Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Will double-check the midi channel thingie in Cubase.

In Waldorf Edition PPG2.v there was an official function never working properly:
see PPG2.v manual page 9: "If you hold down [Alt] while pressing the AKKU button, a random sound is created (similar to the original PPG, which did this, when its internal battery was empty). You really should try out this function, as new interesting Sounds can be created this way."

Is there any chance it will be fixed now?

Nice to see that Waldorf is really getting serious now with software updates and all that, especially as i shot Largo in the market place some days ago, weee. :)

samplerbanker wrote: 2.
In Waldorf Edition PPG2.v there was an official function never working properly:
see PPG2.v manual page 9: "If you hold down [Alt] while pressing the AKKU button, a random sound is created (similar to the original PPG, which did this, when its internal battery was empty). You really should try out this function, as new interesting Sounds can be created this way."

Is there any chance it will be fixed now?
+1
(btw in 1.2.9 it not work too)

I could confirm that the Random feature in PPG Wave 2.V does not seem to work properly. While it seems to be different from the Init patch ("Basic") the result of the Radom feature seems to be always the same.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

raymondwave wrote:PSP also had their knobs for some plugins circular, but changed the default to linear. That's the way to go. I just tried Attack and while it seems like a nice program, the circular knobs are very inconvenient. Other Waldorf synths have an option, why not do it for all plugins.
I thought it was weird at first, but I now really like it and honestly wish some other plugins worked the same way. The reason it's really nice is if you click the knob and then slide your mouse out from the control a bit, you can use the knob for fine-tuning control without having to use any keyboard modifiers. Some of the attack knobs have very wide ranges, and it's really nice to be able to just drag to a bigger radius have have really fine control over the parameters.

It's definitely doesn't work as expected when you use the traditional linear movements. I wouldn't mind the option to toggle between the two, but I would not want to permanently lose the current ability. Now that I know how to use it the Attack method seems a lot more natural to me.

chk071 wrote:Nice to see that Waldorf is really getting serious now with software updates and all that, especially as i shot Largo in the market place some days ago, weee. :)
We are interested to get the plugins as bug free as possible.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I just started a new thread concerning "recruiting" new Waldorf Beta testers:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=415971

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Hi,

Maybe not everyone realized it but the maximum LFO speed in Largo is 2500 Hz or more which is far in the audible range. Today a possible bug was found when using the maximum LFO speed for Cutoff modulation. The result could be a disrurted and/or very loud sound.
This is currently checked by multiple persons.

Largo could also use an oscilator for Cutoff modulation. Personally in Largo i have never used an LFO with such a high rate yet.

Anyone with an idea where using a very fast LFO instead of an oscillator could be really useful?

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Why not, Blofeld is the same in this regard (not the bug, but LFO speed). I say keep it. Any tinkering with LFO speed might render some of already made patches/soundbanks not quite usable.

EvilDragon wrote:Why not, Blofeld is the same in this regard (not the bug, but LFO speed). I say keep it. Any tinkering with LFO speed might render some of already made patches/soundbanks not quite usable.
Of course possible changes with existing patches was one of the first things that came to our mind. Stefan Stenzel himself is having a look at it.
Ingo Weidner

It's interesting that this shows only in the Cutoff Mod. When you select an LFO for cutoff FM and put that modulation amoutn to max, the sound is just fine, no loud spikes. This all IF Cutoff Mod is set to anything other than any LFOs.

BTW - the same arp redraw bug happens for the Step waveform in LFO3!

Everglide wrote:If someone at Waldorf happens to read this thread

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Add the 'Envelope Amount' and 'Envelope Velocity' to the Modulation Matrix, for both Filters

This adds so much depth and variety to patches when modulated via the DAW. Controlling, modulating the 'Envelope Amount' & 'Envelope Velocity' via a LFO would be a brilliant feature. A must have update to Largo.
+1million. env amounts always should be controllable with internal/external sources, actually on every synth.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Add the 'Envelope Amount' and 'Envelope Velocity' to the Modulation Matrix, for both Filters

+1 I was looking for that one so many times... - but unfortunately no new features now.

Hi,

just got a new Largo Beta (only 64-bit VST 2 at the moment) with those fixes:

- Arpeggiator Pattern GUI bug when switching patches fixed
- With "Init Program" the Detune amounts for Osc 2 + 3 will be 0 and not +5/-5 as before (same with STRG + Leftclick) / this bug was also found in the old 32-bit plugin
- "Init Part" works normally now (no muted sound)
- LFO-Modulation of the Cutoff (see pots above) seems to work without distortion etc. now. (seems to be fixed by Stefan Stenzel himself...)
- MIDI CC values from the manual seem to work now now when assigning those with a hardware controller

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”