Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Doc Brown
KVRist
 
384 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Sat May 07, 2016 4:16 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

MorpherX wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
MorpherX wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:It seems the Reaper windows 7 x64 preset bug was never fixed. I save my presets using Reaper's wrapper and preset system and every time I close and then reopen a project it ignores my saved preset and reverts to factory bank and the first preset. This is a huge PITA. This is the only software I own that does this. What's the status of this bug fix?



Hi,

within Reaper you might have to switch on "Save pluginstate as bank", depending on the plugin, in order to have your presets restored after reloading a project.
Some need it some not.
You find this function in the plugin window, if you open the "+".


Awesome. I'll try that thanks.



But don't forget to save your project after having switched on this function for one or more plugins , then close it and reopen it.



It appears that this is already checked by default. The link to the newest download on Waldorf's site is still broken so I can't verify if the new version fixes it. :?
User avatar
Igro
KVRAF
 
3963 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Sat May 07, 2016 4:25 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Could anyone tell, what is the difference between older Attack and the newer one from second edition? Only GUI? Thanks.
[For Sale] Synapse Audio EKS Pro 19$, 15£, 17€
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11362 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sat May 07, 2016 4:53 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Igro wrote:Could anyone tell, what is the difference between older Attack and the newer one from second edition? Only GUI? Thanks.


attack v2 adds a lot of samples to the standard waveforms and the old samples and now it offers multiple effects (e.g. Delay, Reverb, Chorus Phaser etc.) while the old version only had a Delay. Each of of the 6 stereo audio outputs (could be routed to different audio tracks) could use a different effect or the same effects with different settings.

Theoretically it is also possible to use custom samples if you edit the XML file properly. So far i did not really tset that myself.

The NKS presets also offer simple browsing of the preset kits, in a similar way for all plugin formats (while without the NKS you have to load the files, except the built-in ROM kits, using your hosts built-in browser).
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 2
User avatar
Igro
KVRAF
 
3963 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Sat May 07, 2016 4:59 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Ingonator wrote:
Igro wrote:Could anyone tell, what is the difference between older Attack and the newer one from second edition? Only GUI? Thanks.


attack v2 adds a lot of samples to the standard waveforms and the old samples and now it offers multiple effects (e.g. Delay, Reverb, Chorus Phaser etc.) while the old version only had a Delay. Each of of the 6 stereo audio outputs (could be routed to different audio tracks) could use a different effect or the same effects with different settings.

Theoretically it is also possible to use custom samples if you edit the XML file properly. So far i did not really tset that myself.

The NKS presets also offer simple browsing of the preset kits, in a similar way for all plugin formats (while without the NKS you have to load the files, except the built-in ROM kits, using your hosts built-in browser).


Thank you very much Ingo!
[For Sale] Synapse Audio EKS Pro 19$, 15£, 17€
Doc Brown
KVRist
 
384 posts since 13 May, 2012, from Minnesota

Postby Doc Brown; Sat May 07, 2016 10:26 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.
dogzilla
KVRist
 
122 posts since 22 Apr, 2004

Postby dogzilla; Sat May 07, 2016 12:13 pm Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Doc Brown wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.


It's not working for me either. I've been trying since last night to get the Wave 3.V download link working.
subterfuge
KVRist
 
171 posts since 7 Sep, 2012

Postby subterfuge; Sat May 07, 2016 12:39 pm Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Ingonator wrote:Theoretically it is also possible to use custom samples if you edit the XML file properly. So far i did not really tset that myself.


This is definitely possible, but unfortunately pretty limited and bit messy at least before they (hopefully) fix it. I have built one 16 sample kit myself and it works great. But adding second custom kit doesn't show up at all while the AttackSamples.xml has been edited just like for the first custom kit and all the sample paths are correct. Messy part, the original samples themselves are in several different folders and some of those are not used and cannot be accessed from inside Attack and seem to be for other instrument than Attack to begin with, ie. no drum sounds nor effects. If they'd clean that part of the program and allow more custom samples/kits, this would be a killer single layer drum sample player. As of now, it unfortunately falls short on that part.
User avatar
EnGee
KVRAF
 
3944 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Sat May 07, 2016 3:36 pm Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

There was a small issue with Largo that puzzled me yesterday!

I tried to duplicate one preset I did with Blofeld (Bass sound). Everything was exactly the same setup, but still I hear a difference in the sound which was in the very start (in Largo there is a slight pop). Anyway, I could get rid of it by increasing the Attack from zero to 5 or so. In Blofeld the Attack is zero and there is no 'pop' at all. So, the envelopes in both are not the same it seems.

I really hope that Waldorf team will update the Envelop's Attack as I much prefer the one in Blofeld if they want to replicate Blofeld's behaviour.
I don't know if there are other differences (Lfo's or other sections). I might just consider Largo as a different synth (for now I prefer Blofeld's sound as it has more depth to it, well slightly).
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11362 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun May 08, 2016 12:25 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

EnGee wrote:There was a small issue with Largo that puzzled me yesterday!

I tried to duplicate one preset I did with Blofeld (Bass sound). Everything was exactly the same setup, but still I hear a difference in the sound which was in the very start (in Largo there is a slight pop). Anyway, I could get rid of it by increasing the Attack from zero to 5 or so. In Blofeld the Attack is zero and there is no 'pop' at all. So, the envelopes in both are not the same it seems.

I really hope that Waldorf team will update the Envelop's Attack as I much prefer the one in Blofeld if they want to replicate Blofeld's behaviour.
I don't know if there are other differences (Lfo's or other sections). I might just consider Largo as a different synth (for now I prefer Blofeld's sound as it has more depth to it, well slightly).


Opposing to what some people expect Largo and Blofeld are not 100% identical with all parameters and also sound wise while they are indeed very close.
Feature wise both Largo and Blofeld are also not 100% identical. Largo misses some features like e.g. PPG filter, sample playback and custom wavetables support. The FX sections seem to be slightly different too (e.g. the Chorus has more parameters in Largo) and Largo also has some additional additional features not included in Blofeld like e.g. the 2 Sub-Oscs, the dedicated EQ, Bass boost, layers, cetain features of the Unison etc.

Also sound wise there seem to be a few differences, inclduing the wavetables.

If they would change important parameters iike e.g. the envelopes this would break existing presets and soundsets so it is very unlikely that this would happen.
At the end due to the differences i just mentioned they are not 100% compatible anyway and if they would be this could have a serious impact on the Blofeld sales which of course is not really wanted by Waldorf. In other plugins that are emulation of hardware synths usually the hardware synth is alraedy dicontinued (sometimes since a long time) which is not the case with Blofeld and Largo.

Anyway it is possible to recreate Blofeld patches in Largo but it needs a little tweaking opposing to just use the parameters 1:1.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun May 08, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 2
User avatar
EnGee
KVRAF
 
3944 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Sun May 08, 2016 12:58 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Ingonator wrote:
Opposing to what some people expect Largo and Blofeld are not 100% identical with all parameters and also sound wise while they are indeed very close.
AFAIK Largo was also not planned to be a 100% proper emulation of the Blofeld including all parameter ranges. It also misses some features like e.g. PPG filter, sample playback and custom wavetables support.

If they would change important parameters iike e.g. the envelopes this would break existing presets and soundsets so it is very unlikely that this would happen.


Yes, I believe you are right. I didn't think of presets compatibility.

Usually, I don't care that much about subtle differences. I sometimes recreate my presets on other synths as well, but it was the first time I spent such effort to make two sounds identical. Well, when playing one note, it is almost 99% identical, then playing a sequence it is about 90% but when playing with Drums I began to feel obvious difference in character as well. I also did noticed that the opposite is true (i.e. duplicating Largo's sounds in Blofeld).

Anyway, after this detailed experience of matching a preset between those two very close synths, I've reached the conclusion to value Largo as another synth and not as a software edition of Blofeld (both are top great synths IMO), and a second conclusion is to never sell any synth on the basis that I already have a similar one :hihi:
User avatar
Googly Smythe
KVRAF
 
1805 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Sun May 08, 2016 5:37 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

dogzilla wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.


It's not working for me either. I've been trying since last night to get the Wave 3.V download link working.

Seems you have to have a Waldorf account now...
chk071
KVRAF
 
13533 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sun May 08, 2016 6:04 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Ayorinde wrote:
dogzilla wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.


It's not working for me either. I've been trying since last night to get the Wave 3.V download link working.

Seems you have to have a Waldorf account now...

You're right. I could download Largo latest version just, when i logged in.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11362 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Sun May 08, 2016 6:28 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

chk071 wrote:
Ayorinde wrote:
dogzilla wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Largo download link is broken for Windows? I tried several times to download and get the same 404 error. I tried different browsers also and nothing works. Is Waldorf even aware of this issue? Maybe I'll shoot them an email.


It's not working for me either. I've been trying since last night to get the Wave 3.V download link working.

Seems you have to have a Waldorf account now...

You're right. I could download Largo latest version just, when i logged in.


I remember that recently someone at Waldorf mentioned they would like to change to a Login method opposing to the open downloads like in the past. Looks like they implemented that now.

I already had an older account that i did not use for a wile but it still works. The downlaods seem to be availabe from there.

The Login and/or registration seems to be available here:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/user-login

The software downloads are available at the lower left at "Product download" and then the different products at the right.

The downloads for hardware seem to be still available at the old download locations while at your account you could register the serials of your hardware.
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 2
raymondwave
KVRist
 
183 posts since 2 May, 2014

Postby raymondwave; Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

raymondwave wrote:I use Studio One v2.6.5 64bit on OSX 10.9.5.

Ever since getting PPG v3 and Largo I've juggled between VST and AU, both have their own quirks. This recent happened with VST (I had already deleted it and used AU instead, but had to re-install VST).

I can't replicate the patch recall, the patch I used (JdM "OnThePath") as a base recalled properly. I just checked on a new project. Maybe it's because I've upgraded the plugin in between.

But..

Load PWM Pad from Till Kopper bank, save and recall. The sound is now different. The issue is probably related. I reported this long time ago and it seems it's still not fixed.

The amount of time I've spent troubleshooting these plugins is insane.

And as a funny side note, PPG wave v3 crashed Studio One two times during the test I did just now. "Application is not responding" and beach ball rolls..


Fast forward 2,5 years and this preset problem is still there. I first reported this problem five years ago, unbelievable.

It now also doesn't seem to save patches with Studio One project or loads with a random preset.

I haven't used either Largo or PPG Wave 3v for a many years now, because they are insanely buggy, but also because of the steinberg licenser stick. Got slightly excited that they ditched it (heard nothing about from Waldorf, but now read about it here). Seems that nothing much has changed other than copy protection.
Last edited by raymondwave on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
11362 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

At the beginning of this year a bigger update of the Waldorf plugins was done that changed to the new serial based protection (simple serial and NOT a C/R based one!!!) instead of eLicenser.

As i had mentioned in another thread Waldorf had hired a new software developer that works full time at their office. As also mentioned the new developer needed time to get used to the code and we do not speak about just a single plugin but multiple ones and each at two platforms and multiple plugin formats.

Two new updates for Largo were released recently where the second was do to a new bug introduced with the previous update. Anotehr one should be released soon that should fix the issue concernig patch switching not working in certain cases (which happened when another part than part 1 was selected for editing). This was recently discussed in a separate thread here at KVR.

Further updates for the Waldorf plugins should follow in the near future which also include PPG Wave 3.V.
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 2
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments