IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Am I the only one who thinks its generous to offer upgrade special for those who own miroslav? Did synapse have a deal for those who had hydra and wanted Dune 2? Y'all put your pitchforks down, ik is not trying to screw you over.

Burillo wrote:i'm not asking to explain it, i understand it perfectly :-) what i don't understand is *why*. why only certain bundles qualify but not others, despite having the same stuff in them?
Total Studio and Total Workstation are both much larger bundles.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
sfd wrote: I have a suspicion that you are in need of money to complete the production of ST3. Can you - once and for all - credibly dispel that suspicion?

Somebody wrote "pay and take the ride" will there be any ride at all - without pre-orders...
Not even close. We are more very solvent. Just on app sales alone (not accessories or hardware on the mobile side) we have had top-grossing apps on the App Store for years and that alone could fund SampleTank 3 for years to come (but it won't come to that).

The idea is so ludicrous I almost didn't even reply, if you want my honest answer.
So what is the purpose?

LimboLoves wrote:Am I the only one who thinks its generous to offer upgrade special for those who own miroslav?
i was surprised, although i am guessing it speaks to the fact that, 'way back when', it was one of their premium products. pretty sure i spent over 200 quid on it :ud:

Burillo wrote:Composer Trio consisted of Miroslav, XL and Sonik Synth. Why shouldn't they be qualified when two out of three products in that bundle are qualified when sold separately or as part of other bundles?
It is part of a bundle that is not specified as eligible, but does qualify for the crossgrade. If he feels this is still an issue, there is always opportunity to reply to the support ticket and make his case there. It will not be hashed out on a forum thread, though, since the decision and conversation is for and between support and him.
Please advise on how to make my case? The reply from support was very clear and left no room for "negotiation" or further discussion. I suggest you edit your release announcement and include a disclaimer that not all ST2 XL licenses qualify and even specify that licenses purchased with Composer Trio don't qualify. Otherwise you may have even more disappointed legitimate customers like me.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

but they're still bundles, with discounted prices for XL/Miroslav licenses. no?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:but they're still bundles, with discounted prices for XL/Miroslav licenses. no?
They are larger bundles, specifically eligible for this preorder pricing, and I already stated it has nothing to do with "discounted prices" of anything within the bundles.

rlsguitar - About making a case, state why you feel it is unfair I suppose. I have no idea, since it seems ineligible even from what you posted you may be right.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i was surprised, although i am guessing it speaks to the fact that, 'way back when', it was one of their premium products. pretty sure i spent over 200 quid on it :ud:
Sonik Synth 2 "only" cost 400 bucks when that was released, so why should anybody who bought that then be included in this deal? :roll:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/ik_multime ... nth_2_1465

Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i was surprised, although i am guessing it speaks to the fact that, 'way back when', it was one of their premium products. pretty sure i spent over 200 quid on it :ud:
Sonik Synth 2 "only" cost 400 bucks when that was released, so why should anybody who bought that then be included in this deal? :roll:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/ik_multime ... nth_2_1465
you got me :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:you got me :shrug:
Seeing the huge price of SS2 and also it's close relation to Sample Tank (SS1 was a ST expansion), why aint SS2 users included in the pre-order deal?

No idea. I'll relay your suggestion and you can contact us directly through other means if you'd like.

Burillo wrote:but they're still bundles, with discounted prices for XL/Miroslav licenses. no?
They are larger bundles, specifically eligible for this preorder pricing, and I already stated it has nothing to do with "discounted prices" of anything within the bundles.

rlsguitar - About making a case, state why you feel it is unfair I suppose. I have no idea, since it seems ineligible even from what you posted you may be right.
I don't expect anything to happen, but I did reply and state my case with support. Though your forum posts where vague about upgrade price qualification and the ST3 release announcement did lead me to believe that all ST2 XL licensees would qualify for the upgrade price. So in my case, not all ST2 XL licenses are equal...
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:you got me :shrug:
Seeing the huge price of SS2 and also it's close relation to Sample Tank (SS1 was a ST expansion), why aint SS2 users included in the pre-order deal?
Dude !! I don't know :shrug:

Time i left this thread, methinks

Peter, how about a demo on the Key Switching articulation functions? I am more interested in the Brass samples..
Last edited by Rajah on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RLSguitar wrote:

I don't expect anything to happen, but I did reply and state my case with support. Though your forum posts where vague about upgrade price qualification and the ST3 release announcement did lead me to believe that all ST2 XL licensees would qualify for the upgrade price. So in my case, not all ST2 XL licenses are equal...
Edit - Composer Trio included SampleTank L not XL so I don't know what happened in your situation but the bundle was supposed to contain L not XL.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”