IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

When's the deadline for the pre-order? I mean the exact date? Can't afford to preorder this month, broke.
musisikamar.com

Wow, much of this sounds pretty great. I'll definitely be upgrading.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

mhog wrote:I remember some news about "very special price" for "old devoted Sampletank owners" or smth (the ones who bought it in 2004-2005). I am among them (I bought it in 2005 for about 400€), waiting for ST3 for 5-6 years now. I expected a special treatment... on the contrary I have to pay 80€ + 20€ (Sales Tax VAT) = 100€ (= brand new ST2 today's price). Conclusion: "devoted" ST owners have to pay 500€ for ST3. The others 200€ or less... :dog: :?
Isn't the use you have gotten out of ST2 in the last 9-10 worth anything?

lotus2035 wrote:Edit: price goes up after the pre-order phase apparently.
I wouldn't bet on that.

firepile wrote:
mhog wrote:I remember some news about "very special price" for "old devoted Sampletank owners" or smth (the ones who bought it in 2004-2005). I am among them (I bought it in 2005 for about 400€), waiting for ST3 for 5-6 years now. I expected a special treatment... on the contrary I have to pay 80€ + 20€ (Sales Tax VAT) = 100€ (= brand new ST2 today's price). Conclusion: "devoted" ST owners have to pay 500€ for ST3. The others 200€ or less... :dog: :?
Well, it wasn't me who wanted the special deal, IKM claimed it some time ago, in 64bit era, like: "don't sell your 32bit old ST bought 10 years ago, boxed and full price, because ST3 64 bit is on the way and there will be a big surprise for you, devoted early users!". Something like that... Different treatment between us (original boxed 400€ ST2) and the others (99€ ST2 "only download" owners).

firepile wrote:
i would have to agree with using ST 2 for 9 - 10 years is worth something... only problem is... the promises that were made for ST 3... i do think $99 is a fair upgrade price... i.e. same as Halion Sonic 1 to Halion Sonic 2... but the only difference is there were no limited time update window for Halion Sonic 2 upgrade... which i find pretty sad... especially for being strung along for about 5 years...

only real problem i have with the pre-order update is... for the iLoud ik multimedia took pre-orders in Aug 2013 but was not released until late November 2013... i rather have my $99 in my account until i can actually have the product on my machine i.e. demo it... and see how it is running on others machines first... instead of buying it blindly...

http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/h ... rs-450973/

:tu:

Yo' jampoints ain't no good 'round these parts, pawtna :clown:

blueman wrote:Yo' jampoints ain't no good 'round these parts, pawtna :clown:
another sad point... i was once told by an ik multimedia rep... "buy ik multimedia's other products and build up your jam points for when ST 3 comes out"... sad... but true!!!

i believe ST 3 will be a decent product... but the marketing has diminished the excitment!!!

JamPoints are usable after the preorder period. This pricing was chosen to get more people to the lowest possible pricing without having to use their JamPoints, reducing the complexity and saving the JamPoints for something else (or if your JamPoints expired etc). Basically, after going through many-tiered and overly-complex pricing structures, IK decided that we would offer the lowest introductory price for upgrade, crossgrade, and full versions directly from the start and to many more people than would have originally qualified (with or without JamPoints). So you are now able to preorder SampleTank 3 at the lowest possible price, without having to use your JamPoints at all and for the price originally targeted as the lowest with JamPoints use - you can use them for other things, while still getting the price point you would have reached for SampleTank 3 by using JamPoints. I hope this helps.

Given IK's tendency to charge for re-downloads after the initial purchase and the hefty size of the library, is it possible to either pre-order DVDs or pay a nominal charge to buy a set of discs sans license after the release?

This pricing was chosen to get more people to the lowest possible pricing without having to use their JamPoints, reducing the complexity and saving the JamPoints for something else (or if your JamPoints expired etc).
i may be wrong... but to reduce the complexity and saving the JamPoints for something else (or if your JamPoints expired etc)... the upgrade for ST 2 user should just be $99 no strings attached i.e. not just a pre-order price... $149 for the cross-grade no strings attached... that would be straight forward... not complex at all... right?

So would giving it away. This is the best deal we could offer. I hope it suits your needs, and if not I'm sorry that it doesn't.

@yevster - PM'd you for now, will circle back with some of the info mentioned if necessary/possible when I get it squared away. Thank you.

xamido wrote:When's the deadline for the pre-order? I mean the exact date? Can't afford to preorder this month, broke.
+1

Is there an actual date Peter?

So would giving it away. This is the best deal we could offer. I hope it suits your needs, and if not I'm sorry that it doesn't.
NO!!! i do not want anything for free... paying for ST 3 means i earned it (that is if i purchase it)... just the marketing has destoyed the excitment for me... i.e. like going to an out doors concert... and it begins to down pour!!!

yevster wrote:Given IK's tendency to charge for re-downloads after the initial purchase and the hefty size of the library, is it possible to either pre-order DVDs or pay a nominal charge to buy a set of discs sans license after the release?
Actually, I got the information I needed quickly enough to answer here. Two things: A) The download period starts upon registration so that's a good thing and B) We will soon be changing the sounds redownload period to be 1 year from registration.

On the option to pay for a set of discs down the road, I don't yet have a solid answer.

Return to “Instruments”