---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOX Continental V2

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quite a surprise. Did not expect that they publish this as their next emulation.

I got the free Martinic Model V which sound really nice:
http://www.martinic.com/combov/

There is even a 64-bit version and a Mac version for it.

One advantage of the Arturia plugin seems to be the included FXs where with the Martinic plugin i haveto use external FXs.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:with the Martinic plugin i haveto use external FXs.
... which to me is an advantage; I like to decide myself what/which FX I use on my instruments :hihi:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

the martinic is awesome and unbelievible free stuff!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:the martinic is awesome and unbelievible free stuff!
Totally agree! Not even going to give this Artura one a sniff with the Martinic one available, and the dev is really on top of development and fixing bugs too. Awesome guy!

One has to wonder - did Arturia do any market survey before sinking money into this one?

The Martinic Continental totally rocks.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Ingonator wrote:with the Martinic plugin i haveto use external FXs.
... which to me is an advantage; I like to decide myself what/which FX I use on my instruments :hihi:
Whats to stop you not using the fx on the synth? Are they hardwired ON?

Quite baffling since the Martin C organ is already a perfect VOX emulation. Arturia would have done been better to start rolling out V 4.0 of their V collection.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Arturia has announced the Vox Continental V
For me this is a big yawn :? Sorry, I can't relate to e-pianos...

Arturia should trust their own products, why not offer Origin V or Brute V ?

electro wrote:Quite baffling since the Martin C organ is already a perfect VOX emulation. Arturia would have done been better to start rolling out V 4.0 of their V collection.
Agreed. Actually, I think they should have started updating the audio quality years ago. It's never too late I guess, except for those of us who already sold all our Arturia plugs.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Numanoid wrote:For me this is a big yawn :? Sorry, I can't relate to e-pianos...
That's OK...this is an organ! :hihi:

dogzilla wrote:
Numanoid wrote:For me this is a big yawn :? Sorry, I can't relate to e-pianos...
That's OK...this is an organ! :hihi:
He he he :oops:

That just goes to show how little I can relate to e-pianos or organs :D

It ain't no B3. Another Farfisa. :o

Like I said elsewhere: Just download Martinic's free Combo Model V.

Edit: Okay, so I didn't read through much of the posts or I'd have known that the Martinic plug was mention multiple times - even in the OP. :oops:
Last edited by bailees7irish on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert Signature Here]

Spitfire31 wrote:One has to wonder - did Arturia do any market survey before sinking money into this one?

The Martinic Continental totally rocks.

/Joachim
I think they're running out of "vintage" keyboards to emulate!

But yeah, Martinic's "free" (donations are accepted on the left side of the web page) offerings are great. I run them through Guitar Rig for some overdrive and great Leslie/amp/speaker combinations, though there are some equally good, free amp/speaker/Leslie effects available. Basically, I'm not necessarily looking for "accuracy" as much as "cool tone".

That said, I own Arturia's latest collection, and some of the emulations there are great. I just wish they weren't ALL so CPU-hungry! Hopefully, they'll address that with this new offering...so we can all get back to playing like "Light My Fire"!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Instruments”