Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

No, not the PPG yet

D-Fusion wrote:
Rommelaar wrote:It works ! :tu:

I only made the directory Ingo suggested, without installing the old largo. Then I installed only the 64-bit VST3 plugin of Largo for Windows. It works like a charm in Win7 64 Cubase 7.5 64. :party:
Good to hear :tu:
I am going to try the same now :)
Worked great :tu:
I tried the vst 2 64bit version :)
Is it just me or is Largo been heavily optimized?
It barely touches my cpu meter with huge pad sounds and 4notes held :party:
Great update so far and let the rest of the bugs vanish :)

If I recall correctly the way a VST3 plugin is programmed, it only uses the cpu/RAM when it is played/used compared to VST2. That's way I prefer VST3 over VST2.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

New Waldorf Largo windows plugin available 1.5.2 release candidate. :harp:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads ... in_RC1.zip
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

When are they going to finally allow audio processing through the ppg/largo filters?

-Sam

Rommelaar wrote:New Waldorf Largo windows plugin available 1.5.2 release candidate. :harp:
Hi,

did you get the link via e-mail? At the Waldorf website i only see the RC1 for Mac.

Besides that besides the fact that several bugs were fixed i did not know they want to release a RC at the moment...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Rommelaar wrote:New Waldorf Largo windows plugin available 1.5.2 release candidate. :harp:
Hi,

did you get the link via e-mail? At the Waldorf website i only see the RC1 for Mac.

Besides that besides the fact that several bugs were fixed i did not know they want to release a RC at the moment...
Hi Ingo,

I did not get the link via e-mail, the file was on the website when I downloaded it at 22:35 (GMT+1). I always keep an eye on the Waldorf website but I have to admit that I do check it often.

Since it was on the website, I decided to post the link. If I would have received an e-mail from Waldorf with the link, I would not have posted it. I have much respect Waldorf, their products and people, especially their support department has treated me very well and kindly.

Rommelaar wrote: Hi Ingo,

I did not get the link via e-mail, the file was on the website when I downloaded it at 22:35 (GMT+1). I always keep an eye on the Waldorf website but I have to admit that I do check it often.

Since it was on the website, I decided to post the link. If I would have received an e-mail from Waldorf with the link, I would not have posted it. I have much respect Waldorf, their products and people, especially their support department has treated me very well and kindly.
Hi,

i just asked because i did not know about the RC release and because at the website i just found the OSX version now.

Anyway i just checked the Windows RC1 and the VST seems to contain the current bug fixes.

This includes GUI fixes for the Delay FX and the level knobs and also the Mousewheel fix.
The installer should now also create that folder mentioned at the previous page to prevent crashes while scanning for the plugin.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

D-Fusion wrote:
D-Fusion wrote:
Rommelaar wrote:It works ! :tu:

I only made the directory Ingo suggested, without installing the old largo. Then I installed only the 64-bit VST3 plugin of Largo for Windows. It works like a charm in Win7 64 Cubase 7.5 64. :party:
Good to hear :tu:
I am going to try the same now :)
Worked great :tu:
I tried the vst 2 64bit version :)
Is it just me or is Largo been heavily optimized?
It barely touches my cpu meter with huge pad sounds and 4notes held :party:
Great update so far and let the rest of the bugs vanish :)
Largo has been optimised in 64 bit, or perhaps the memory leakage has been addressed. I'm normally limited to several instances of Largo. I've opened current projects and the CPU hit is reduced by (approx.) half and thats with Audio Units.

Hi, just downloaded the Win RC1 for Largo 1.5.2.
Installation went fine.
Level konbs works.
But seems there is definetly something strange in the FM modulation.
Try ti assign OSC2 to FM modulation for OSC1.
No FM at all.
Try to assign Noise and there's definetly something not working good.
The sound does not change immediatly and when it changes the FM level slider does not work very good.
The level of Noise to OSC1 FM suddenly goes from minimum ti maximum amount soundwise.
Can anyone confirm?
I'm on Win7 64bit, Reaper, RME ASIO

a.

lalo wrote:Hi, just downloaded the Win RC1 for Largo 1.5.2.
Installation went fine.
Level konbs works.
But seems there is definetly something strange in the FM modulation.
Try ti assign OSC2 to FM modulation for OSC1.
No FM at all.
Try to assign Noise and there's definetly something not working good.
The sound does not change immediatly and when it changes the FM level slider does not work very good.
The level of Noise to OSC1 FM suddenly goes from minimum ti maximum amount soundwise.
Can anyone confirm?
I'm on Win7 64bit, Reaper, RME ASIO

a.
Confirmed here. Will contact the developer concerning this problem.
Could not really remeber if i noticed such problem in a previous Beta version but i am quite sure it worked in the old 32-bit one.

UPDATE:
Currently investigating this. Will check the old Largo 32-bit again (v1.5.1) to see how it should work.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Rommelaar wrote:If I recall correctly the way a VST3 plugin is programmed, it only uses the cpu/RAM when it is played/used compared to VST2. That's way I prefer VST3 over VST2.
CPU only. RAM is always used.

can i re-install the old 1.5.1 and keep the 1.5.2? ( i just bought Largo yesterday )

The link was published accidently and does not work anymore.

Anyway my own opinion is that those "accidently" published Links (two imes now) were very helpful (also see my last post above) and it would make sense to publish the current Installer as a "Public Beta". I just noted this in an email to Waldorf.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:

The link was published accidently and does not work anymore.

Anyway my own opinion is that those "accidently" published Links (two imes now) were very helpful (also see my last post above) and it would make sense to publish the current Installer as a "Public Beta". I just noted this in an email to Waldorf.

Ingo
+1

Ingo,

Command / Alt click the Largo keyboard = Hold Key Press

Have they fixed it?

Return to “Instruments”