Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Gribs wrote:So is the upshot that there is a redraw bug but that Largo seems to be sounding okay in Cubase 7.5 64 bit?

I think that I will just chance it and install the release candidate. Believe it or not, I own a boxed version of Largo.
i got the boxed version too. That was before i was a beta tester but my free Largo patches published at the KVR database were my entry to become a beta tester (after i was asked by Rob Lee and he mentioned my at Waldorf).

Concerning the bug:
This indeed seems to be only a GUI issue but should not have a n impact on the sound. I tested this and while the same pattern in the GUI seems to stay when switching to the next patch the Arp does not play the same pattern. If the other patch origianally used a default pattern it will asl oplay a default pattern, independent of what the GUI displays. You could get the "real" display when closing and re-opening the GUI.

One hint for keeping the old 32-bit plugin is that you keep a copy of the DLL file and rename it tol something like e.g. "Largo 32-bit old.DLL". you then install the new version and copy the old DLL to the desired location. This is how i am doing it.
Other files that are installed are e.g. the factory presets and the manuals. Those should be identical to the old version and not cause problems when used with the old plugin.

When i unpack a new installer sometimes i also put a copy of the DLL (or*.vst3) file in that folder (after installation).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

edit
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo, you are really doing a great job and I really appreciate what you do here at KVR. Vielen Dank!

Tell the folks at Waldorf they make amazing synths and that it is much appreciated that they upgrade their existing VSTs free of charge for us existing customers. In return I keep coming back to them as a customer.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

EvilDragon wrote:Hmmm... Can anybody test if controlling Largo parameters via CCs is working? I'm trying to i.e. control the Filter 1 Cutoff knob by sending CC69 but it doesn't work at all. Nor does any other mapped CC parameter work. WTF, Waldorf? WTF, beta testers? :/

W7 x64 Pro, Reaper 4.62 x64, Largo VST2 x64.

I can work around this by manually assigning MIDI learn in Reaper, but why should I do that when MIDI CC control has been hardcoded into Largo (and it DID work in v1.5.1 32-bit!)?
I really hope this is fixed soon! Unfortunately, it renders the new version useless for some of my current projects in Cubase.

Whilst it's still feasible for me to map each Largo parameter to a Quick Control and then route to an external MIDI controller, this bug renders the plugin useless for any of Cubase's MIDI plugins or VST plugins that are designed to control automation by CC parameters. For example, I make heavy use of the 'Auto LFO' MIDI plugin in Cubase for specific instruments, and since the only controller type for the plugin is a MIDI CC, without the default CC mappings working in Largo the plugin doesn't work. :(

Here's hoping the issue gets prioritised and fixed in the next release, as I can confirm it does not work in both the Windows VST2 x64 and VST3 x64 versions.

tcarey wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Hmmm... Can anybody test if controlling Largo parameters via CCs is working? I'm trying to i.e. control the Filter 1 Cutoff knob by sending CC69 but it doesn't work at all. Nor does any other mapped CC parameter work. WTF, Waldorf? WTF, beta testers? :/

W7 x64 Pro, Reaper 4.62 x64, Largo VST2 x64.

I can work around this by manually assigning MIDI learn in Reaper, but why should I do that when MIDI CC control has been hardcoded into Largo (and it DID work in v1.5.1 32-bit!)?
I really hope this is fixed soon! Unfortunately, it renders the new version useless for some of my current projects in Cubase.

Whilst it's still feasible for me to map each Largo parameter to a Quick Control and then route to an external MIDI controller, this bug renders the plugin useless for any of Cubase's MIDI plugins or VST plugins that are designed to control automation by CC parameters. For example, I make heavy use of the 'Auto LFO' MIDI plugin in Cubase for specific instruments, and since the only controller type for the plugin is a MIDI CC, without the default CC mappings working in Largo the plugin doesn't work. :(

Here's hoping the issue gets prioritised and fixed in the next release, as I can confirm it does not work in both the Windows VST2 x64 and VST3 x64 versions.
The problem is known and confirmed, also with my own tests. Not sure about an exact time when it will be fixed. I could also confirm that it works properly with the old 32-bit plugin (v1.5.1).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Yes, aside from the arp UI being mostly unusable (at least for me), everything else seem to be working in Cubase 7.5.2 x64 PC version (haven't tested on mac).

Two bugs were currently confirmed:

1.) If you use the Init program features or use STRG + Leftclick on the detune knobs in Osc 2 + 3 the Detune amount in Osc 2 + 3 is not 0 but +5 and -5. This seems to happen in all plugin formats.

2.) In Cubase (both VST2 + VST3) if you create an Init program, activate a second layer, switch "Layer" to "Multi" and switch the output to "Stereo" the second layer is panned left while it should be in center.
Also for the AAX this seems to be confirmed.
This does not seem to happen in e.g. Live 9 64-bit and Reaper 64-bit.

UPDATE:
2.) also happens in Studi oOne 2.6 64-bit with both VST 2 and VST 3.
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingo can you please check the following in Largo RC1;

Largo GUI Keyboard: [ Alt ] + Mouse Click = Key should remain held

This feature has always existed in Largo but has been omitted in the 64 updates

Has the Mac version been updated at all, the same issues remain?

thanks ingo !!you are doing a greate job

Everglide wrote:Ingo can you please check the following in Largo RC1;

Largo GUI Keyboard: [ Alt ] + Mouse Click = Key should remain held

This feature has always existed in Largo but has been omitted in the 64 updates

Has the Mac version been updated at all, the same issues remain?
Hi, no holding a key with the GUI does not seem to work.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

I try new WE. Again circular control type... Ingo, please tell for developers to do Linear type (as in rest of the world), because circular it's terribly inconvenient. After all, before (in past versions) it was normal, why was it necessary change to circular ?

Back to v129.
Also, when removing v174, not find WaldorfEdition icon in "Installation \ Remove Programs" section list (win7), just in Programm list menu. (Just as a note)

Yes, linear control types are the standard now. Please use them. Circular is terribly inconvenient. Also, some hosts (like Reaper) can override this setting, but only if the plugin implements listening to that setting correctly. Waldorf Edition doesn't do that unfortunately. Can this please be sorted? Should be a simple thing to fix.

PSP also had their knobs for some plugins circular, but changed the default to linear. That's the way to go. I just tried Attack and while it seems like a nice program, the circular knobs are very inconvenient. Other Waldorf synths have an option, why not do it for all plugins.

Largo RC1 seems to work much better in Studio One Mac. I use VST3 and I managed to create a working arp which is still playing in sync as I write this. Only downside is that the arp sequencer does not fully redraw when you drag with mouse, you need to hide and reload the plugin for the arp pattern (velocity and duration) to redraw. The buttons below the dragable sliders seem to work. This is a new bug for me.

raymondwave wrote:PSP also had their knobs for some plugins circular, but changed the default to linear. That's the way to go. I just tried Attack and while it seems like a nice program, the circular knobs are very inconvenient. Other Waldorf synths have an option, why not do it for all plugins.

Largo RC1 seems to work much better in Studio One Mac. I use VST3 and I managed to create a working arp which is still playing in sync as I write this. Only downside is that the arp sequencer does not fully redraw when you drag with mouse, you need to hide and reload the plugin for the arp pattern (velocity and duration) to redraw. The buttons below the dragable sliders seem to work. This is a new bug for me.
The GUI refresh bug with the Arp pattern was mentioned multiple times, including screenshots (see previous page). As already mentioned it is only a GUI bug and has no effect on the resulting sound. This is found in all plugin versions including AAX.

I am currently working on a detailed list (including detailed procedures for replication) for remaining bugs of all plugins (Largo, PPG 3.V, Waldorf Edition).
Besides that i am doing tests with all plugins (Largo, PPg 3.v, Waldorf Edition) in around 5 different hosts at the moment including e.g. Studio One 2.6.2 64-bit (for Windows) with both the VST 2 and VST 3 plugins.
Ingo Weidner

So, now is not the time to buy Largo for win 8 64bit S1 Pro v2.6.2? Rahter wait few more months to get it fixed by the Waldorf team?

Return to “Instruments”