VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Great
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Hangman85 wrote:Verrrry close to purchasing but still have a few questions:

Any sign of that screenshot or video of the likes of Philharmonik being used in Sampletank 3?

Is there a full list of instruments in ST3 available yet?

How much of the strings on ST3 come from Miroslav?
We've posted some screenshots of the process here: <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.facebook.com/ikmultimedia/p ... 0147</span>

There is not a full list of instruments published yet, and the strings in ST3 have 17 string instruments from Miroslav Philharmonik and 152 samples sets.
Great! Thanks a lot.

You're welcome!

Since we were talking about strings, here are some cellos with keyswitching from SampleTank 3:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3 ... t3-strings

They sound like touched up Miroslav strings. Not at all a bad thing. Anything that sounds "like Roland, but better" is good in my book.

Hard to tell what digital sorcery you guys are working on those demos, though, at least on the speakers I'm on.

If that's raw - bravo. Worth every penny. Perfect attack transients.

Are the cellos newly sampled?

bill45 wrote:Are the cellos newly sampled?
Those are from Miroslav but they are reworked to take advantage of keyswitching, etc in SampleTank 3.

Those are from Miroslav but they are reworked to take advantage of keyswitching, etc in SampleTank 3.
Meaning remastered?

Numanoid wrote:
Meaning remastered?
This is the information I was given: Miroslav strings are re-programmed and optimized for SampleTank 3. However, the advantage to using the Miro library in ST3 is that we have extensive articulations for the various instruments that let us take advantage of ST3's articulation switching system.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This is the information I was given: Miroslav strings are re-programmed.
How do one re-programme samples?

The Samples are only the plain core. Like with Kontakt or other Samplers old Samples can benefit from an Update. Be it smarter Keyswitching, better FX or Filters, better Round-Robin and so on.
Sometimes of course they have to sample additional stuff adding to the old content.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:The Samples are only the plain core. Like with Kontakt or other Samplers old Samples can benefit from an Update. Be it smarter Keyswitching, better FX or Filters, better Round-Robin and so on.
Sometimes of course they have to sample additional stuff adding to the old content.
Yup, you got it.

Better presets and maybe the core samples were cleaned up. That's what it sounds like to me.

Like how Edirol took dirty Roland samples and cleaned them up superbly. Made them extremely usable. I imagine ST3 is the 8850 upgrade to ST2's 88 Pro.

Cool to know that I was right about it being Miroslav, too. That makes me interested.

SampleTank and Roland are pretty much in direct competition because they both use Miroslav, but SampleTank has pulled out marginally ahead in the last decade or so.

I'm hoping ST3 utterly trounces Roland and leaves no debate as to which one is better. ST3 versus the SD-50 is what it comes down to for me.

The winner is whichever one sounds and mixes cleaner without effects. ST2's sounds mixing like oil and water was my one and only problem with the thing.

Is there any new orchestral stuff in ST3? Hey, If all the orchestral stuff is from Miroslav and sounds as good as the above sampled Cellos
I'll be happy. The cellos semm to sound better than the thee ones in Miroslav.

Hello! Read the information in this topic. Already bought a preliminary update. There is only one question: is it possible to import external samples in ST3? It is a full sampler or all the same rompler oriented library IK Multimedia?

hibidy wrote:The pianos sound great to me. I have little to no use for quite a bit of it though. I don't want to be an early adapter and go through the growing pains (which ALL new software has) I don't think. Maybe. It's a relatively fair price.
Folks like you and I live for these "growing pains" :hihi:

bill45 wrote:Is there any new orchestral stuff in ST3? Hey, If all the orchestral stuff is from Miroslav and sounds as good as the above sampled Cellos
I'll be happy. The cellos semm to sound better than the thee ones in Miroslav.
Much of the orchestral (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass categories) is reprogrammed from Miroslav plus we do include the whole SampleTank 2.5 XL library so there are orchestral sounds there, plus other samples as noted here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... k-3-sounds

Dmitry Petrenko wrote:Hello! Read the information in this topic. Already bought a preliminary update. There is only one question: is it possible to import external samples in ST3? It is a full sampler or all the same rompler oriented library IK Multimedia?
You can build your own instruments, and that is done first through the Import feature. Then the generated instrument can be edited on the EDIT page the same as the factory content. While "rompler" or "workstation" is a good initial descriptions, SampleTank is a VI with extensive editing capabilities so it may fit with your needs and somewhere between a these and an all-out sampler. You can read more information about the Edit section here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... ank-3-edit

Return to “Instruments”