---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VOX Continental V2

Numanoid wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Just a precision: all the instruments and effects of this website are for Reaktor 5.9.
Yeah, I know, but they will work for 30 minutes sessions in Reaktor Player too ;)
Yes yes. Your suggestion is nice, indeed, my friend. By the way I don't know if there are many organs for Reaktor (outside the NI website itself, of course). So this one is interesting to know for this organ. And when getting back to the root we see little thumbnails at a glance of all his other creations. They look interesting.

I have not Reaktor (and shall not have, for independent reasons, my budget being planned for the next months) but one thing I know (being french, like this website whilst it is written in english) is that the instruments it contains are highly appreciated.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Boscomac to the rescue, still free and available:

http://boscomac.free.fr/?p=tranzistorg
Just a precision: all the instruments and effects of this website are for Reaktor 5.9.

But they are known to be excellent.
Wow! I hadn't heard of this site or these Reaktor-based effects and instruments before, but they sound great! Even the demo songs are really nice.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Quote; 
[Post]  by Spitfire31 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:33 am
"You're talking out of an orifice not commonly used for vocal expression.
Martinic's Combo V is modelled and not based on samples. So "round robin" and "16 bit samples" is just evidence of complete ignorance. Sheesh
/Joachim "

Thanks for your eloquent reply Joachim ...,

My comment was actually referring to a thread which had gone stale , with each post praising the existing free Vox C plugs , while bagging out a yet to be released (and unheard) New VI which is claiming many more features than the freebees provide .

I did say I just downloaded the freebee and havent tried it yet, and sorry for the ignorance , as for where the sounds come from .., that was  "My Guess" ..., but I cared not much for its details ,  and my only cares are for whether its sounds up to scratch compared to the real thing .

In the end I dont mind paying for the Arturia either (and will do so) ...,   if its "emulations/samples/ or "whatever"  sound authentic on a track...., we will just have to wait and see, as yet there are No demos etc for the Arturia to go by.. 

Quote;
[Post]  by Spitfire31 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:40 am
 "My guess (pure guesswork, no whispers from the horse's mouth) is that Arturia realised that their Vox would be a hard sell against Theo's superb emulation and that they made some sort of deal, hopefully mutually advantageous. /Joachim "

Could this comment also be granted the same reply of your eloquent wording Jokem ? ...,

- ie; "You're talking out of an orifice not commonly used for vocal expression."

..., and ...,

" is this also just evidence of complete ignorance - Sheesh "

NIIICE! Is that the latest version? Either way, good find!

Btw, I think Spitfire31's take on this is probably pretty close to truth. It was quite possibly a mutual agreement of some kind.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

bpblog wrote:
NIIICE! Is that the latest version? Either way, good find!

Btw, I think Spitfire31's take on this is probably pretty close to truth. It was quite possibly a mutual agreement of some kind.
I don't know if it's the last version in Softpedia, but one thing is sure... it is that you have it at its very last version for several weeks (11 of May 2014) in my Depositfile area (totally free access of course):
http://dfiles.eu/folders/HOUQN3MVZ
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Latest version listed in KVR database is v1.33

Latest version to download at Softpedia is v1.33 (32 and 64 bit)

Numanoid wrote:Latest version listed in KVR database is v1.33

Latest version to download at Softpedia is v1.33 (32 and 64 bit)
The same for mine... and with:
  • all the editions v1.33 for Mac OSX (VST and AU, 32 and 64-bit)
  • all the whole original webpage of the product !
  • all the eighteen MP3 songs it included !
  • the 13 page PDF manual,
  • etc.

BlackWinny wrote:The same for mine... and with:
  • etc.
I know you want to help those who miss the product. But the developer has removed the product for some reason, and devs usually do not condone that their products are distributed by third parties.

Before Martinic has given the green light to distribute Combo V in this way, I wouldn't do it.

Numanoid wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:The same for mine... and with:
  • etc.
I know you want to help those who miss the product. But the developer has removed the product for some reason, and devs usually do not condone that their products are distributed by third parties.

Before Martinic has given the green light to distribute Combo V in this way, I wouldn't do it.
Yes, I know. But it is still distributed by many freeware distributors. And nobody knows if it is for juridic reasons that it has been discontinued. It is simply indicated "Discontinued", without any other information. The rest (the MP3s) are those which are available everywhere in legal sites (SoundCloud, etc.)
So nothing is illegal there.

It's at that point legal that... the last page of the PDF manual ends by this: "This software is freeware. You can use this software without any restrictions in all your commercial and non-
commercial projects. You can freely redistribute this software, provided that a) you do not charge anything for this software, and b) you redistribute the original, unaltered installer or ZIP archive.
".

And in the pack which is downloadable on my website, the installers are unmodified, all the original informations are kept without any modification and any deletion. So... totally conform to the original, so totally conform to the sentence. Absolutely nothing is illegal.

And of course if Softpedia and all the others (including me) who keep this software alive received some cautions (at least we shall know by this that it was actually by pressions from another company) there will be absolutely no problem to remove it. Until there is nothing like this, the distribution is perfectly legal since we don't know the reasons why he has stopped himself to maintain and distribute it... and conform to the sentence expressed by the author at the end of the PDF manual.

Everybody can check the last page of the PFD here.

Spitfire31 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
planetearth wrote:Well...I don't know. If anything, Martinic's was out first, long before Arturia even talked about doing something like this. And unlike some of the recent Roland copyright issues over the patches, modeling a real-world instrument is not the same as sampling patches someone else created...and then selling those patches yourself.
Yeah, it is just a speculation. Martinic would be the one to say for sure why the instrument was withdrawn, does he (or she, or they) visit this forum?
Martinic used to post quite frequenty. My guess (pure guesswork, no whispers from the horse's mouth) is that Arturia realised that their Vox would be a hard sell against Theo's superb emulation and that they made some sort of deal, hopefully mutually advantageous.

Mum's the word, though.

/Joachim
I'd actually be surprised (and disappointed in Arturia) to find they'd "muscled" Martinic out of the VOX emulation arena. Even if they made some "deal" with him, he never had the market penetration in his area that Arturia does (he was never really a "threat"); they weren't quite the same instrument being offered; and Arturia hasn't done anything like this with any of the other freeware developers of Jupiter, Moog or Wurlitzer emulations.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
planetearth wrote:Well...I don't know. If anything, Martinic's was out first, long before Arturia even talked about doing something like this. And unlike some of the recent Roland copyright issues over the patches, modeling a real-world instrument is not the same as sampling patches someone else created...and then selling those patches yourself.
Yeah, it is just a speculation. Martinic would be the one to say for sure why the instrument was withdrawn, does he (or she, or they) visit this forum?
Martinic used to post quite frequenty. My guess (pure guesswork, no whispers from the horse's mouth) is that Arturia realised that their Vox would be a hard sell against Theo's superb emulation and that they made some sort of deal, hopefully mutually advantageous.

Mum's the word, though.

/Joachim
I'd actually be surprised (and disappointed in Arturia) to find they'd "muscled" Martinic out of the VOX emulation arena. Even if they made some "deal" with him, he never had the market penetration in his area that Arturia does (he was never really a "threat"); they weren't quite the same instrument being offered; and Arturia hasn't done anything like this with any of the other freeware developers of Jupiter, Moog or Wurlitzer emulations.

Steve
I don't like specifically Arturia, but I would be prudent... Who has a proof that Arturia is implicated in the discontinuing of Combo Model V?

At my knowledge, neither Arturia nor Tale (Combo Model V creator) have expressed something. We have only suppositions (Korg or Arturia or... a sudden decision by Tale himself or any other reason) but absolutely nothing concrete. Remember we had talked all together about suppositions here during several days, but we have never got the least start of the beginning of the first element of a concrete clue.

I would say nothing against Arturia without a sure evidence of proof or a formal declaration from Tale or from Arturia themselves. Juridically it could be very annoying for our KVR administrators if Arturia feels that some KVR members libel (a written defamation) their trademark by accusations without proof at a point that it would appear natural later for many people with the time that Arturia is the cause whilt in fact it is not.

Prudence, prudence... Accusations (even innuendo) on a forum engage the responsability not only of the person who writes these accusations or insinuations but also of the administrators of the forum.

I point out that I say that for everybody, including me.

Prudence in what we write...

Has anyone tried to contact Theo (theo(at)taletn) and just ask him?

My own (totally made-up) theory is that Arturia licensed the Vox name (it's the only emulation that actually uses "Vox" in its name) and was granted an exclusive license in exchange for a cut of the sales. They then rang up Theo and said "your organ looks too much like a Vox Continental and it's the same colour as ours".

bbaggins wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Theo (theo(at)taletn) and just ask him?

My own (totally made-up) theory is that Arturia licensed the Vox name (it's the only emulation that actually uses "Vox" in its name) and was granted an exclusive license in exchange for a cut of the sales. They then rang up Theo and said "your organ looks too much like a Vox Continental and it's the same colour as ours".
Ah, now that's a good point. If they licensed the VOX name, they can ask others to stop using it.

Then again, Martinic didn't use "Vox" (or "Continental") in the name of the product, right? I thought he only used it in the product description (if even then). And "Combo V" is not really infringing upon anyone's trademark any more than "Combo F" is.

And yes, we're all supposing here. For all we know, he simply got tired of maintaining them for "free", and went on to something else. Mayhaps someone should invite him to this thread to weigh-in on the matter. :wink:

Steve

planetearth wrote:
bbaggins wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Theo (theo(at)taletn) and just ask him?

Ah, now that's a good point. If they licensed the VOX name, they can ask others to stop using it.

Then again, Martinic didn't use "Vox" (or "Continental") in the name of the product, right? I thought he only used it in the product description (if even then). And "Combo V" is not really infringing upon anyone's trademark any more than "Combo F" is.

And yes, we're all supposing here. For all we know, he simply got tired of maintaining them for "free", and went on to something else. Mayhaps someone should invite him to this thread to weigh-in on the matter. :wink:

Steve
He didn't use it in the name of the product, but he referred explicitely to it in the PDF manual at different places (first as soon as the introduction he wrote "Combo Model V is a virtual combo organ, modelled after the mother of all combo organs: the Vox ® Continental. Vox ® is a registered trademark of Korg Europe Limited. Note that Korg does not endorse Combo Model V, nor is Korg in any way associated or affiliated with Martinic.")

So if a company (Arturia or anither one) has licensed the Vox name and was granted an exclusive license, yes they can forbid him to use it. But they can't forbid him to distribute his product if he accepts to change enough characteristics to make the product less close to the original. And that's possible without loosing the reputation of the product. But it needs time of course. It can be a reason of the sudden disappearance of the product, but it doesn't prevent a later reapparance with some modified characteristics and without any references to the brand name. And concerning the GUI (and the color), it is the same.

But again... all that are only suppositions on the totally unknown causes of the disappearance.

Return to “Instruments”