Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Tuth wrote:Hi all Largo 1.5.2 OSC MIX section not worx well just can access pan position from the gui, mix lvelevs not working, WIN XP SP3 32bit
As mentioned in around two or three posts at the previous page this was already reported and seems to be fixed in a new beta version.
While the fix i got was for the 64-bit VST2 i hope that this will be also fixed for other formats like the 32-bit plugin (at least i mentioned that the other formats should be checked and/or done too).

UPDATE:
In the new installer i just got this also seem to be fixed for the 32-bit VST plugin.

EvilDragon wrote: Also, there is no delay time dropdown menu when Clock is enabled. Err, what?

How could have these issues pass through beta testers unnoticed, Ingo? :/
In the VST2 64-bit update i received yesterday this seems to be fixed too.

UPDATE:
Now also fixed in the new 32-bit VST.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

How about CPU spiking when tweaking the knobs? And MIDI CC control of knobs? :)

EvilDragon wrote:How about CPU spiking when tweaking the knobs? And MIDI CC control of knobs? :)
First one i just reported (not fixed yet), second i will include in the text file with a list f bugs that were reported here.

Usually GUI related bugs are more simple to fix than CPU spikes. I noticed the spikes only in the Windows CPU display but not in the corresponding display of the hosts (both Live 9 and Reaper).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Reaper's CPU display definitely rises over here (not the one in Performance display, but the global one in the info line below TCP!). Ableton's "CPU meter" is not really a CPU meter, it's an ASIO buffer meter and it's not a realistic CPU measure since it only measures CPU's audio thread, not everything globally. Always trust the Windows CPU display!

And iff possible pls fix that the 4 programabble knobs W X Y Z will be realy programable.

Tuth wrote:And iff possible pls fix that the 4 programabble knobs W X Y Z will be realy programable.
What knobs?

Not knobs, but CCs. It's explained in the Blofeld manual.

Has the Waldorf Edition PPGv2 32bit Preset issue been fixed?

1. Load PPGV2.
2. Load the factory _FXB_ 1984 bank.
3. Select the 001 preset.
4. Save it with a new name.
5. Reload that preset.

Result: all UI controls become unresponsive.

Repeatable and confirmed by Holger.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote:Has the Waldorf Edition PPGv2 32bit Preset issue been fixed?

1. Load PPGV2.
2. Load the factory _FXB_ 1984 bank.
3. Select the 001 preset.
4. Save it with a new name.
5. Reload that preset.

Result: all UI controls become unresponsive.

Repeatable and confirmed by Holger.
Could not confirm with the latest 64-bit and 32-bit VST2 plugins (v1.7.4) on Windows 7 64-bit.

For which version did Holger confirm this and when?

If Holger did know this from a previous version it is likely this was one of the first fixes in the new version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
jalcide wrote:This thread caught my eye in the KVR sidebar, but have not been following it.

Quick, simple question: Is there, or will there soon be, a 64-bit version of Largo, finally? (Windows in particular)

The last time I inquired about this officially with the company itself, they said they didn't have plans announced.

Thanks!
If you follow this thread yo will see that it was already released but seems the windows version is removed now. The reason seem to be that certain bugs are still not solved including at least one that was already discussed by the beta testers,
Thanks for the summary, Ingonator. Much appreciated.

I'm glad to see they're moving forward with it! Looking forward to picking it up.

A small summary concerning current bug fixes:

The GUI related bugs like the Level knobs (in the filter and mixer) and with the display in the Clock mode in the Delay FX seem to be solved now.

Also possible that some crashes users got are fixed with the latest version. This is not easy to test for me as i did not have those crashes yet.

There was also a problem with patches taht use layers which seems to be fixed too.

Problems with CPU spikes while moving knobs and the "jumpy" mousewheel behavior are not fixed yet but those are known issues now.

UPDATE:
In another update also the mousewheel hehavior seems to be fixed now.

Was mostly checking Largo now but i will also have another look at tthe other stuff like PPG Wave 3.V and Waldor Edition (already checked a possible bug reported some posts above) to avoid having some more or obvious bugs there.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

The problems that are posted here on the forum regarding the windows 64-bit VST plugins seem to be mostly applicable for the VST2 plugin. Less problems with VST3 ? Cause I will be installing this version in my 64-bit Cubase 7.5 host.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:The problems that are posted here on the forum regarding the windows 64-bit VST plugins seem to be mostly applicable for the VST2 plugin. Less problems with VST3 ? Cause I will be installing this version in my 64-bit Cubase 7.5 host.
Most bugs mentioned above are similar in all plugin versions. I could only speak for the Windows versions myself but i hope this was also checked and fixed for the Mac plugins.
Ingo Weidner

Could not confirm with the latest 64-bit and 32-bit VST2 plugins (v1.7.4) on Windows 7 64-bit.
Sorry....I should have mentioned this was found to be a confirmed issue on the Mac with PPG Wave 2.V.vst Version 1.7.3.

Any way to find out if it was addressed yet?
On a number of Macs

Return to “Instruments”