs website.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:Release candidates of Waldorfs PPG Wave 3.V now available for download from Waldorfs website.
Before download and install it, for me would be able interesting to see full list improvements\changes since 1.0.2
(Even maybe for 32bit user will better stay on old stable version)

c_voltage wrote:
Rommelaar wrote:Release candidates of Waldorfs PPG Wave 3.V now available for download from Waldorfs website.
Before download and install it, for me would be able interesting to see full list improvements\changes since 1.0.2
(Even maybe for 32bit user will better stay on old stable version)
You could check what i and others posted at the previpus page.

Comparing the bugs directly to v1.0.2 does not make much sense as a LOT of new bugs were introduced and fixed with the coversion to 64-bit, VST3 and AAX.

There seem to be some bugs that were already contained in the old plugin and fixed now but i must take some time to check as keeping tracck of all the new and old bugs is not easy.

The current plugins including thr 64-bit VST are maybe not 100% bug free yet but they should be usable.
You could still keep the old 32-bit plugin (maybe just by copying the old 32-bit DLL file manually like i did) and install the new 64-bit plugin too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo ok thx for info.
Ingonator wrote:You could still keep the old 32-bit plugin (maybe just by copying the old 32-bit DLL file manually like i did) and install the new 64-bit plugin too.
No, i on 32bit OS (Win7). (Not yet have problems with 1.0.2, In general, probably until no be any functional changes does not make sense to try other version.)

Yeah, why aren't they posting changelogs with the releases? It's a common practice...

EvilDragon wrote:Yeah, why aren't they posting changelogs with the releases? It's a common practice...
first it is not a final release yet (a few bugs still have to be fixed including the problem with saving/loading projects in Reaper when using custom patches; see above), second as alraedy mentioned there were TONS of new bugs introduced with porting the plugin to 64-bit, VST3 and AAX and third like already mentioned no new features are planned for this release (there is alreay enough work to do without that).

Improved RAM use:

One bug that i had found myself and taht seemed to be contained in the old 32-bit plugins was a problem with releasing RAM when multiple instances were used and one or more instance are deleted. Before the fix the RAM use always was constant, even if you deleted al instances except one.
I just check it again with the old 32-bit VST in Reaper 64-bit (bridged). After creating 5 instances and deleteing 4 the RAM use is only around 25 MB less than with 5 instances.
In the same test with the new 64-bit VST in Reaper after removing the first one it seems to stay the same but with every additional instance removed the RAM is released. When reaching a single instace the RAM use is still a bit higher than at the beginning (maybe 50 MB) but it works a lot better than before.

The RAM use for a single instance with the old 32-bit plugin in Reaper 64-bit when the plugin is bridged seems to be a lot bigger (around double amount) than with the new 64-bit VST which uses around 110 MB for one instance. Also the CPU performance seems to be improved with the native 64-bit plugin.

I tested the new 32-bit VST plugin (again in Reper 64-bit) and the RAM use for one instance seems to be be much less than with the old one and also less than the 64-bit VST. RAM use was around 220 MB for the old 32-bit plugin, 110 MB for the 64-bit VST and around 70 MB for the new 32-bit VST (all tested in Reper 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit). Releasing RAM when deleteing instances is working too wit hthe new 32-bit VST.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VST3 (32-bit + 64-bit) and AAX (2 versions for PT 10 and PT 11) plugins:

BTW the Release candidates are also published to find additional bugs like some that were already reported.
Of course we are also interested in reports concerning the VST3 and AAX plugins (for Pro Tools). so far most repprt seemed to be about the VST2 and AU plugins.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Waldorf has publish the first Release Candidate (RC1) of Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3

This was also noted at their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

Like with Largo no new features added with this update. The focus was on porting to 64-bit, VST3 and AAX.

I have also updated the OP and the thread title.

--------------------------------------------------

The old 32-bit plugin of PPG Wave 3.V seemed to have the same RAM issue that i mentioned for Largo i nmy previous post.

At the moment there do not seem to be remaining known bugs in the new VST plugins. Please report here if you find any bugs.

As already mentioned i could not test Mac plugins myself. Recently i focused mostly on fixing bugs for LArgo but have jsu tstarted to have a look at PPG Wave 3.V again.

PS:
For those who asked about a comparison of PPG Wave 3.V and the old PPG Wave 2.V there is a comparison chart here:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/comparison-to-ppg-wave-2v

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks for the update Ingo'.

Had a quick play this morning with the VST3x64. The only real issue I found which is resonated in a lot of vsts (Diversion, Spire and a handful of others) is ASIO spiking and popping noise when switching between patches. Not sure whay this happens can only imagine that it's something to do with the framework or coding used, but I am not educated at all in this area.

Will have a more involved run through later but overall happy to see vst3 in 64 bit at last :)

MFXxx wrote:Thanks for the update Ingo'.

Had a quick play this morning with the VST3x64. The only real issue I found which is resonated in a lot of vsts (Diversion, Spire and a handful of others) is ASIO spiking and popping noise when switching between patches.
Sorry if i ask but is your comment related to Largo or PPG Wave 3.V?
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”