IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

RLSguitar wrote:BUYER BEWARE: Sampletank 2 XL licenses purchased at a "discounted bundle price" don't qualify for the upgrade![/color][/b]

I'm very bummed out about not qualifying for the upgrade price though I do have an ST2 XL license. The "discounted" ST2 XL license cost me $100 at the time from Sweetwater, so not qualifying seems unfair, IMHO. What do you all think?
Exceptions from the rule seems to be the IK's thang

i bought XL through one of the sales, so i should be in the clear...

although it's really bad for IK to do that. really, really bad.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

sfd wrote: I have a suspicion that you are in need of money to complete the production of ST3. Can you - once and for all - credibly dispel that suspicion?

Somebody wrote "pay and take the ride" will there be any ride at all - without pre-orders...
Not even close. We are more very solvent. Just on app sales alone (not accessories or hardware on the mobile side) we have had top-grossing apps on the App Store for years and that alone could fund SampleTank 3 for years to come (but it won't come to that).

The idea is so ludicrous I almost didn't even reply, if you want my honest answer.

sfd wrote:Peter - What is the real purpose of pre-orders? Don't tell me it's because you want to give us some nice offers. Noting prevents you from doing that upon release.

I have a suspicion that you are in need of money to complete the production of ST3. Can you - once and for all - credibly dispel that suspicion?

Somebody wrote "pay and take the ride" will there be any ride at all - without pre-orders...
I don't think any business will openly admit it if they are in trouble. And why should they?

I agree sfd that it would be nice to know but divulging that sort of information could easily sink the ship.

Pre-orders have the affect of providing revenues and affording loyal customers the opportunity to get the (so called) best deal.

They are supposed to be a win-win scenario.

There are other clues to the integrity and stability of a company. You can draw your own conclusions from what you see and hear.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

That was part of a bundle, and we do mention Total Workstation and Total Studio bundles are OK. So if you did not purchase a retail version of SampleTank 2 XL or get it in those two bundles, you qualify for the Crossgrade pricing. It isn't a matter of getting it "at a discounted price" it is in line with the specifications we state.

Composer Trio consisted of Miroslav, XL and Sonik Synth. Why shouldn't they be qualified when two out of three products in that bundle are qualified when sold separately or as part of other bundles?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

dsan@mail.com wrote:I don't think any business will openly admit it if they are in trouble. And why should they?
Nine Volt Audio and AdmiralQuality comes to mind...

dsan@mail.com wrote:
sfd wrote:Peter - What is the real purpose of pre-orders? Don't tell me it's because you want to give us some nice offers. Noting prevents you from doing that upon release.

I have a suspicion that you are in need of money to complete the production of ST3. Can you - once and for all - credibly dispel that suspicion?

I don't think any business will openly admit it if they are in trouble. And why should they?

I agree sfd that it would be nice to know but divulging that sort of information could easily sink the ship.

Pre-orders have the affect of providing revenues and affording loyal customers the opportunity to get the (so called) best deal.

They are supposed to be a win-win scenario.

There are other clues to the integrity and stability of a company. You can draw your own conclusions from what you see and hear.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My example was only one of multiple successful lines of business that can help with these conclusions. I understand, though, and hope that conspiracy theories or borderline defamatory information based on said speculation doesn't affect people choosing to do business with us. For multiple reasons.

Burillo wrote:Composer Trio consisted of Miroslav, XL and Sonik Synth. Why shouldn't they be qualified when two out of three products in that bundle are qualified when sold separately or as part of other bundles?
It is part of a bundle that is not specified as eligible, but does qualify for the crossgrade. If he feels this is still an issue, there is always opportunity to reply to the support ticket and make his case there. It will not be hashed out on a forum thread, though, since the decision and conversation is for and between support and him.

+1

If there is one vendor I would think is doing well, it is IK.

Not putting their egg in one basket, they are selling products on all platforms, and also hardware.

That is a reason to why I am worked up about the jampoints, for such a big vendor to play the fool with that "reward programme" is just mindboggling

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Burillo wrote:Composer Trio consisted of Miroslav, XL and Sonik Synth. Why shouldn't they be qualified when two out of three products in that bundle are qualified when sold separately or as part of other bundles?
It is part of a bundle that is not specified as eligible, but does qualify for the crossgrade.
why does it have to be so complicated? "3rd party retailers" is "3rd party retailers other than Sweetwater", "SampleTank XL or Miroslav" is "SampleTank XL or Miroslav standalone or part of some bundles, while other bundles, despite having the same products, qualify only for crossgrades"... why can't it just be "SampleTank XL or Miroslav", disregarding the type of license? i mean, this serves only to confuse people.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It will not be hashed out on a forum thread, though, since the decision and conversation is for and between support and him.
i'm just generally curious about this because this seems odd. as i said earlier, i should be fine because i own XL standalone, but i'm genuinely curious of the reasons. kinda makes me wary of bundles - maybe somewhere down the line i'll pick up a bundle that will not be "eligible" for something else...
Last edited by Burillo on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:My example was only one of multiple successful lines of business that can help with these conclusions. I understand, though, and hope that conspiracy theories or borderline defamatory information based on said speculation doesn't affect people choosing to do business with us. For multiple reasons.
Hopefully those making that choice will have the necessary wisdom to determine fact from theory and make an educated decision for themselves.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

@Burillo - it really isn't that complicated and is detailed here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

@dsan You'd think :)

neverenoughfunk wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
My price for upgrade (boxed) is $99.99 - $9.00 store credit = $90.99
But yeah, "bought the ticket".
you went to sweetwater? if yes... i got mine for 99 cents cheaper... a flat $90...

about "actually" having ST 3 on your harddrive... ST 3 ETA at Sweetwater is Aug 7... that would mean about Aug 11 to 13 to have it on your harddrive... that is if you want the box... that is what my rep told me...

one good thing... Sweetwater does not charge your card until the items are shipped!!!
Well, however the numbers worked, I won't quibble over 99 cents.
And I don't expect to have it on my drive until a week or ten days after it's really released.
Time is only a concern if IKM suddenly has another delay in that release time frame.
I'm far more concerned with it actually working once it's on my drive.

i'm not asking to explain it, i understand it perfectly :-) what i don't understand is *why*. why only certain bundles qualify but not others, despite having the same stuff in them?

Return to “Instruments”