How about Jamstix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RafaelMorgan wrote:Recently, I downloaded it again and was really surprised with what they've done to the interface. I really don't like it at all.
Agree completely! That GUI looks like a vulgar parody of a 1955 vintage Ford Ranch Wagon dashboard, with oodles of chrome lining and fake wood veneer. Yeech!

I really hope that the eagerly awaited Mac version will lose the blingbling and wasted screen estate in favour of a some choosy, slick and, above all, functional Maclike design.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

RafaelMorgan wrote:In my opinion, they've got a great plugin with tons of outstanding features inside an ugly, confusing, outdated and non-intuitive interface. It's a relatively easy fix, though. I think they would reach a much broader audience if they reconsider their general brand identity and interface.
I totally agree. Also, one of the worst step sequencers ever.

One thing I always hoped for is if they had a mode where you could "play" a drum beat into it's sequencer like you can using a regular DAW with a click and when you get it like you want it, hit a button that let's you use it as a seed for a jam.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
RafaelMorgan wrote:In my opinion, they've got a great plugin with tons of outstanding features inside an ugly, confusing, outdated and non-intuitive interface. It's a relatively easy fix, though. I think they would reach a much broader audience if they reconsider their general brand identity and interface.
I totally agree. Also, one of the worst step sequencers ever.

One thing I always hoped for is if they had a mode where you could "play" a drum beat into it's sequencer like you can using a regular DAW with a click and when you get it like you want it, hit a button that let's you use it as a seed for a jam.
There's the midi import which I've used a bit. Not sure it's in v3, but would be surprised if they removed it.
Meh

Great piece of software and great support - definitely a lot going on in the development department too, but with the focus on the Mac version now.

Although I have to agree about the GUI - that is the one area where it could use a huge amount of improvement

I think Mdrummer is better than Jamstix.

Better Kits, drumsynths, randomizers, excellent FX, very good pattern generator, etc. And IMO a much more usable GUI. It's a monster, and a bit overwhelming at first, but it does it all except track audio input (for me, the really cool thing about Jamstix).

i tried mDrummer many times but could never get my head around it. particularly, i never use builtin sounds and naturally tried to use mDrummer with a sampler, but could not find any settings for drum maps or even MIDI output. it seems to be geared towards being self-contained rather than driving drum synths. last time i tried was version 3.x though, maybe 4.x is better. i should give it a try some time. but for now, Jamstix is indispensable.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Don't you guys think the Logic X's 'Drummer' is just as good as Jamstix?

Hi again,

Great to hear that development is still ongoing!

If I were Presonus I would have bought JamStix ages ago, updated its UI (but who cares - how it sounds is what matters!), and sold it as an expansion to Studio One.

I know people's tastes are different, but at least to me, JamStix and Melodyne are the two VST plugs that have impressed me the most since the release of VST in the mid-90's.

Ralph - if you're reading this then keep up the great work.

/Sp-Sp
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Instruments”