Soundware Forum Now Live

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yay!!! No more banks, guess the synth, how do i make this sound and expansion packs posted here. Oh, wait...

There's nothing wrong with "Guess the synth" in the Instrument forum, especially from a respected KVR member such as Luftrum

Peace,
Andy.

p.s. enjoy my sig :cool:
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:There's nothing wrong with "Guess the synth" in the Instrument forum, especially from a respected KVR member such as Luftrum

Peace,
Andy.

p.s. enjoy my sig :cool:
Not that I would give a sh**t what is posted in which forum, but that guess-the-carrot-promo definitely belongs into the soundware forum, as it's a promo/announcement for a soundset, isn't it? But Soren is a good guy, he could post it in all forums simultaneously if I was the forum police...

"Guess the synth" is a silly self-promotion marketing plot. Luftrum is a talented sound designer and deserves respect but there are classier ways to drive attention. It's as obvious as a company worker posting like crazy all over the forums with their signature linking to their products.

Yeah, you busted me. Well done :tu:
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yeah, you busted me. Well done :tu:
Hoo boy - what did you do to upset this guy so much?

pinkpanther wrote:"Guess the synth" is a silly self-promotion marketing plot...
It's hardly subliminal advertising - just a bit of harmless fun :)

mikusan wrote:Hoo boy - what did you do to upset this guy so much?
Time of month, perhaps? ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Four pages in, and has anyone mentioned even a single sound bank yet? :o

I saw a patch set for Zebra 2 for sale while snooping through the Marketplace the other day, but thought I'd peek in here as a shortcut, and to maybe find other Z2 sets not listed in the KVR Banks listing. I guess this Topic is still having growing pains... :ud:

SciFiArtMan wrote:Four pages in, and has anyone mentioned even a single sound bank yet? :o

I saw a patch set for Zebra 2 for sale while snooping through the Marketplace the other day, but thought I'd peek in here as a shortcut, and to maybe find other Z2 sets not listed in the KVR Banks listing. I guess this Topic is still having growing pains... :ud:
Are you being serious or blind?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=257

I guess blind and stupid fits the bill! I didn't realize this was only an announcement thread (didn't notice the little info icon)! I really need to get out more!

Um, nevermind... (but thanks for the link, sampleconstruct!)

Checking the Serum and Codex synth topics, it seems like library makers have found a new way to spam the instrument section with a constant stream of soundcloud patch demos.
It's exactly like it was before the soundware forum went live.
Mods or admin should get involved and sort it out, unless the forum is for patch bank spammers after all.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

OutCider wrote:Checking the Serum and Codex synth topics, it seems like library makers have found a new way to spam the instrument section with a constant stream of soundcloud patch demos.
It's exactly like it was before the soundware forum went live.
Mods or admin should get involved and sort it out, unless the forum is for patch bank spammers after all.
My thoughts exactly, especially when the same demos are posted in 2 or 3 different threads.
TBH, the same "bump" rules as the market place should be applied to the soundware forum.
One of the few that does it right is The Unfinished. One thread, no spamming, complete demos, and only from few days before release until a couple of weeks after. I wished other presets programmers were as repectful.
And I'm not saying that because I also advertise there once in a while.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Personally I think it adds interest in a synth if people can hear examples of what it is capable of in the hands of creative sound designers. I certainly bought several plugins, including Serum, on the strength of some of Simon's creations for it, for example. I don't see it as spam - on the contrary, it's very helpful.

Hi All,

Like discussed some tim3e ago I'd like to release my softsynths M42, M51 etc
as freeware. I choose Karmacomposer to host it, but he doesn't deliver at all.
Is there a kind soul who can do this? Please answer to my private email: drambient@ outlook.com.
Thank you!

Guido

Return to “Site Stuff”