IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

That's all well and good, but those of us into sampled drums can already look forward to Addictive Drums 2 and EZDrummer 2 which, unlike ST3, have defined release dates.

Not to mention all the plethora of products out already, including free ones.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but after years (no exaggeration) of drip-feeding, I haven't seen anything that I don't already have from competing products. The T-Racks effects are nice, but how many people here use built-in ROMpler effects to mix, rather than the more familiar ones in their DAW?

Thank you for showing interest in this thread and SampleTank 3, and for the views and bumps. I'm only posting here since people showed interest yet did not want to visit our forum instead of KVR since they are here more frequently. The link to that post is in my signature and the ability to unsubscribe to threads you are not interested in reading on KVR should be on the very page you are reading right now if you are truly not interested in receiving notifications about this thread. Enjoy your day, I hope you try SampleTank 3 as I'm loving it more with each build (and while it is not a dedicated drum product like those you mentioned, it is a very powerful tool for drum parts with 60 kits right now - I spared you from posting a shot of each and every one so you can thank me later - each with unique samples, right now and even that large number may increase).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Here is a collection of assorted kick drum samples from SampleTank 3 mapped chromatically and using Vintage Tube Program EQ as an insert effect:
... on which notes? Are the organised in any fashion? And, from the description these kicks are those taken from the various kits; or are there others too?
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Here we have an Alt Rock Kit from the Acoustic Drums in SampleTank 3 with General MIDI mapping, round robin, articulations, and multi-velocity just like the other kits we've been showing you. You can see the MACRO section and what controls you have there over the sound, and there are articulations available too (see the information in the screenshot for details):
A few questions ;)
-- Round-robin AND multi-velocity? Typically, how many of each? And, consequently, how many samples per key?
-- how does that apply to other instrument types (strings, woodwinds, guitars, ...) too?
-- can we see where the additional tom and snare articulations are mapped?
-- this kit has separate instruments for each class of drum kit piece; looking back, the Pop Rock kit does not appear to have them, should it?
-- it looks like the Macro controls are 0-100 values; is that right? Is that because they are Volume/Amount controls? Or will all Macro controls have that same scale (the FX controls have different scales)
-- wouldn't it be better for volume controls to use a dB scale?
-- I see the Pitch Bend and Mod Wheel controls appearing above the virtual keyboard, I did not see them displayed when the FX selector and an FX's controls were displayed, will they be?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I've put your questions up to the project manager, DarkStar, so I'm not ignoring them I just want to make sure I'm giving the correct answers (plus I'm technically on vacation right now but didn't want to leave you hanging).

I also didn't want to rob anybody of the joy of another screenshot :) so here goes... Today we have a classic Stage Electric Piano from SampleTank 3 with the Jazz Amp 120 as an insert effect. Great electric piano tone suitable for jazz, R&B, and much more:

Thank you, no problem.

You keep posting the pics and I'll keep microscoping them. ;)

Anyway, take a well-deserved break and enjoy your holiday. Perhaps we'll see something like this:

PS: the drum kit was the best part of 600MB, but that Stage Piano is 'only' 11MB. How detailed / multisampled is it?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Thank you, no problem.

You keep posting the pics and I'll keep microscoping them. ;)

Anyway, take a well-deserved break and enjoy your holiday. Perhaps we'll see something like this:

PS: the drum kit was the best part of 600MB, but that Stage Piano is 'only' 11MB. How detailed / multisampled is it?
It's a screenshot of a Ukulele, in the distance?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Somebody's keepin' an eye on this thread...

You need to limit that rez, bro.

roto toms please and more cowbell.

Wow that beach looks authentic. Will Sample Tank make me feel like i'm on vacation? Hmm might consider it then.

Here is a great Electric Grand Piano with the Small Phazer as an insert effect for that sweet familiar phaser effect. Great electric piano tone suitable for many styles:

As my comment was deleted on GS, let me change my approach and say that this may be the most awesomest collection of sampler preset pictures ever.

Overall, I give an edge to NI, XLN and UVI for postmodern photo-realism that's more to my taste, but these have something I just can't quite put my finger(s) on.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Today's cheese is 'smoked gouda'. notice how we have set macros to control texture, waxiness of rind and colour tint

We totally need a deep sampled beach :)

zakufan wrote:We totally need a deep sampled beach :)
I prefer a deep sampled beech

farlukar wrote:
zakufan wrote:We totally need a deep sampled beach :)
I prefer a deep sampled beech
That would be nice for sampled sounds of nature...
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”