Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

An update concerning the FM bug:

This now seems to be confirmed for the VST2 64-bit and AAX plugins (for Windows). With the new VST3 and VST2 32-bit plugins it seems to work normally (like in the old 32-bit plugin). This is strange as usually most bugs happened in all plugin versions.

Ingo
VST3 64-bit works correct on windows 7 64-bit & Cubase 7.5 64-bit by the sound of it.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Ingonator wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
lalo wrote:Hi, just downloaded the Win RC1 for Largo 1.5.2.
Installation went fine.
Level konbs works.
But seems there is definetly something strange in the FM modulation.
Try ti assign OSC2 to FM modulation for OSC1.
No FM at all.
Try to assign Noise and there's definetly something not working good.
The sound does not change immediatly and when it changes the FM level slider does not work very good.
The level of Noise to OSC1 FM suddenly goes from minimum ti maximum amount soundwise.
Can anyone confirm?
I'm on Win7 64bit, Reaper, RME ASIO

a.
Confirmed here. Will contact the developer concerning this problem.
Could not really remeber if i noticed such problem in a previous Beta version but i am quite sure it worked in the old 32-bit one.

UPDATE:
Currently investigating this. Will check the old Largo 32-bit again (v1.5.1) to see how it should work.
An update concerning the FM bug:

This now seems to be confirmed for the VST2 64-bit and AAX plugins (for Windows). With the new VST3 and VST2 32-bit plugins it seems to work normally (like in the old 32-bit plugin). This is strange as usually most bugs happened in all plugin versions.
The FM bug is currently being fixed with the Windows VST2 64-bit and AAX plugins.

Could anyone with the Mac version confirm a problem with FM like posted above?

I had created a test preset:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 0%20IW.fxp

This uses two Sine oscillator wher the volume in the second is set to 0 (like in a usual FM-Modulator).
If it works properly while increasing the FM amount fader in Osc 1 the sound should change quite a lot.

If it doesn't work properly increasing the FM amount fader will not change the sound (like e.g. with the VST2 64-bit for Windows in the Release Candidate download).

UPDATE:
Concerning some tests done by the developer FM seems to work properly in the Mac version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

UPDATE:

The FM-Bug is solved for VST2 64-bit plugin now.

As already mentioned in the VST2 32-bit and VST3 plugins the bug did not happen.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Awesome :)

Now if only the CPU spiking and default CC controller map would be fixed :)

Edited. Reply moved to a new post below.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Anyone mentioned that the links are back on Waldorf's site? (v1.5.2 RC1 for Windows and OSX.)

Ayorinde wrote:Anyone mentioned that the links are back on Waldorf's site? (v1.5.2 RC1 for Windows and OSX.)
Hi,

The links for the Largo Release Candidate (Win + Mac) are indeed back with the latest bug fixes:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo

This has been also announced on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WaldorfMusic

I expected those links but was not 100% sure if it would happen today. Checked a few times for those.
I added an Update to the OP and changed the thread title.

The reported GUI bugs (Level/Mixer knobs + Delay Clock display), crashes while scanning the plugin, broken mousewheel support and FM-bug should be fixed now.
Additionally there was also a fix for hanging notes in the AAX plugin when using a MIDI-keyboard.

New features like e.g. a PPG filter like in the Blofeld will not be implemented in the current update. Already without new features there is enough work with getting this bug free now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EvilDragon wrote:Awesome :)

Now if only the CPU spiking and default CC controller map would be fixed :)
CPU spiking while changing values has been tested and also confirmed by myself but not fixed yet and the CC controller map issue is reported but not fixed. Also need some time to confirm that one myself.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi,
new Largo RC1 64bit solved the FM problems.

Another bug...Largo does not retain the used preset when re-opening the song. ( Reaper 64 bit on Win 7 here )
Seems that Largo does not save its parameters with the song?

thanks

i guess this happens if i save my patch on a non default directory. But i consider this a bug because i have to save my stuff where i need it to keep it organized ( i usually like to save all the patches inside the song directory ). Infact the GUI shows the right patch and parameters settings but Largo sounds as the firts patch of its factory bank.

lalo wrote:Hi,

Another bug...Largo does not retain the used preset when re-opening the song. ( Reaper 64 bit on Win 7 here )

thanks
It's not doing that on Mac - in Reaper though the VSTi is a bit weird in that it has a (x86) by its name, as if it is not running as a 64 bit plugin. However when I load it Reaper is not bridging it so clearly it is treating it as 64 bit - so why mark it x86?

i have the correct 64bit running in Reaper with no x86 bridging tag

aMUSEd wrote:
lalo wrote:Hi,

thanks
It's not doing that on Mac - in Reaper though the VSTi is a bit weird in that it has a (x86) by its name, as if it is not running as a 64 bit plugin. However when I load it Reaper is not bridging it so clearly it is treating it as 64 bit - so why mark it x86?
I got the 64-bit and 32-bit plugin (Windows VST2) installed in the same folder now and in the list i got "Largo (Waldorf)" which is 64-bit and "Largo (x86)" which is 32-bit.
Ingo Weidner

That's the thing, it isn't bridging it, it just has the x86 label by the name. Let me try clearing my cache and rescanning - maybe that's the issue?

lalo wrote:i guess this happens if i save my patch on a non default directory. But i consider this a bug because i have to save my stuff where i need it to keep it organized ( i usually like to save all the patches inside the song directory ). Infact the GUI shows the right patch and parameters settings but Largo sounds as the firts patch of its factory bank.
I reported this myself but it seems to be necessary to use the default location for your own patches.

If you got to the Browser (the corresponding button above "Edit" at the GUI) and then right-click on the "user library" entry at the left of the browser in the right-click menu you will find "Reveal in Explorer" which will open the default location for user patches. You could create sub-folders at that loctation.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: I reported this myself but it seems to be necessary to use the default location for your own patches.

If you got to the Browser (the corresponding button above "Edit") and then right-click on the "user library" entry at the left of the browser in the right-click menu you will find "Reveal in Explorer" which will open the default loctaion for user patches.
thanks, but i think this is a very unconfortable issue. mostly if you want/have to work on your projects on different machines you need to port all your custom or used patches in the song project directory.
I think the developers should think seriously about this.

thanks

Return to “Instruments”