IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

2 things ...

1. That dude playing the electric guitar has some weird faces when he plays. You might consider just showing pictures of the program and not his weird face. lol, he's skilled but it freaks me out that he's doing the guitar face.

2. I will consider this when it comes on sale if it has a lot of different sounds. Last thing I wanna do is buy it and then spend money on packs like Nexus.

Otherwise, looks like a pretty solid program. I haven't tried any other samplers though lol.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but don't recall seeing anything about this --

Will ST3 be Mac OS 10.6.8 compatible?? :?:

dbender wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but don't recall seeing anything about this --

That's a good question, I'll ask.

For today's update, here's a classic 4001 bass with roundwounds on it and the bridge pickup sampled. It is using the SVT Classic amp as an insert effect too, so this is a classic bass tone for sure.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
dbender wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but don't recall seeing anything about this --

That's a good question, I'll ask.
Thanks, Peter. That's very important to me -- don't want to have to upgrade OS to use ST3.

The piano sounds good. So does the fretless. And I don't hear the steady hum of overworked MBP fans, so that's a good sign. Can't wait to hear more audio... Hm. Actually, I have been waiting. But don't let that stop you from posting more demos... :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I really like the looks of the new interface. Good job, GUI designers!

Incidentally, Mr. Rudess's demo had the side-effect of selling me on the iRig Keys. I figured that if he can find it playable, then someone like me who by comparison is pressing with garden rakes will also find it useful. Plus it's a good size (especially the low height and minimal depth, and also by having 3 octaves) and just right for my table. Over the years I have felt frustrated trying to arrange PC keyboard, mouse and midi controller in a usable way, and this will work just fine.

Thanks for the kind words! I know that we'll get more audio demos together before release so let me follow up on those when people are in the office.

For todays's shot, here is a fine hollowbody bass from SampleTank 3, a picked tone with the Vintage Tube Program EQ as an insert effect. This bass definitely does have a very full and warm tone as the description says.

Check out this P Bass with roundwound strings, played with fingers, and run through the T-RackS Black 76 effect from SampleTank 3 today.

Why are we being shown useless screenshots of a VST, without AUDIO examples?

basslinemaster wrote:Why are we being shown useless screenshots of a VST, without AUDIO examples?
Beats me...

basslinemaster wrote:Why are we being shown useless screenshots of a VST, without AUDIO examples?
My thoughts exactly. Maybe nowadays people choose samplers only for the GUI and use them as screensavers. :lol:

why useless? my only concern is that they running out of pictures till release. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KTlin wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Maybe nowadays people choose samplers only for the GUI and use them as screensavers. :lol:
Other sample-players have scripting and performance features, stuff that makes them sound more natural. We've got pictures! Woot!

LimboLoves wrote:1. That dude playing the electric guitar has some weird faces when he plays. You might consider just showing pictures of the program and not his weird face. lol, he's skilled but it freaks me out that he's doing the guitar face.
you should see his cum-face. apparently the dude can't hold down a relationship :P
LimboLoves wrote:2. I will consider this when it comes on sale if it has a lot of different sounds. Last thing I wanna do is buy it and then spend money on packs like Nexus.
you mean you missed the shopping cart in the gui ?? :uhuhuh:

only ikmultimedia could answer years of delays, speculation and controversy by spamming a thread with countless, and mostly pointless (save for bumping the thread every few days :roll: ), promotional pics.

legend has it that peter managed to sell ice to the eskimos....true story :ud:

Return to “Instruments”