IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Ben [KVR] wrote:Right, let's stop this before I ban everyone.

This is a new IK ST3 thread. Your opinions have been heard in previous ones. Please don't post the same old stuff in this one.

If you don't wish to discuss ST3 but just want to bang on about the same old negative crap let me know and I'll ban you.
Ben i have learned my lesson... going forward... i know... i only need to make my point once... i said what i had to say... period...

actually... cant wait for the release ST 3!!!

you enjoy your day too... you have no worries here!!!

I can't wait either, for many reasons though... But we won't go down that road :) Anyway, we've posted another screenshot of a beautiful electric guitar from SampleTank 3 - a semi-hollowbody with a clean sound and chorus, bridge position pickup (plus apparently all 5 insert FX enabled) shown in this full GUI screenshot:
And I thought it was this one, but it was actually the first Strat shot that had a MW (Mod Wheel) articulation in the screenshot..

So how about showcasing some of the ethnic instruments too Peter?
(All it had was the gu zheng at the show as I remember)

BBFG# wrote:So how about showcasing some of the ethnic instruments too Peter?
(All it had was the gu zheng at the show as I remember)
We will definitely have some ethnic instruments to show at a later date. I've asked to get some specifically from that group sooner rather than later that would be OK to show and we'll see when I can get those in. Thanks.

For now, though, I had some more guitar-based screenshots already in the queue so... Here's a pedal steel guitar from SampleTank 3 with an amp we haven't seen loaded into one of the 5 FX inserts, and another articulation switching method (there was also one in the first Strat shot we posted) noted on the GUI (plus all the other stuff outside just the picture of the instrument itself as usual):

Love pedal steels, kind of consider them ethnic too.
Trying to set my own moratorium though and start ignoring every thread with IKM/ST3 in the title unless it's from IKM and it's an actual announcement of release.

Looking forward.

It's definitely weak sauce for a company rep to be what equates to simply advertising by posting a picture of a different guitar every day. I could understand it if it were real product information, but this is ridiculous.

i'm lost. the guitar have a nice reflect effect on the bottom but the pedal steel not and also no copyright info and most of all: why the knobs looks different?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I really like the layout on the ui here,simple,clean and bold.That was the last sentence on my school report too..
I am really looking forward to ST3 and if we are talking middle of the year,well my birthday is in June so I am edging towards a birfday prezzie from the missus now. :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

It's definitely weak sauce for a company rep to be what equates to simply advertising by posting a picture of a different guitar every day.
I couldn't agree more. This is akin to the protos manufacturers drag to a trade show encased in Plexiglas cases. If you look really close, you can see the hot glue holding the knobs on.

This whole thread is one giant c**k-tease. My advise to IK is what my grandfather used to tell me: "S**t or get off the pot."
On a number of Macs

Hopefully IK are willing to take things on board, because i for one have to say that the user interface is one of the worst designs i have seen in a very long time.
This type of design is not user friendly and has a feel of "my first plugin" to it, it will become very annoying very quickly.

I do assume however that it just being put into negative space that will be taken up by the editor when in edit mode, however that overblown picture of blah blah instrument could easily have been used for a browser twice the size (We all know how horrific ST2s browser ended up being)
Have to say at this point, extremely poor design that is already lagging behind other already available romplers (Note this is just a comment on the browser, that is all that has been posted)
Duh

This view is when you use the INFO button (to see information about the instrument/sound). Typically you'd see the 16 slots of sounds with information like pan, volume, level meter, etc instead of the large instrument rendering, macro "cheat sheet", and base information shown as you see here. Thank you for your input on the PLAY page in this state which we've been showing.

i am not sure if i could make a comment without being threatened to be "BANNED" or be "BANNED'... but here i go anyways...

the ST 3 gui reminds of the ST 2.5 gui... the fonts are larger the layout is basically the same i.e. no real learning curve... i am not sure how every user is going to use ST 3... it is still a rompler... bread and butter sounds... a tool to get your ideals up and running quickly... i am pretty sure you could do "some" sound design with it... but it is not built for that... it seems like you pull up a drum patch and lay down a track... you pull up a bass patch and lay down a track... etc, etc, etc... in my case... having a lappy, ST 3, mini keyboard controller, portable speakers (in ik multimedia's case the Loud but i own a Bose mini... a $100 cheaper)... it is the ideal on the road setup... i love kontakt... but dealing with kontakt on a 15 inch lappy is a pain in the butt sometimes... in my case... having a product that will provide the bread and butter sounds in one app is great for a musician on the move and wants to write some tunes (i think Reason 7 is also great for a musician on the move too)... plus... the CPU hit... on my main setup i run Omnisphere, Trillian, Stylus RMX, komplete ultimate 9, east/west composer's bundle and Halion Sonic... my lappy cant take that type of CPU hit... that is where ST 3 will shine in my opinion... having basically all my bread and butter sounds in one app without worrying about cpu hit... i cant imagine ST 3 using as much CPU cycles as Omniphere, Trillian, Stylus RMX, komplete ultimate 9, east/west composers bundle and Halion Sonic... another plus for ST 3 is no dongle... yes... i have Halion Sonic but it uses a dongle and my cubase, hypersonic 1/2, halion sonic, virtual guitar, etc are attached to that dongle... therefore if i lost it... it would be a hassle to get back up and running... for what it is... ST 3 looks to be a pretty nice product to own...

in this post i addressed the product and the product only... but my overall views are still the same... go to the closed ik multimedia/ST 3 threads for my overall views... but as for the product itself... you cant knock it... a rompler with bread and butter sounds, no dongle, simple interface, etc, etc, etc!!!

That sounded reasonable to me, I do hope it fits the bill for many here and I think it will.

On the screenshot front: Yes, we've got another electric guitar for you, with the Modern Tube Lead amp, neck pickup, and 5 insert FX enabled. SampleTank 3 has quite an extensive set of sounds, so far you've mainly seen the electric guitars, and with these major instruments and many variations on each plus all of the available effects (including the great amps from AmpliTube and units like Black 76 and others from T-RackS) will provide a huge amount of sonic quality and variety for your music.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This view is when you use the INFO button (to see information about the instrument/sound). Typically you'd see the 16 slots of sounds with information like pan, volume, level meter, etc instead of the large instrument rendering, macro "cheat sheet", and base information shown as you see here. Thank you for your input on the PLAY page in this state which we've been showing.
Since there is no browse button that we can see in these screen shots, are we to infer that there is no full screen browser mode then ?
This would seem like a poor design choice on something that has been coded from the ground up.
A plugin that is based on it's presets, much more so than it's synthesis capabilities that does not take advantage of a full screen browser, just seems like lack of forethought.

As we are just guessing at this point, i must add that if you then have a full screen shop window, and no full screen browser for already purchased sets, well i think that will come across very very badly (Sales being more important than usage) as i said just a guess at this point because the screen shots you are posting are pretty much exactly the same as each other.
Duh

Return to “Instruments”