Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Just tested 64 bit Wave 3.V in Numerology. Unfortunately it seems to be really buggy since I can only edit part 1. All the controls for other parts are either frozen or receive some input but have no effect. I guess you revamped the GUI system.
I also have some serious GUI issues with 2.V where controls can get stuck and I have to relaunch the plugin to get it working again.
Did not think something this buggy would be a release candidate, so I kinda regret overwriting the previous working versions. :(

I have had a bunch of trouble trying to install Waldorf Edition LE 64 bit version on my Windows 7 machine. I run the .exe file and it says "process terminated unexpectedly" immediately afterward. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

Ingonator wrote:
Rommelaar wrote:Thanks for the info, Ingo. It feels good that it gets noticed.

BTW I bought the set you made for the Blofeld, Analog vs Digital. Amazing sounds ! :hyper:
Many thanks for purchasing the soundset and the nice comment. I hope you will have fun with it. :hug:

BTW with the update i had checked the pattern in the Largo Arp in the past but i did not switch presets after that (at least not with the Arp windows open) so i din't notice the problem.
Ingo, have you considered matching/adapting your Analog vs Digital sound bank in Largo? Mystery Island successfully did so with 'Best of Both Worlds' which is worth checking out if anyone is new to Largo

double post, sorry.
Last edited by jalcide on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jalcide wrote:
Everglide wrote:...'Best of Both Worlds' which is worth checking out if anyone is new to Largo
Thanks for this nugget. I found it and the patches in the demo indeed sound amazing.

It's unclear in the summary text whether all 128 patches are Largo. Very annoying, ambiguous wording:

"128 Massive sounds for the huge range of Waldorf synths. ... 128 fresh patches for Waldorf Largo (software), Q-Series (hardware) and Blofeld (hardware)."

:hihi:

I'm left wondering how many of them are Largo patches; 128 x the 3 units, or 128 total.
Last edited by jalcide on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fceramic wrote:Just tested 64 bit Wave 3.V in Numerology. Unfortunately it seems to be really buggy since I can only edit part 1. All the controls for other parts are either frozen or receive some input but have no effect. I guess you revamped the GUI system.
I also have some serious GUI issues with 2.V where controls can get stuck and I have to relaunch the plugin to get it working again.
Did not think something this buggy would be a release candidate, so I kinda regret overwriting the previous working versions. :(
I am quite sure nobody tested in Numerology yet. It is not a "usual" host for testing.
To be honest i didn't even know what Numerology even is and i had a look now.
As Numerology seems to be Mac only i could not even check the demo version here as i got Windows 7 64-bit only.
Anyway in other hosts like e.g. Ableton Live 9, Reaper, Cubase, Logic and others (i mostly use Live 9 and Reaper) it seems to be less buggy than you describe. I could also not confirm a stuck PPG Wave 2.V GUI here.

Switching to different parts works here when using the PROG button at the GUI and clicking on the numbers at the left of the list (in the "PART" column).

Just a question: Did all this work for you with the old 32-bit plugin? Do you have the same problems with the new 32-bit plugin?

UPDATE:
If i understand it right Numerology is not a standalone host/DAW bit is a AU or VST plugins itself running in another host (and it could host only AUs itself). If this is true in which host/DAW you are using it?
Using a host plugin within another host could be veery problematic IMO and fo sure this is not really ussal for testing purposes.

If you got e.g. Logic or another host is there a comparable problem when using PPG Wave 3.V in it directly?

I got Mutools MUX that could also host VST plugins while it is a plugin itself. Will try to have a look at that one.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:If i understand it right Numerology is not a standalone host/DAW bit is a AU or VST plugins itself running in another host (and it could host only AUs itself).
It can be that, as you described, but Numerology also comes as a standalone app that can host AU/VST, etc. (And it's bloody amazing.)

The Author of Best of Both Worlds soundset promptly replied to me. It's 128 patches for Largo (as well as each of the other synths). Awesome. Buying now.

jalcide wrote:
Ingonator wrote:UPDATE:
The Arpeggiator problem mentioned above seems to be a GUI refresh problem. If i close and re-open the GUI it seems to look OK again.

Ingo
Bug confirmed here, as well.

(Windows 7 x64, Cubase 7.5.2 x64, Largo VST3 64-bit / 1.5.2 RC1)
For doing a proper bug report and offer an opportunity to test on other platforms and plugin formats i just created a picture that involves doing 6 screenshots (short descriptions inside the picture):

For doing the screenshots i used Largo VST2 64-bit in Live 9.1.3 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

The last one shows that this is a problem with GUI refresh and does not really habe an impact on the actual sound of the patch.

Like someone mentioned above i could also confirm this for the VST3 plugin in Cubase 7.5 64-bit.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Do you think this gets fixed soon? Or will this be patched at a later stage?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:Do you think this gets fixed soon? Or will this be patched at a later stage?
It is reported now but i don't know when exactly it will be fixed. Based on my experience with other bugs i found that bugs related to the GUi like this one seem to be easier to fix than others (e.g. CPU/performance related bugs).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

It might be a little longer, as I suspect it's a framework issue that may require a library update (for the coder), which would likely impact other areas. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Btw, side commentary as a new Largo user: I just don't understand why it sounds so darn good. :love:

It has serious mojo.

Also, I'm getting a different behavior with the GUI bug. A redraw error during actual manipulation of it.

jalcide wrote:Also, I'm getting a different behavior with the GUI bug. A redraw error during actual manipulation of it.

Had that too. Actually it is not much different from my test. Just a different result based on the same bug.
Try to close and re-open the GUi and you should notice a difference.
Ingo Weidner

So is the upshot that there is a redraw bug but that Largo seems to be sounding okay in Cubase 7.5 64 bit?

I think that I will just chance it and install the release candidate. Believe it or not, I own a boxed version of Largo.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Return to “Instruments”