Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Start organizing a bank and testing meanwhile, 1000x Danke 4 lightspeed new version for Largo. in 88kHz he is unbeatable ;) one of the most full featured best VSTi on planet Erde...

jalcide wrote:Largo's Resonance and Drive, however, do not respond to any automation. Not the QC mapped automation or standard automation in Cubase. I have not tested with other DAWs yet.

Since Largo is all about that gorgeous drive, I hope this is near the top of the buglist todo!
Can some one check if the above issue mentioned is fixed in RC4?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:
jalcide wrote:Largo's Resonance and Drive, however, do not respond to any automation. Not the QC mapped automation or standard automation in Cubase. I have not tested with other DAWs yet.

Since Largo is all about that gorgeous drive, I hope this is near the top of the buglist todo!
They are working for me but I don't have Cubase so maybe it's a Cubase issue (and I'm on Mac).

Can automate those controls just fine in Reaper.

Rommelaar wrote:

Yay! It's working now for me.

Some notes: There are two types of automation in Cubase (that ultimately are viewed as a unified, one): Quick Control based, and Automation Lane based.

Quick Control based need not have an Automation Lane created for it, but if it does, they stay unified as one would hope.

With RC3 I couldn't get Res and Drive to respond to either (Cutoff worked perfectly with both).

RC4 appears to have fixed this (for me only?). I did initially have an issue with RC4 working with Automation Lanes but not it's corresponding QC, but I simply removed the Automation Lane and recreated it and that solved it!

In case that helps anyone.

But, yes, both Quick and Control automation and Automation Lane automation lane are now working.

I now feel like RC3 testing of Quick Controls may have benefited from some re-creation of the Automation Lanes, but it wasn't responding to Automation Lanes only, either. So I think my report was accurate. I could reinstall RC3 and test, but ... onward!

Super happy now. This one song I'm working on really was begging for Res and Drive automation on a Largo bass patch.

I think the whole song might end up be Largo and Bazille, only. Sort of a dual OSC. :)

Cubase 7.5.20 x64; Win 7 x64; Largo VST3 x64 1.5.2 RC4

Thanks for the information, Jalcide. I have a similar DAW and VST3 setup. I guess there is not much left that is not taken care off. Super !
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

can you finally assign the x, y, w, z controllers in the update?

Nope. Bug fixes were priority, not feature requests.

all cool, so the XYWZ are still modulators you cannot assign :)
this is a shame, i'm using this great feature all the time on my microwave.

You kind of hope that the Mac arp sync problem reported and acknowledged YEARS ago would've been fixed at this point (RC4), but no..

Altho I'd love to be able to see from somewhere that I'm actually using the latest RC, since there is nowhere to check. But I guess the installer overwrites the old files.
Last edited by raymondwave on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can always be absolutely sure by uninstalling the old installation then reinstalling using the latest installer.

Ok, I did that now, deleted both AU and VST and then re-installed. Arp still goes out of sync.

The installer info says a bit different about the version tho, but it's the one I just downloaded:
Largo 0.0.1 Copyright © 2010 Waldorf Music GmbH

I just quickly googled about the arp sync problem, and it's been talked about in forums since atleast 2010. I think it's ridiculous that the problem still exists. I have to admire Waldorf's effort to get things sorted out lately, but I'd hate to see this bug slip through their fingers again..

It would be really clever on Waldorf's part if they implemented a numerical versioning system for releases like u-he does, so people don't lose track of which version has fixes and what they have installed.

raymondwave wrote:Ok, I did that now, deleted both AU and VST and then re-installed. Arp still goes out of sync.

The installer info says a bit different about the version tho, but it's the one I just downloaded:
Largo 0.0.1 Copyright © 2010 Waldorf Music GmbH

I just quickly googled about the arp sync problem, and it's been talked about in forums since atleast 2010. I think it's ridiculous that the problem still exists. I have to admire Waldorf's effort to get things sorted out lately, but I'd hate to see this bug slip through their fingers again..
I sent a PM.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I tested with Logic 9, and it seems that the arp sync problem is fixed in 64bit version (but not 32bit).

Still, the first chord of the sequence plays as a chord - not an arpeggio, so even the Logic 64bit version is not fully functional.

Return to “Instruments”