Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Numanoid wrote:I is stated on the Waldorf page all along (albeit in German) :oops:
Click the british flag. ;)

http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... s%2Fwed-le

BTW, when they say "Owners of all versions of PPG Wave 2.V, including Waldorf Edition, are eligible for this upgrade.", does that include the LE Edition as well?

If so, LE users could get the full V3 for 99 bucks...

Ingonator wrote:(..)

From the current Waldorf Edition you could upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V for a reduced proice (in the Online Shop)

(..)

Is that reduced price permanent or temporary?

If so, until which date is it valid?

zxant wrote: 
Is that reduced price permanent or temporary?

If so, until which date is it valid?

AFAIK the upgrade price existed since the official release of the PPG Wave 3.V plugin.

Anyway from time to time Waldorf is also doing sales while usually those are limited to a few days. I have no information if one is planned soon.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

hey Ingo,

The Reverb Diffusion knob inside LARGO is only smooth in operation with the Control Mode set to Linear. When the Control Mode is set to its default setting AUTO, the movement is rough.

Mac OSX 10.9.4 Mavericks / Bitwig Studio / Largo RC5

Everglide wrote:hey Ingo,

The Reverb Diffusion knob inside LARGO is only smooth in operation with the Control Mode set to Linear. When the Control Mode is set to its default setting AUTO, the movement is rough.

Mac OSX 10.9.4 Mavericks / Bitwig Studio / Largo RC5
Just reinstalled the Bitwig demo v1.0.15 (deleted it not long ago). I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Opposing to e.g. Live 9.1.6, Studio One 2.6.3 and Reaper 4.7 the default mode in Bitwig seems to be the Circular mode while in those other hosts it is the "Auto" mode. Auto and Linear mode (which actualy seems to be the same) seem to work normally here also with the Diffusion knob.
The Circular behavior as already mentioned could be sometimes a bit difficult to use which is why in the Waldorf synths the linear behavior is used by default now.

Is the problem you mentioned specific to the Diffusion knob or does it also happen with others?

PS:
Like in Largo the knob mode could be also adjusted in PPG Wave 3.V. This is done in the GLOBAL menu at CONTROL MODE. The deafault mode should be AUTO which usually the same as Linear.
For some strange reason in Bitwig Studio the default mode is Circular, also for PPG Wave 3.V while it is "Auto" in other hosts here at Windows 7.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

What about that LE Upgrade thing i mentioned above...any info on that?

ENV1 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I is stated on the Waldorf page all along (albeit in German) :oops:
Click the british flag. ;)

http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... s%2Fwed-le

BTW, when they say "Owners of all versions of PPG Wave 2.V, including Waldorf Edition, are eligible for this upgrade.", does that include the LE Edition as well?

If so, LE users could get the full V3 for 99 bucks...
It means that owners of the full Waldorf Edition and owners of the old Steinberg PPG Wave 2.V plugin could upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V.

AFAIK Owners of the Waldorf Edition LE have to purchase the upgrade to the full version of the Waldorf Edition first and then tzhe upgrade version of PPG Wave 3.V (it should be possible to buy both at once).
For details on this you also try to ask the official Waldorf support (my job at Waldorf is more related to bug reports and beta testing).

link for the Waldorf Edition upgrade:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... s/wed-upgd
link for PPG Wave 3.V upgrade:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... wppg3-upgd

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:(..)

(my job at Waldorf is more related to bug reports and beta testing).
(..)

Ingo

Thanks for your info!

Just purchased the Waldorf Edition. Do you happen to know if they intend to fix the 'Random' (Alt + AKKU) function on the PPG Wave 2v? Because that is broken ... (all dials go to zero).

Ingonator wrote:It means that owners of the full Waldorf Edition and owners of the old Steinberg PPG Wave 2.V plugin could upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V.

AFAIK Owners of the Waldorf Edition LE have to purchase the upgrade to the full version of the Waldorf Edition first.
I see.

Almost thought so.
Ingonator wrote:For details on this you also try to ask the official Waldorf support.
Cant hurt.

Thank You.

redundant post

I just updated my free bank for PPG Wave 2.V and PPG wave 3.v with 7 new PPG 3.v patches and also 2 samples based on the JP-8000 Supersaw in Diva.

Here is the thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=418294

This is the update i just posted there:
Ingonator wrote:Hi,

i just updated the ZIp file for the bank. The PPG Wave 3.V version of the bank now includes 72 patches and also 2 new samples.

Here is a download link for the ZIP file of the bank:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... %203.V.zip

More informations about the folders in the description at the OP.

Besides other new single patches already posted earlier this also includes 3 new patches based on 2 new samples creted fom my own patches in U.He Diva that use the JP-8000 Supersaw.
The Samples are located in a Samples sub-folder in the "PPG Wave 3.V Bank (+ Samples)" folder and both the bank and the Samples folder have to be copied into the user library (could also be copie to a sub-folder there).

Here are 3 audio demos of the 3 new patches that use the samples:
PPG Wave 3.V - Super Strings 1 IW
PPG Wave 3.V - Brassy Supersaws 1 IW
PPG Wave 3.V - Raveterm D IW

Those are single patches/instances without any external FXs (all FXs are internal ones).

In the second and third demo aftertouch was used for additional Cutoff modulation.

Both my factory bank and my commercial "Atmospheric Transients" bank already contained lots of samples from patches i created in different synths (including samples from a Virus TI) but this is the first time i used Supersaw samples of an actual JP-8000 emulation (here friom Diva).

Based on the fact that those are single 16-bit Mono samples (no multisampes) the quality is quite good IMO.
Actually the PPG Wave 3.v could be used as a "Lo-Fi" ROMpler (while in this case i switched the TruePPG mode off for best playback quality).

Have fun,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I just discovered a weird problem with Largo X64 vst2.

First i initializes the preset to create a new one from scratch.
Then when i go to the effect tab and push the power button on effect one it works fine.
When i after that press the power/enable button for effect 2 Largo hangs for a while before something happens.

This happens in Sonar X3 64bit version and Cubase 7.0.7 Elements (Windows 7).

D-Fusion wrote:I just discovered a weird problem with Largo X64 vst2.

First i initializes the preset to create a new one from scratch.
Then when i go to the effect tab and push the power button on effect one it works fine.
When i after that press the power/enable button for effect 2 Largo hangs for a while before something happens.

This happens in Sonar X3 64bit version and Cubase 7.0.7 Elements (Windows 7).
Just checked this in Cubase 7.5.30 64-bit at Windows 7 64-bit using the VST2 64-bit plugin. I could confirm that with the On/Off button in Effect 2 of Largo there is a small delay while with Effect 1 it seems to be much faster. Really strange. I don't think anyone has noticed this so far.

Anyway i also checked with the VST3 64-bit plugin and it seems to work normally there, same for the AAX plugin in Pro Tools 11.2.1.
With the VST2 plugin i could also confirm this in Live 9.1.6 64-bit so this only seems to happen with VST2 (not sure about the AU plugin yet as i could not test that myself).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Yes. It is a weird one.

The best way to betatest a instrument is by creating a preset from scratch and explore every knobs and features that the instruments have to see How it behaves.

Then i do the same step in a different host to see if the same happens there.

That is How i do it and unknown bugs appear ;)

I tried to join Your beta team when you was assembling one.

But i had some problem With pm's at that time so i could'nt send my request.

D-Fusion wrote:Yes. It is a weird one.

The best way to betatest a instrument is by creating a preset from scratch and explore every knobs and features that the instruments have to see How it behaves.

Then i do the same step in a different host to see if the same happens there.

That is How i do it and unknown bugs appear ;)

I tried to join Your beta team when you was assembling one.

But i had some problem With pm's at that time so i could'nt send my request.
It's easy to tell that this should have been found easily but we are talking about 5 plugins (Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, PPG Wave 2.V, Attack, D-Pole) with multiple plugin formats (32-bit, 64-bit, VST2, VST3, AAX, AU) and multiple platforms (Windows, OSX + multiple versions like e.g. the new OSX Yosemite) which makes the current updates far from being simple in terms of getting them bug free.

Besides that the bug with the short delay when switching on/off the second effect slot is far from obvious and also happens only with the VST2 plugin (at least with my own tests). Compared to some other bugs we had found (and/or fixed) in the past this is a minor one but anyway i have already added it to our bug list.

Currently Waldorf is also mostly working on updates for the new OSX Yosemite which caused a few problems with Largo and PPG Wave 3.V.

PS:
Just sent a PM.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”