IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

topaz wrote:This is my major gripe, I'm still totally stumped why ik have not fixed this already. I want full exposed host automation but this is the next best thing, will we see it implemented soon ?

Hmmmm.
Teksonik wrote: What really needs to happen is the Macro knobs need to be opened up so we can use them as we see fit.......I'll post this at the IK forums in the ST3 feature ......
Thank you, Teksonik, for the suggestion and for your question, topaz. The request had been passed to the Project Manager previously but I have not heard whether this is a feature that will be added - I will surely pass along any news if it is, though, of course.

RLSguitar - Some great suggestions, thanks for posting.

By the way, for those concerned about downloading the sound update, it is 47.8MB - sorry I didn't share that since it would have provided perspective to those that are glad they cancelled their order (I'm glad that you are glad too!) and those who would not have the sound library update in their IK User Area to download.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We are working on the demo issue to get that out to you ASAP but we have released the first sound library update into your IK User Area so please go download that when you can.

What should we look for to know that the content has been updated... I don't know if my update was successful after running the updater. :?:

Edit... Well after 15 minutes wait for the refresh... :scared:

Last edited by Rajah on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted this yesterday and it disappeared - no big deal but I'm reposting the question.

I can only get LFO 1 to work if it is controlled by velocity. With velocity -> LFO1 on neutral, LFO 1 has no effect on anything I apply it to. This doesn't seem logical. Am I overlooking something obvious here? Any ideas? Thanks for any insights.

Edit: NEVER MIND! How embarrassing. My brain must have been running with the -bozo option set when I was first playing around with LFO 1. LFO 1 works just fine. Move along folks ... nothing to see here.
Last edited by dmbaer on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great list.

But it also troubles me why we the users have to make special feature requests for stuff that should just be standard.

That either means we know more than the designers or the developers simply cut corners, or thought these things where not important.

Whatever way you look at its a big thumbs up for having an experienced group of testers/designers.

RLSguitar wrote:IKM ST3 Feature Requests/Enhancements

Note: This is a cross-post of my post in the IKM Forum here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... 292#p47292

I would like to add my vote to the following ST3 feature requests/enhancements (in no particular order):
  1. User-assignable/programmable macros that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  2. User-assignable/programmable keyswitches that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  3. User-assignable/programmable MIDI patterns that can be saved with sound patch or multi.
  4. Navigate sound lists with arrow keys in addition to mouse wheel.
  5. Enhanced, table-style preset browser to include user-assignable favorites, ratings, tags, and other characteristics in sortable columns and with search function (for example, see Camel Audio's Alchemy and Arturia's Analog Lab preset browsers).
  6. User-customizable Info page with description field and image import.
  7. Resizable/responsive GUI to screen resolution.
  8. Soundfont/WAV sample import with option to save/convert to ST3 format and customize Info page.
  9. Marketplace for users to share for free and sell their custom ST3 sounds and multis.
Let me know if you agree with these. Thanks!

My experience with the sound update was less than stellar. I unzipped the download folder and then unzipped the windows version. I ran it and I was told that the update failed. No other reason given. So, I go to delete it and I'm told that some of the file names are too long.

I moved the Windows updater folder onto the Desktop to reduce the file name length. Ran the updater as administrator to be extra sure. I selected the correct folder. Before continuing the update, I was told that I was missing a Marktree folder and to insert it. Where? I have no idea. What's it talking about? Beats me. I canceled the update. I opened Sampletank to search for Marktree which in Sonar X3 is like brain surgery because the keyboard commands go to the DAW and not the plugin (even with the keyboard icon depressed). I see the listing for Marktree. I try to load it and I'm told that the instrument is missing in the Synth Pads category. So, I add a Marktree folder to that directory and run the updater again. This time it actually completes, but in the process, it deletes the folder it had asked me to add and the Marktree it added was (as one would expect) put in the percussion category.

I should've just copied over and replaced.

EDIT: In defense of Sonar X3, it appears that the keyboard icon *sometimes* works and puts all keystrokes to the plugin. It did not when I tried it earlier.
Last edited by jsp1979 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We are working on the demo issue to get that out to you ASAP but we have released the first sound library update into your IK User Area so please go download that when you can.

The .zip file is calling for a password here. I tried my ST3 serial number but no luck. Am I missing something ?

Also what is contained in the update ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The big update is to the vocal category. A few random ones in the other categories.

Many of the patterns are updated, but I don't know why.

Thanks. Did you need to enter a password ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Thanks. Did you need to enter a password ?
Nope. It unzipped with no problem. I use 7zip.

(and I'm on Windows 8.1, 64-bit)

jsp1979 wrote:My experience with the sound update was less than stellar. I unzipped the download folder and then unzipped the windows version. I ran it and I was told that the update failed. No other reason given. So, I go to delete it and I'm told that some of the file names are too long.
Same problems here - Windows 7 64-bit.
No password needed.

Maybe I'll just drag the files across too (presuming that the Installer isn't doing anything-else.)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes it unzipped just fine on my Win 7 studio computer which is where ST3 is installed. I was trying to unzip on this computer just to see if there was a "what's new" text file...............

Anyway on that Win 7 computer I get:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Every one of the Loop files generates the same error............Come on IK..........TEST..........:bang:

Ok got it.....drag the last nested zip file out of all the other folders then it will unzip.

Return to “Instruments”