IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

DarkStar wrote:
surferman wrote:I was able to tweet and get the code, but the order page at ik won't take the code.
"JamPoints or coupons cannot be applied on pre-orders"
(My emphasis).

Yea, but
MillerSam wrote:Guys check Facebook, you have the social discount (20% off). I have made it and have 20% off the price of the pre-order ;) than the price is 78.08 Euro
Said he was able to use it, so I tried.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

so, i'm guessing i don't NEED the card option if i won't be buying anything else from sweetwater

also, the sweetwater download only states that it's for sampletank 2 xl owners. i am assuming it is the same upgrade option as mentioned on the ik site (to include owners of miroslav full)

oh well, will chew over this some more i guess

no, you don't, but if you buy a card for $91, you get just enough to buy sampletank. so even if you don't plan on buying anything else from sweetwater, you can still use it. you don't NEED it in order to preorder sampletank upgrade, but you NEED it if you want to have it for $91 as opposed to $99.99.

source: just tried it :-) for EU citizens, it's even cheaper than with social discount - adds up to like 67 EUR.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:no, you don't, but if you buy a card for $91, you get just enough to buy sampletank. so even if you don't plan on buying anything else from sweetwater, you can still use it. you don't NEED it in order to preorder sampletank upgrade, but you NEED it if you want to have it for $91 as opposed to $99.99.

source: just tried it :-) for EU citizens, it's even cheaper than with social discount - adds up to like 67 EUR.
ok, gotcha :tu:

i guess i will cross my fingers that it is the same upgrade offer as with ik site (i don't see how it could be any different), and i guess i would qualify for a refund if not

many thanks :)

of course it's the same sampletank 2 XL we all know and love...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:of course it's the same sampletank 2 XL we all know and love...
what i mean is that on the ik site it stipulates that the offer also applies for those of us who own full miroslav

ah, i see what you mean. i guess IK reps could clarify that, but since i don't see any other upgrades, i assume it's the same one.

besides, i own both, so i'm not worried at all :-)

Burillo wrote:ah, i see what you mean. i guess IK reps could clarify that, but since i don't see any other upgrades, i assume it's the same one.

besides, i own both, so i'm not worried at all :-)
i don't have sampletank, but have owned miroslav for years :ud:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:Why would anybody risk pre-ordering ST3 after all that's happened so far?
This is just crazy. You should keep the price down for the first few months. I wouldn't even buy it on the day of release, I need to see reviews, or a demo version (and obviously a demo won't contain all 33GB, so I'd sooner see reviews of it on Youtube that others have done.)
if you buy at this price now, then you will easily get your money back (even when factoring in the license xfer fee). this is what's making me think to take a punt, as i could make a great package deal with miroslav and the tron stuff, if i found i didn't need it
What if it turns out to be not very good? How many presets have we heard from it? Five? Eight? Out of 4,000? They can't even do a few hour long videos demonstrating the sounds, and instead we get useless pictures? We all know what a piano, a bass, a guitar, and a violin look like. We don't need pictures. We don't even need pictures when using the VST. I presume everybody here can read.
Last edited by basslinemaster on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What I find astounding is, that after 10 years of NOT really supporting this product line AT ALL
(5 Products - not ONE - 4 years since last "point" update) people would still be "chomping at the bit"
to buy this...

Even more ASTOUNDING, they've eliminated ST Free to FORCE you to pay them to get
the 64 bit option that they should have GIVEN you years ago...

No one said "audio" people were very bright I guess. That's ok...
SampleTank 4 will be out in about 10 years...

But you can certainly expect "point" updates every 2 to 4 years until then...
and another 10,000 iApps of the same product that will get updated monthly and sell for $9.99 or less...

(But, keep in mind, you'll be able to pick this up for about $5 in the next group buy... =P)

That's my 2 Cents....
"Not only do we make the music...the music makes us"

basslinemaster wrote:What it turns out to be not very good?
SampleTank 2 is 10 years old. The latest addons for it are what, 7-8 years old now? They still sound great. Dated, not very detailed, sometimes wacky, but the sounds themselves are crafted way better than anything, given the memory footprint of each preset. after all this time, IKMM has gained much expertise in this area, and, if i'm not mistaken, you can already hear some of the ST3 presets in SampleTank for iDevices. do they sound like crap? IKMM has stepped up their game very much - the amps, the T-Racks modules, everything is top-notch. from where i'm standing, there's nothing to worry about.

Preorders without having a demo is an awful business practice IMO and should not be supported. It's the same as with games. The decision not to allow JamPoints is another kick in the teeth.

paterpeter wrote:Preorders without having a demo is an awful business practice IMO and should not be supported. It's the same as with games. The decision not to allow JamPoints is another kick in the teeth.
err .. isn't that kind of the entire point of a preorder? I'm not a huge fan of IK business model or the Custom Shop approach, but their products are anywhere from meh to excellent. Criticism like this is ridiculous.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

paterpeter wrote:Preorders without having a demo is an awful business practice IMO and should not be supported.
But, how else do you save $100? :wink:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Instruments”