IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

How many of you like ST version 2 ? Version 3 is better in every way in my opinion. Not sure what more you'd want for the $99 upgrade price.......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:How many of you like ST version 2 ? Version 3 is better in every way in my opinion. Not sure what more you'd want for the $99 upgrade price.......... :shrug:
Only for it to work. That would be nice too.
It all hinges on the demo for me.

BBFG# wrote:
Teksonik wrote:How many of you like ST version 2 ? Version 3 is better in every way in my opinion. Not sure what more you'd want for the $99 upgrade price.......... :shrug:
Of course it works, why shouldn't it work? :o
I guess the demo would not change anything, or you have particular issues with your system?

IMO ST3 is not better in any way (for instance: GUI, importing features), but it works. Of course it works!

mhog wrote:IMO ST3 is not better in any way (for instance: GUI, importing features)
IMO ST3's GUI is much better. It's workflow is better...etc. Is it perfect ? No, nothing is......but for me it was more than worth the price of the upgrade. :shrug:
mhog wrote:Of course it works!
It works for you......some people are waiting for the Demo to make sure it works for them........ :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
mhog wrote:IMO ST3 is not better in any way (for instance: GUI, importing features)
IMO ST3's GUI is much better. It's workflow is better...etc. Is it perfect ? No, nothing is......but for me it was more than worth the price of the upgrade. :shrug:
mhog wrote:Of course it works!
It works for you......some people are waiting for the Demo to make sure it works for them........ :wink:
Well, if it works for me, I guess it works for anyone else... I mean, software (applications, games, vsts, plugins, etc.) work like that, or not?!

Regarding the GUI, I prefer the old one, very "vintage" and it expressed the ST "concept" better. But I must admit the workflow is much much better in ST3. On the contrary, the ST3 "importing feature" (so to speak) just suck, in order to create new instruments (with zones and velocity levels) one has to do that in ST2 and import them later in ST3.

mhog wrote: Well, if it works for me, I guess it works for anyone else... I mean, software (applications, games, vsts,
No, that's definitely not right. The nearly endless combinations of OS, Soundcard/drivers, CPU, DAWS etc etc means that while a plugin may work just fine on one system it may not do so on another........

That's why developers have Beta Teams.....to test as wide a range of system configurations as possible.

Since my issues weren't replicable, I've given up on trying to troubleshoot. It's not what I am paid to do. The main issue has something to do with my firewire Duet, but that should be neither here nor there, as it doesn't cut out on any other plugin of any kind. The second issue is just weirdness that has happened to me twice, again being non-replicable. So, I'll just use it sparingly, and mostly go with what I've bought over the last while to replace my IK VIs.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Teksonik wrote:
mhog wrote: Well, if it works for me, I guess it works for anyone else... I mean, software (applications, games, vsts,
No, that's definitely not right. The nearly endless combinations of OS, Soundcard/drivers, CPU, DAWS etc etc means that while a plugin may work just fine on one system it may not do so on another........

That's why developers have Beta Teams.....to test as wide a range of system configurations as possible.
I think it's more a question of "updates" rather than beta tests. For instance "1.01", "1.02" etc. I have partecipated in many tests for various products as a betatester, but this have never excluded regular updates due to minor issues (crushes, hw incompatbilities, etc.). Let's say ST3 works 99% out of 100% of times?

Of course I understand the right to try before you buy.

...and speaking of the demo, there is a free version now available in your IK User Area if you'd like to demo SampleTank 3.

Alternatively, there is the "Download" button on the left side of the SampleTank 3 product page: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/

Also, version 3.0.2 of the SampleTank 3 full is available and fixes issues with zones, library rescanning, and importing while the plugin/product is not authorized.

For those of you starting out with the Free / Demo version, I have collated lots of useful info over on the IK Multimedia forum:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=8546

And there are other threads there for FRs, BRs etc

Also, don't miss this:
And, for the moment, each week another instrument will be added:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3free/
I'm not sure how you get it yet. (I could be too early ;))
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

the crashing on some 3rd sampletank 2 addon librarys are not gone with this update !

mhog wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
Of course it works, why shouldn't it work? :o
I guess the demo would not change anything, or you have particular issues with your system?

IMO ST3 is not better in any way (for instance: GUI, importing features), but it works. Of course it works!
I don't have issues with my system. I have issues with software that doesn't work on my system. And so far the only things that haven't worked are the IK 64 bit plugins and Notion4. But Presonus has acknowledged it is an issue with their software and refunded me fully. Not so with IK.

i'd sincerely love to be proved wrong, but im guessing this Sampletank 3 'Free' is not able to import/load legacy ST2.5 libraries.. ?

gamecat666 wrote:i'd sincerely love to be proved wrong, but im guessing this Sampletank 3 'Free' is not able to import/load legacy ST2.5 libraries.. ?
At least the demo is here to give it a try.

gamecat666 wrote:i'd sincerely love to be proved wrong, but im guessing this Sampletank 3 'Free' is not able to import/load legacy ST2.5 libraries.. ?
$64,000 question. If so, I'll likely be annoyed. I doubt I would be the only one.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”