Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Aloysius
KVRAF

20507 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

I had to get all my Waldorf products re-registered to MyWaldorf Account recently. Luckily I had all the info' (going back years). The helpful Support Staff (Daniel) generated some redeem codes for me.

in Dezember 2016 we launched a new shop system, as well as licensing system.
Attached you will find a product related coupon code, which need to be redeemed
in your MyWaldorf account...
iLok fanboi
raymondwave
KVRist

183 posts since 2 May, 2014

Postby raymondwave; Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Aloysius wrote:I had to get all my Waldorf products re-registered to MyWaldorf Account recently. Luckily I had all the info' (going back years). The helpful Support Staff (Daniel) generated some redeem codes for me.

in Dezember 2016 we launched a new shop system, as well as licensing system.
Attached you will find a product related coupon code, which need to be redeemed
in your MyWaldorf account...

I got my Largo and PPG 3v re-registered fine yesterday, but Waldorf Edition is probably so old that it has a different, shorter code which the site didn't accept. Probably need to contact support.

I'm just super disappointed to run into exact same problems I had 2,5-5 years ago with these plugins. There's no point using a plugin which doesn't load presets properly nor does save patches properly with project or loads a different patch/preset.
raymondwave
KVRist

Postby raymondwave; Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Just tried PPG Wave 3.v with Logic 10.3.2 also (in addition to Studio One 3.5.1). Presets load with wrong values and a saved a project using "PPG Wave 013 A" loaded up with "PPG Wave 000 A".
sfxsound3
KVRist

336 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:12 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

raymondwave wrote:I'm just super disappointed to run into exact same problems I had 2,5-5 years ago with these plugins. There's no point using a plugin which doesn't load presets properly nor does save patches properly with project or loads a different patch/preset.

Give them another 5 years - bugs like that are not easy to resolve! You in a hurry? :roll:

Ingonator wrote:Further updates for the Waldorf plugins should follow in the near future which also include PPG Wave 3.V.

What about Nave? :zzz:
Ingonator
KVRAF

11362 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:24 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

sfxsound3 wrote:What about Nave? :zzz:

Opposing to the other Waldorf plugins the updates for Nave are usually done by Rolf Wöhrmann aka Tempo Rubato as it is mostly his plugin.

Currently Rolf is heavily involved with development of the upcoming Waldorf Quantum flagship hardware synth.
The fact that he is involved there is no secret as most videos related to Quantum (mostly at Musikmesse 2017) were based on interviews with him.
Ingo Weidner - Sound Design
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9 / Studio One 3 / Bitwig 2
raymondwave
KVRist

Postby raymondwave; Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:11 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

sfxsound3 wrote:
raymondwave wrote:Give them another 5 years - bugs like that are not easy to resolve! You in a hurry? :roll:

I wonder if I've ever even used PPG Wave 3.v in any song, Largo I've used in a few, it seems a bit less buggy.

Just had another go with PPG Wave 3.v. Started with the preset "PPG Wave 000 A", made some tweaks, saved project, closed and re-opened. The plugin loaded with "PPG Wave 032 B" preset selected.

Back to other synths I guess, see you PPG in another 2,5 years.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

raymondwave wrote:
sfxsound3 wrote:
raymondwave wrote:Give them another 5 years - bugs like that are not easy to resolve! You in a hurry? :roll:

I wonder if I've ever even used PPG Wave 3.v in any song, Largo I've used in a few, it seems a bit less buggy.

Just had another go with PPG Wave 3.v. Started with the preset "PPG Wave 000 A", made some tweaks, saved project, closed and re-opened. The plugin loaded with "PPG Wave 032 B" preset selected.

Back to other synths I guess, see you PPG in another 2,5 years.

Just did a test with the 64-bit VST2 in Live 9.7.4 64-bit (in Windows 10 64-bit) using the latest official version v1.2.0 of PPG Wave 3.V (with the new serial protection).

I selected the preset 009 from the default bank called "PPG Wave 004 A", teaked a few parameters (e.g. Cutoff, Resonance, Amp Env Sustain) and saved a project in Live 9. After re-loading the project the same patch was played properly.
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Komplete 10, many more
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6466 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

I've honestly given up on Waldorf when it comes to updates and fixes.

I was going to buy Largo at some point, but I'm quite happy with Serum instead now.

Waldorf Edition 2 is not buggy in my copy of Ableton live 9, but the PPG 3.v is still buggy as shit whenever I try to edit the effects section or other details.
raymondwave
KVRist

Postby raymondwave; Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:55 pm Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Ingonator wrote:Just did a test with the 64-bit VST2 in Live 9.7.4 64-bit (in Windows 10 64-bit) using the latest official version v1.2.0 of PPG Wave 3.V (with the new serial protection).

I selected the preset 009 from the default bank called "PPG Wave 004 A", teaked a few parameters (e.g. Cutoff, Resonance, Amp Env Sustain) and saved a project in Live 9. After re-loading the project the same patch was played properly.

I'm using a Mac with Studio One 3.5 and latest Logic X, problems with both using AU.

Played with Largo for a while today and it seems to work better. There were some arp probs previously which seem to be gone. LFO sync had some probs also, gonna test it next.
simmo75
KVRist

415 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:59 pm Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

I've been trying to contact Waldorf support since August... They're pathetic.
I will never buy a Waldorf product again.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1646 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 pm Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

raymondwave wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Just did a test with the 64-bit VST2 in Live 9.7.4 64-bit (in Windows 10 64-bit) using the latest official version v1.2.0 of PPG Wave 3.V (with the new serial protection).

I'm using a Mac with Studio One 3.5 and latest Logic X, problems with both using AU.

Played with Largo for a while today and it seems to work better. There were some arp probs previously which seem to be gone. LFO sync had some probs also, gonna test it next.

They obviously don't have Mac testers on their team (as I haven't known a single Mac user of their plugins that are able to use them without a shitload of problems). From what I've seen I'm pretty sure they just throw on a VST-AU wrapper on them and upload it.
Ingonator
KVRAF

Postby Ingonator; Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

raymondwave wrote:

I had a look at the reported bugs (i am involved with the collection of bug reports too while i only test in Windows 10 myself). An issue like that with certain combinations of plugin formats and hosts seems to be known. THe combination of Live 9 and VST2 in Windows that i mentioned yesterday seems to be one where it works properly. As far as i could see from the report of my own tests with the VST2 in Windows i was only able to find an issue with the demo of Reaper 5. With the VST3 and the AAX it's again different.

As alraedy mentioned a new software developer at Waldorf works on updates for the Waldorf plugins and this currently also includes PPG Wave 3.V. An official update for PPG Wave 3.V should not take too long now while i do not know a release date yet.

AGAIN: Udates for the Waldorf plugins are work in progress while updates for Nave are usually done by Rolf Wöhrmann aka Tempo Rubato, not by the new developer at Waldorf.
raymondwave
KVRist

Postby raymondwave; Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Thanks Ingo for the info. It's good that the preset/patch bug is known. Last time I reported it they couldn't reproduce it.

Having said that I also received reply from Waldorf that they are working on fixing it so thumbs up and fingers crossed.
sfxsound3
KVRist

336 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

Say hi to Rolf!
chk071
KVRAF

13533 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 am Re: Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

masterhiggins wrote:They obviously don't have Mac testers on their team (as I haven't known a single Mac user of their plugins that are able to use them without a shitload of problems). From what I've seen I'm pretty sure they just throw on a VST-AU wrapper on them and upload it.

Considering they even use Mac computers to showcase their plugins on exhibitions, i'd say that is highly unlikely. And i don't know any serious developer anyway, who uses a wrapper to make a plugin work under a specific platform.

I'd rather say it was quite a severe blow that Wolfram Franke left the company, as he was the main head behind many of their hardware and software products, as far as i know.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments