IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

I hope to have some news for you on that front soon. I will post here as soon as I know it is good to go.

thanks peter 8)

jsp1979 wrote: but I would think that such a crowded drive would have trouble.
Indeed, keeping a disk at 50% or less capacity, should help it's speed and
longevity, and not be considered as wasted space. You can be much more
frugal with storage drives that don't get heavy use.

I look forward to the pictures, since I'm not a walking world instrument
encyclopedia, but like using them, and will enjoy seeing them.
I would go further, and have an alternate pic of each one in a concert or
recording/sampling session. Users could chip in to complete the collection.
Cheers

This Gu Zheng from SampleTank 3 uses velocity switching to switch between picking and finger bends. Notice there is also a Gu Zheng with keyswitching (KS) articulations:

SampleTank 3 Anklungs that use key switching to switch between hit, flam, and shake articulations for ultra-realistic performances:

^^^^
Can the key-switches be highlighted (or named or both) on the virtual keyboard (a la K*****t)?
Can the playable keys be highlighted (= ST2 Zones)?
Can the highlighted keys be constrained by the Range controls (low note and high note), if any?
Just wondering, are the Flams, Hits and Shakes separate instruments really needed?
And what is the Split version of the instrument?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

For the Gu Zheng, is the velocity split between picked and finger-bend editable? Sometimes it is hard to play notes with velocity 127on a keyboard.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
Can the key-switches be highlighted (or named or both) on the virtual keyboard (a la K*****t)?
Can the playable keys be highlighted (= ST2 Zones)?
Can the highlighted keys be constrained by the Range controls (low note and high note), if any?
Just wondering, are the Flams, Hits and Shakes separate instruments really needed?
And what is the Split version of the instrument?
Inactive keys are grayed out in the interface, same as we did in iOS.

You cannot highlight keys.

The range controls set which keys and velocities are active. Inactive keys are grayed out.

RE The Anklungs: The split instrument has the different articulations mapped to different notes on the keyboard instead of as a key/velo/mod wheel switch.

RE the necessity of the separate Anklung instruments: You don't need to use those and can probably delete them from your disk, too, if you want.

RE the Gu Zheng: No, you cannot edit the velo switch point. But of course we didn't just put the split at v127. :)

I've been out on the loop on this. Any updates on the ETA? I just got some money back from the tax office. If the ETA is 3 months or something forget it. I could maybe hold off for two weeks. :hihi:

lotus2035 wrote:I've been out on the loop on this. Any updates on the ETA? I just got some money back from the tax office. If the ETA is 3 months or something forget it. I could maybe hold off for two weeks. :hihi:
We're still on track for the mid-year estimate. That would be more than two weeks but far shorter than 3 months. We'll have more news soon.

Here's a SampleTank 3 hammered dulcimer with multiple articulations, velocities, and round robin samples. You can use key switching to go between long notes, flourishes, and tremolo:

i have to ask... as for the lastest ethnic instruments screenshots... how many use those type of instruments/sounds now in there production/music making... and if you have/do could you post a tune or two showing how you used them...

thanks in advance!!!

:tu:

neverenoughfunk wrote:i have to ask... as for the lastest ethnic instruments screenshots... how many use those type of instruments/sounds now in there production/music making... and if you have/do could you post a tune or two showing how you used them...

thanks in advance!!!

I do.

And I'm far to be the only one in the world...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:i have to ask... as for the lastest ethnic instruments screenshots... how many use those type of instruments/sounds now in there production/music making... and if you have/do could you post a tune or two showing how you used them...

thanks in advance!!!

I do.

And I'm far to be the only one in the world...

COOL!!!

is there anyway i/we could hear some of those tunes using ethnic instruments...

p.s. what software do you use now for those types of patches?

We've got some here for the world instruments and loops Xpansion Tanks that have been out for a while: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/xp ... nk-2-audio

...and a few of the SampleTank 2.5 XL audio demos use ethnic instruments too: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... 2-xl-audio

We are working on quite a few audio demos now for SampleTank 3 and I see there are some ethnic instruments there too.

Return to “Instruments”