Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

It was running fine before - how do you unblacklist stuff? I don't want to have to use the VST3 or AU as neither has all my banks and patches available - why they don't have one patch format for all is crazy

ok found it - working now no crash

Well I choose to wait ......i won't get hart lol :hihi:

Actually i would have thought that most if not all changes affect the 64-bit plugin, so i was quite positive there would be no problems with the 32-bit ones. Well, misjudgement. :)

Will try to have a look at the reports here later.

In Windows 7 64-bit both the 64-bit VST 2 and 64-bit VST 3 plugin of Largo seem to run rock solid in multiple hosts here including e.g. Live 9.1.3, Cubase 7.5.20, Studio One 2.6.2 and Reaper 4.7 (all 64-bit).

Also tested the 32-bit plugin without crashes here (including e.g. Cubase 7.5 32-bit and Repaer 4.7 64-bit with the bridge).
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I'll try a reinstall later, and see if it works then.

I uninstalled Largo (both the VST3 and VST2, as they both had a separate uninstaller), and installed it again, just the VST2 this time, and same result, it crashes Cubase 6 Elements on plugin scan. Then i installed SaviHost, put the savihost.exe in the Largo folder, renamed it to Largo.exe, and guess what, it also crashes SaviHost! There's something really broken with it. As i wrote above, i'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit, running Largo and hosts as 32-bit.

chk071 wrote:I uninstalled Largo (both the VST3 and VST2, as they both had a separate uninstaller), and installed it again, just the VST2 this time, and same result, it crashes Cubase 6 Elements on plugin scan. Then i installed SaviHost, put the savihost.exe in the Largo folder, renamed it to Largo.exe, and guess what, it also crashes SaviHost! There's something really broken with it. As i wrote above, i'm on Windows 8.1 64-bit, running Largo and hosts as 32-bit.
Just an idea. Is it possible that an old bug that was solved is back and this could be the solution maybe?
Ingonator wrote:As already mentioned there seems to be a fix in the current Beta that should prevent crashes while the host is scanning for the Largo plugin.
It looks like Largo (or the installer) has to create a folder called:
c:\users\(name)\appdata\roaming\Waldorf\Largo
Before the official fix was out people mentioned that crashes are gone by just adding that folder.
This should be included with the installer of RC1 but maybe it is mising in RC2 for some reason. Again just guessing...

UPDATE:
Just noted that at my system that folder menttioned above is around two weeks old which should be before RC2 was released. Possible that RC2 does not install this folder.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I think you're right! I just tried and ran Cubase as admin, i'm logged into the system as a user without admin rights, and at least the VST3 works fine when i run Cubase as admin. Also noticed, as you said, that there's a folder c:/users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/Waldorf/Largo, and there is no according folder in my user's AppData folder. I will try and copy that folder to my user's AppData folder, and see if Largo is working then.

Edit: Ok, that did it. Largo up and running now. :D Maybe you could tell Waldorf that on installation, the mentioned folder should be created in every users AppData directory. Great stuff, thanks for saving my evening hehe.

chk071 wrote:I think you're right! I just tried and ran Cubase as admin, i'm logged into the system as a user without admin rights, and at least the VST3 works fine when i run Cubase as admin. Also noticed, as you said, that there's a folder c:/users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/Waldorf/Largo, and there is no according folder in my user's AppData folder. I will try and copy that folder to my user's AppData folder, and see if Largo is working then.

Edit: Ok, that did it. Largo up and running now. :D Maybe you could tell Waldorf that on installation, the mentioned folder should be created in every users AppData directory. Great stuff, thanks for saving my evening hehe.
Hi,

nice to hear and will forward this to Waldorf.
Ingo Weidner

chk071 wrote:I think you're right! I just tried and ran Cubase as admin, i'm logged into the system as a user without admin rights, and at least the VST3 works fine when i run Cubase as admin. Also noticed, as you said, that there's a folder c:/users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/Waldorf/Largo, and there is no according folder in my user's AppData folder. I will try and copy that folder to my user's AppData folder, and see if Largo is working then.

The developer juszt did a test and i did the same now. I deleted the folder mantioned above from the correct place and deinstalled the 32-bit VST plugin. After re-installing the 32-bit VST plugin from the RC2 installer the folder is back at the correct place.

I have used Windows 7 64-bit so maybe a Windows 8.1 64-bit related problem?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Did you install Largo from a Windows account without administration rights? This seems like a classic UAC thing to me, because it creates the mentioned folder, but only for the administration account, because you install Largo with admin rights.

Typical... It won't even install on my mac OS system. I just keep getting an 'install fail' error message.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chk071 wrote:Did you install Largo from a Windows account without administration rights? This seems like a classic UAC thing to me, because it creates the mentioned folder, but only for the administration account, because you install Largo with admin rights.
My Windows account has administrator rights. I also always start any host with using administrator rights.
For me the folder is created at the proper place. As mentioned above i tested this.
Ingo Weidner

Not sure if we understand each other. In order to test this, you have to install Largo from an account without administration rights. When you install Largo, it prompts you to type in your administration account's password. But it seems it doesn't install the AppData/Roaming/Waldorf folder for all users, only for the user with administration rights, which is bad of course, if you usually use the account without admin rights. As it's a common thing to set up an account without admin rights, and operate your Windows from it, the installer should install the folder for every user, not just the admin user.

:dog: Largo RC2 installer Mac OSX Mavericks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”