Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

edit
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

After that a new round of installer tests, or were these bugs non-installer related?

We are around 4 to 6 weeks away from the summer holidays, so it would be nice to have it before that starts. Cause otherwise, we would be talking late August, early September to have a possible release date.

Any other things you are allowed to say with regards to firmware for Blofeld and Pulse 2?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Any news?
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:After that a new round of installer tests, or were these bugs non-installer related?

We are around 4 to 6 weeks away from the summer holidays, so it would be nice to have it before that starts. Cause otherwise, we would be talking late August, early September to have a possible release date.

Any other things you are allowed to say with regards to firmware for Blofeld and Pulse 2?
The Blofeld just got a new firmware here :)
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads ... irmware-en

Not sure what is new in it.

You are correct! I had not seen that one, despite checking the site daily ...

The new Blofeld firmware is available. You have to give it to Waldorf, they keep supporting their products despite the fact that it was released quite a few years ago. After installing it the only thing I have noticed is that the start-up screen has changed a bit. It now clearly says SL license installed. I guess the insiders can shed some light on what other things have changed.

Rommelaar wrote:Any news?
It was a bit quiet recently but it looks like the current bug fixes will be finished next week (no promises from my side...). Those seemed to take a bit longer to fix them but hopefully the next Beta versions will be already the last one.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The 64bit version is just released now (Largo) :tu:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

Hell yeah! Installing.

EDIT: Everything went smoothly, 64-bit is in da house! :)

I can confirm that this version uses 50% less RAM than 32-bit bridged version over here. However, unfortunately tweaking the knobs increases the CPU load quite a lot (by 20-25%), I told this to Ingo, but seems like Waldorf didn't fix this... Shame. GUI is snappy and responsive though, but this comes at this CPU munching when you tweak any knobs at a moderate speed.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cool VST3 too

:clap: :phones: Thank you, Waldorf!

Much appreciated.

I did expect this for an other 2 weeks. I am officially free of 32-bit VST plugins, everything is 64-bit! And what I timing I have ... I decided to reinstall everything on a clean system from scratch yesterday ...

Yeah getting there - Cube, Poseidon, now this. Just waiting for Tera and PPGWave then I will be almost 100% - looks like the only plugins I still use a lot that isn't 64 bit will be Surge, NI Spectral delay and dfx transverb.

Hmmm... Can anybody test if controlling Largo parameters via CCs is working? I'm trying to i.e. control the Filter 1 Cutoff knob by sending CC69 but it doesn't work at all. Nor does any other mapped CC parameter work. WTF, Waldorf? WTF, beta testers? :/

W7 x64 Pro, Reaper 4.62 x64, Largo VST2 x64.

I can work around this by manually assigning MIDI learn in Reaper, but why should I do that when MIDI CC control has been hardcoded into Largo (and it DID work in v1.5.1 32-bit!)?

Just got back after a walk with my dog and was ready to test it but the 64bit version both vst2 and 3 makes the vst scanner in Sonar X3 Crash.

EvilDragon wrote:However, unfortunately tweaking the knobs increases the CPU load quite a lot (by 20-25%), I told this to Ingo, but seems like Waldorf didn't fix this... Shame. GUI is snappy and responsive though, but this comes at this CPU munching when you tweak any knobs at a moderate speed.
Strange, i thought i mentioned that but maybe did not check properly if it is fixed. In Live 9 ther is no CPU change but there seems to be a CPU increase in the Windows CPU display. Just mentioned this at the beta forum.

EvilDragon wrote:Hmmm... Can anybody test if controlling Largo parameters via CCs is working? I'm trying to i.e. control the Filter 1 Cutoff knob by sending CC69 but it doesn't work at all. Nor does any other mapped CC parameter work. WTF, Waldorf? WTF, beta testers? :/

W7 x64 Pro, Reaper 4.62 x64, Largo VST2 x64.

I can work around this by manually assigning MIDI learn in Reaper, but why should I do that when MIDI CC control has been hardcoded into Largo (and it DID work in v1.5.1 32-bit!)?
Just tested at Live 9 64-bit. Mapping parameters for both autiomation and MIDI seems to work there.
Would have to check in Reaper again (recently i used Reaper only for testing purposes...).

BTW i did not expect that this will be officially released this week. Official releases for PPG wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition seem to be missing.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Any news on the 64 bit version of Wave 3?

Return to “Instruments”