Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

If anyone needs me to test something, lemme know: I own Cubase (pc and mac), Studio One (pc and mac), Reaper (pc and mac), Sonar X3 and Logic.

Unless someone asks, I'm only testing in Cubase PC.

jalcide wrote:If anyone needs me to test something, lemme know: I own Cubase (pc and mac), Studio One (pc and mac), Reaper (pc and mac), Sonar X3 and Logic.

Hi,

it would be cool if you could have a look at the PPG Wave 3.V bug i already posted about which does not seem to happen in Windows.
Note: Based on your previous posts i don't really know if you also got PPG Wave 3.V.

It was posted in this thread:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/kunena-en ... -panel#395

A video was just posted and i created my own direct link for the ZIP:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... V3.mov.zip

It was mentioned that the problem seems to happen with the AU in Digital Performer but it would be nice to know if it happens in other hosts like e.g. Logic.

Seems to be a problem with the Audio Outputs which are found at the "PROG" page (Button at the GUI) in the OUT column. The problem seems to be that for the first Part it could be changed but not for others.
To use multiple outputs you also have to switch from STEREO to 16 OUTPUTS in the GLOBAL menu (button at the GUI).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi,

PPG3.v RC1 issue:

In Cubase I load it as a Rack Instrument, create 8 midi track and assign midi channels 1-8.
Load different patches to each program slot.
PPG responds to 1-8 ch. default, but all I can get is just to respond it to the 1st Program on Channel 1.
If I layer e.g. ch 1+2 in Cubase, I get the sound of ch1 twice!
Channel 2-8 does not respond at all.

2. Multi Out setting works both in Cubase 7.5 64-bit and Live 8 64-bit but with gfx glitches:

Double click and enter number - little dots around the Out nr. appears.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2esko20reykhk ... glitch.jpg

Does not refresh properly, hence stripes appear:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ivjtxplcesdk ... glitch.jpg

Btw, a more proper place for beta testing could be on a closed section of the Waldorf forum, not publicly.

samplerbanker wrote:Hi,

PPG3.v RC1 issue:

In Cubase I load it as a Rack Instrument, create 8 midi track and assign midi channels 1-8.
Load different patches to each program slot.
PPG responds to 1-8 ch. default, but all I can get is just to respond it to the 1st Program on Channel 1.

2. Multi Out setting works both in Cubase 7.5 64-bit and Live 8 64-bit but with gfx glitches:

Double click and enter number - little dots around the Out nr. appears.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2esko20reykhk ... glitch.jpg

Does not refresh properly, hence stripes appear:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ivjtxplcesdk ... glitch.jpg

Btw, a more proper place for beta testing could be on a closed section of the Waldorf forum, not publicly.
Hi,

would have to do some tests to confirm but did not notice this so far.
Just did a test with a single instance in Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit but could not find a GUi issue so far.
Live 9 is my favorite hosts and i did not notice a similar GUI issue so far. In my last post above i posted a screenshot using multiple outputs in Live.

Maybe i have missed it but which platform (Win/Mac) and/or operating system are you using?
I am doing my tests on Windows 7 64-bit using multiple hosts.

About beta-forum:
Of course an official closed beta forum exists

This thread is about bug reports for the official Releases and so far this was very helpful...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am working on
- Win 7 64-bit
- Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit
- Live 8.4.2 64-bit
I had mentioned at Waldorf that a Public Beta at a more early stage would have been a good idea.
Very true, the first public beta 64-bit Largo simply crashed all the hosts. They should reorganize this beta testing definitely.

samplerbanker wrote:I am working on
- Win 7 64-bit
- Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit
- Live 8.4.2 64-bit
I had mentioned at Waldorf that a Public Beta at a more early stage would have been a good idea.
Very true, the first public beta 64-bit Largo simply crashed all the hosts. They should reorganize this beta testing definitely.
Hi,

I just did a test in Windows 7 64-bit and Cubase 7.5.20 64-bit using a rack with 64-bit VST 2 plugin.
Here is a screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... Outs_1.png

I already did a test with Multi Outs in Live 9.1.3 64-bit yesterday:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... Outs_1.png

In both cases MIDI channels were all set to 1 to play wit ha single MIDI keyboard.
In cubase the patches are from my own factory presets while in Live they are from my commercial bank.

There are 3 ways to enter the values:
1. click + hold on the value and move the mouse up/down
2. double-click on the value and enter the value
3. click on the value and move the mouse wheel

With 1. + 3. i was not able to get any glitch. With 2. i got it once but only for one part and in another try there was no glitch. This issue seems to be quite random which could make it difficult to fix it. People who never use the double-click feature maybe will never notice it which could be a reason this was not reported yet (also when closing and re-opening the GUi it is gone).

Currently trying to replicate that issue in Live (that one with the stripes etc.). Maybe i alraedy got an idea but i will have to check it and find a proper procedure to replicate it.

I would also have to check if the double-click GUI glitch is found in other places too. In most cases i use the 1. form my list above so far.

UPDATE:
I guess i found the problem that produces those "stripes" in e.g. Ableton Live.
Just open a new instance of the plugin, switch to PROG and the for each patch name of the 8 parts first click on the names as if you want to edit them and the use Enter. After doing that for all parts you have multiple white "Stripes". Same happens if you do it in the browser for all 8 parts.
It could happen that the next few times you try those stripes will not appear or that it will happen only with a single part (even after restaring the plugin). I also had a few cases whe it appeared at the first part but after doing ot for the second and all other parts it was gone. Last but not least just as i wanted to do a screenshot i had problem to get this at all for multiple times...

UPDATE:
Currently i ony seem to able to replicate the "white stripes" in the browser:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... bug_01.png

At the moment i could not replicate this in Cubase, also not in the browser (same in Reaper 4.7 64-bit).
Currently it is also difficult to replicate the GUI glitch with the OUT channels in both Live and Cubase.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
jalcide wrote:If anyone needs me to test something, lemme know: I own Cubase (pc and mac), Studio One (pc and mac), Reaper (pc and mac), Sonar X3 and Logic.

Hi,

it would be cool if you could have a look at the PPG Wave 3.V bug i already posted about which does not seem to happen in Windows.
Note: Based on your previous posts i don't really know if you also got PPG Wave 3.V.

It was posted in this thread:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/kunena-en ... -panel#395

A video was just posted and i created my own direct link for the ZIP:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... V3.mov.zip

It was mentioned that the problem seems to happen with the AU in Digital Performer but it would be nice to know if it happens in other hosts like e.g. Logic.

Seems to be a problem with the Audio Outputs which are found at the "PROG" page (Button at the GUI) in the OUT column. The problem seems to be that for the first Part it could be changed but not for others.
To use multiple outputs you also have to switch from STEREO to 16 OUTPUTS in the GLOBAL menu (button at the GUI).

PS:
As mentioned earlier i soon want to start a new thread for "recruiting" some new beta testers (I was asked by Waldorf to help re-organizing the Beta forum). I am currently waiting for a confirmation of the text i wrote for that.

Ingo
Largo only, here, sorry. (PPG was on my synth short-list to consider.)

For one session the arp on Largo RC1 Mac VST stayed in sync, but now that I continued the project a day later it's no longer keeping the sync. What a weird case.

Is there a changelog available somewhere for the new versions? And if that's not the case, do any of the changes affect the 32-bit versions of the plugins, or is it solely changes which affect the 64-bit versions?

In Cubase I load PPG 3.V 64-bit as a Rack Instrument, create 8 midi track and assign midi channels 1-8.
Loaded different patches to each program slot.
Did anyone managed to replicate this issue?

samplerbanker wrote:
In Cubase I load PPG 3.V 64-bit as a Rack Instrument, create 8 midi track and assign midi channels 1-8.
Loaded different patches to each program slot.
Did anyone managed to replicate this issue?
I had problems to understand this.
For the test with the GUI glitches in Cubase i already did a rack with 8 Audio outputs and using all Parts with MIDI channel 1 which all played with a single MIDI keyboard and this worked nicely. Will try to assign 8 MIDI tracks to 8 different channels.

UPDATE:
Just used the Multi Out Cubase project and added multiple MIDI tracks (each with it's own MIDI channel). For the first 6 Parts/channels i recorded some MIDI and all those seem to play quite nicely (all on 6 different audio outputs). Also plays the 6 different patches nicely. By clicking at the MIDI tracks automatically the correct patch is played when using a MIDI keyboard (which i used for recording MIDI).

Screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... ssue_1.png

PS:
While the GUI glitches you reported are sometimes very hard to replicate i managed to do some screenshots and sent a rport to Waldorf (including Step by step procedures).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

chk071 wrote:Is there a changelog available somewhere for the new versions? And if that's not the case, do any of the changes affect the 32-bit versions of the plugins, or is it solely changes which affect the 64-bit versions?
As mentioned more than one time now there are no functional changes but improvements with both RAM and CPU use.
Besides other possible bug fixes of bugs included with the old plugins the major improvements are the new 64-bit, VST 3 and AAX plugins (which more or less were the reasons for those updates).
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Alright, thank you. Didn't really follow the thread much, that's why i was asking.

fceramic wrote:Just tested 64 bit Wave 3.V in Numerology. Unfortunately it seems to be really buggy since I can only edit part 1. All the controls for other parts are either frozen or receive some input but have no effect. I guess you revamped the GUI system.
I also have some serious GUI issues with 2.V where controls can get stuck and I have to relaunch the plugin to get it working again.
Did not think something this buggy would be a release candidate, so I kinda regret overwriting the previous working versions. :(
It looks like Waldorf and the developer of Numerology are in contact so maybe there will be a solution ASAP.

It could be possible that a fix is needed in Numerolgy, the plugin or both but this has to be checked.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Hi everyone,

i now am the new official Waldorf Beta forum manager and in cooperation with Waldorf, especially the Waldorf QA director, we will try to improve the current and also upcoming beta testing as much as possible.

Informations concerning a new KVR thread related to recruiting new beta testers will follow soon.
Please don't contact me before that thread is officially opened. If currently i am interested in certain members i will contact those myself.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”