IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter,

Why not shoot a quick video that demonstrates the import feature? Obviously, this, and the upgrade to a larger GUI and 64-bit solution, is what people are most interested in. I suspect we are not getting a video demonstration because this is not considered a key feature of the upgrade, or perhaps it is just clunky and not worth advertising? It is a mystery to me. IKM should bear in mind the large number of people who already own older libraries and will buy this to get an upgraded system for those samples.

At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that this "upgrade" is mostly about selling new sounds and effects ported from other IKM products. We are close to the release now and that seems to be the focus of all the videos and audio clips. I would have expected to see workflow and import feature demonstrations. Can you/will you provide these before the pre-order expires?

It is not clunky at all. I'll request a screenshot of the import (probably the Imported Instruments folder), though that is really all it is. It is a quick import using "Import Legacy Instruments" button and then you find your imported instruments in that folder. I'm not sure what other information is coming during the preorder period but I've forwarded your requests above. Thank you.

blueman wrote:Peter,

Why not shoot a quick video that demonstrates the import feature? Obviously, this, and the upgrade to a larger GUI and 64-bit solution, is what people are most interested in. I suspect we are not getting a video demonstration because this is not considered a key feature of the upgrade, or perhaps it is just clunky and not worth advertising? It is a mystery to me. IKM should bear in mind the large number of people who already own older libraries and will buy this to get an upgraded system for those samples.

At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that this "upgrade" is mostly about selling new sounds and effects ported from other IKM products. We are close to the release now and that seems to be the focus of all the videos and audio clips. I would have expected to see workflow and import feature demonstrations. Can you/will you provide these before the pre-order expires?
Exactly! Blueman wrote it better than I was able to.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I've imported legacy libraries myself, it is a smooth process, I'm sorry I don't know what else to tell you but it isn't a matter of not being allowed to post something it is a matter of it being a pretty cut and dry function that we will have in the product and we state it a couple of times on the links provided. I don't think you are being suspicious, I just don't really know what other information would give you confidence.
Why not a screenshot, video?
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It is not clunky at all. I'll request a screenshot of the import (probably the Imported Instruments folder), though that is really all it is. It is a quick import using "Import Legacy Instruments" button and then you find your imported instruments in that folder. I'm not sure what other information is coming during the preorder period but I've forwarded your requests above. Thank you.
I will quote my own post!
Sasu Honka wrote:
I know it is not Your fault. You can only post what IKM allows...
Religious groups would ask you to just blindly believe...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It is not clunky at all. I'll request a screenshot of the import (probably the Imported Instruments folder), though that is really all it is. It is a quick import using "Import Legacy Instruments" button and then you find your imported instruments in that folder. I'm not sure what other information is coming during the preorder period but I've forwarded your requests above. Thank you.
Not wishing to harp on this, but for simple clarification...
Can we copy the folders over into a location within the ST3 folders and then import from there (for obvious reasons of eventually eliminating the 32 bit VIs from our system).
ST2 always instructed to click re-list after installing, but it seemed rare when I actually needed to.
So... similar?

Sasu Honka wrote: Religious groups would ask you to just blindly believe...
As would the current state of fad scientism sans method. :hihi:

BBFG# wrote:
Can we copy the folders over into a location within the ST3 folders and then import from there (for obvious reasons of eventually eliminating the 32 bit VIs from our system).
ST2 always instructed to click re-list after installing, but it seemed rare when I actually needed to.
So... similar?
You can copy them wherever you'd like and import them. However, a new set will be created inside of the SampleTank 3 structure so you'll end up with duplication and you'll want to get rid of the old ones post import anyway. So better workflow may be to copy them somewhere else like a "scratch" area temporarily or if they are on, say, an external drive just attach that then import them and delete the old files from the scratch area or detach the external drive.

Sasu Honka wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I've imported legacy libraries myself, it is a smooth process, I'm sorry I don't know what else to tell you but it isn't a matter of not being allowed to post something it is a matter of it being a pretty cut and dry function that we will have in the product and we state it a couple of times on the links provided. I don't think you are being suspicious, I just don't really know what other information would give you confidence.

Sasu Honka wrote:
That last part is a bit much, in my opinion. I post what I am given, as you can likely understand we are testing SampleTank 3 and I'm not going to post self-made screenshots or videos willy-nilly that are not approved for release (that should seem obvious as I've been smart enough to keep a job here for almost 5 years by not doing so many stupid things as people here already think I'm enough of a "loose cannon" I'm sure). That's what our site is for, and any shots are available there at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3

I DID say that I would request it and I have done so already (edit - as I have also done for bluesman's request for more workflow and feature-related materials). If not having a screenshot or video of the import gives you pause, that is certainly within your rights and I'd suggest you don't preorder if you are not comfortable doing so. If I get what you request and it makes you more comfortable, that would be great and would make me happy too. Just please don't insult me with this religious cult comparison, I actually do find that highly offensive on many levels as I'm not asking you to blindly believe you have a choice to go in or not based on the information you have.

i bet the next come up wishing a video how to start up ST3 in his daw. i thought it can't go any deeper but i forgot it's kvr.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:i bet the next come up wishing a video how to start up ST3 in his daw. i thought it can't go any deeper but i forgot it's kvr.
I demand a screenshot of it in use inside of DubTurbo and Saw Studio or else I'm converting to another sampling religion.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
So... similar?
You can copy them wherever you'd like and import them. However, a new set will be created inside of the SampleTank 3 structure so you'll end up with duplication and you'll want to get rid of the old ones post import anyway. So better workflow may be to copy them somewhere else like a "scratch" area temporarily or if they are on, say, an external drive just attach that then import them and delete the old files from the scratch area or detach the external drive.
Hi Peter,

For efficient use of my Win7 x64 DAW computer resources, I keep all my sound libraries, presets and samples on a secondary drive from the OS and programs drive. Will this be possible with ST3 or is the folder structure strict? Will I be able change the location of these folders within the ST3 structure to my sounds drive? I don't mind if it requires editing the registry but it would be great to be able to keep samples and presets on a separate internal drive.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Sasu Honka wrote:

Sasu Honka wrote:
That last part is a bit much, in my opinion. I post what I am given, as you can likely understand we are testing SampleTank 3 and I'm not going to post self-made screenshots or videos willy-nilly that are not approved for release (that should seem obvious as I've been smart enough to keep a job here for almost 5 years by not doing so many stupid things as people here already think I'm enough of a "loose cannon" I'm sure). That's what our site is for, and any shots are available there at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3

I DID say that I would request it and I have done so already (edit - as I have also done for bluesman's request for more workflow and feature-related materials). If not having a screenshot or video of the import gives you pause, that is certainly within your rights and I'd suggest you don't preorder if you are not comfortable doing so. If I get what you request and it makes you more comfortable, that would be great and would make me happy too. Just please don't insult me with this religious cult comparison, I actually do find that highly offensive on many levels as I'm not asking you to blindly believe you have a choice to go in or not based on the information you have.

Hi Peter-

Please accept my apologies for going over the line.
I have nothing against you. You are doing a great job in a very difficult situation.

English is not my native language and after reading my last post again I understand that my choise of words was not very correct.

I can see why You were offended, that was not my intention.

I was trying to say that being the sceptic that I am, I have a very bad tendecy to doupt.

I will try to learn to be more understandable and open.

Yours- Sasu Honka

It does seem that reducing the value of existing jam points by twenty percent is a bait and switch and downright lame. I have no problem with a change in policy on new points going forward, but devaluing people's previously accumulated points is not a great way to engender trust in existing customers.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Wrong thread, sorry. Moving post.

--

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: ...as I have also done for bluesman's request for more workflow and feature-related materials
Thank you, Peter, that's really all I can ask for. I appreciate the response :)

Return to “Instruments”