IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

erm... OK, so my ST sounds folder is like, i dunno, 30-40 GB? ST2.5 XL, full Miroslav, SampleTron, a bunch of Sonic Reality stuff plus all of the Xpansion tanks. so, if ST3's 30GB library includes ST2.5 and Miroslav libraries... what is the *actual* amount of new sounds there?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:erm... OK, so my ST sounds folder is like, i dunno, 30-40 GB? ST2.5, full Miroslav, SampleTron, plus all of the Xpansion tanks. so, if ST3's 30GB library includes ST2.5 and Miroslav libraries... what is the *actual* amount of new sounds there?
There are only some of the Miroslav sounds. So it would be a vast majority of the library, around 25GB (over 4,000 new instruments).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Dmitry Petrenko wrote:Hello! Read the information in this topic. Already bought a preliminary update. There is only one question: is it possible to import external samples in ST3? It is a full sampler or all the same rompler oriented library IK Multimedia?
You can build your own instruments, and that is done first through the Import feature. Then the generated instrument can be edited on the EDIT page the same as the factory content. While "rompler" or "workstation" is a good initial descriptions, SampleTank is a VI with extensive editing capabilities so it may fit with your needs and somewhere between a these and an all-out sampler. You can read more information about the Edit section here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... ank-3-edit
When you say "you can build your own instruments," are you talking about building them using the included content (or other IK addon content), or are saying that we can import our own samples and tweak and save them using ST3's onboard tools?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

blueman wrote:
hibidy wrote:The pianos sound great to me. I have little to no use for quite a bit of it though. I don't want to be an early adapter and go through the growing pains (which ALL new software has) I don't think. Maybe. It's a relatively fair price.
Folks like you and I live for these "growing pains" :hihi:
;)

I think though that I'll just wait and if all goes well, I'll jump on one of these sales. The only thing is those pianos sounded rather nice to me and I'm currently not very happy with kontakts pianos. But then again I'm a "plinker" when it comes to keys and don't need a ton of piano :shrug:

BERFAB wrote:
Dmitry Petrenko wrote:Hello! Read the information in this topic. Already bought a preliminary update. There is only one question: is it possible to import external samples in ST3? It is a full sampler or all the same rompler oriented library IK Multimedia?
You can build your own instruments, and that is done first through the Import feature. Then the generated instrument can be edited on the EDIT page the same as the factory content. While "rompler" or "workstation" is a good initial descriptions, SampleTank is a VI with extensive editing capabilities so it may fit with your needs and somewhere between a these and an all-out sampler. You can read more information about the Edit section here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... ank-3-edit
When you say "you can build your own instruments," are you talking about building them using the included content (or other IK addon content), or are saying that we can import our own samples and tweak and save them using ST3's onboard tools?
You can import your own samples. Emphasis added above and hopefully clarified that means both your own and legacy ST2 instruments.

BERFAB wrote:
You can import your own samples. Emphasis added above and hopefully clarified that means both your own and legacy ST2 instruments.
Consider it clarified. Which makes it a full sampler. Good to know.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:Which makes it a full sampler. Good to know.
Can it sample? It's always seemed odd to me that we don't have a problem calling things that don't actually sample ... samplers ... as that is the one thing they don't do. Welcome to pedantic Monday! :party:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Can it sample? It's always seemed odd to me that we don't have a problem calling things that don't actually sample ... samplers ... as that is the one thing they don't do. Welcome to pedantic Monday! :party:
Well, by that definition, most soft-samplers do NOT sample. They rely on their host DAWs to do that heavy lifting.

-B
Berfab

As you said, 'most'... but not all, therefore, the differentiation must be made to know what each does or doesn't do.

Perhaps we need another term like 'sampipulator'? ;)

And to set expectations properly please do review the Edit page (or would that be the Edit page page? anyway) to see what you will be able to do with your imported sounds: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... ank-3-edit

BERFAB wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Well, by that definition, most soft-samplers do NOT sample. They rely on their host DAWs to do that heavy lifting.

-B
No, by definition most soft-samplers SHOULD sample in order to be called samplers ... somehow we've accepted the bastardization of the term. Maybe RompleTank3!!

Anyhow, I'm discussing this is jest, although I actually think its ridiculous. It doesn't matter what I think, the change has been consumed by the community of drug addled, dorm room living, laptop wielding "Producers". Speaking of terms that have lost their meaning. :hyper:

SJ_Digriz wrote:No, by definition most soft-samplers SHOULD sample in order to be called samplers ... somehow we've accepted the bastardization of the term. Maybe RompleTank3!!

Anyhow, I'm discussing this is jest, although I actually think its ridiculous. It doesn't matter what I think, the change has been consumed by the community of drug addled, dorm room living, laptop wielding "Producers". Speaking of terms that have lost their meaning. :hyper:
Only that with ST3 you can use your own Samples..
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

SJ_Digriz wrote:Can it sample? It's always seemed odd to me that we don't have a problem calling things that don't actually sample ... samplers ... as that is the one thing they don't do.
By that you mean record audio in?

Being a Sampler, those that entail that it also must be able to add FX if needed when recording audio?

It just seems so obvious to me now that I grab any kind of audio I want with any kind of prog, and then load that WAV file in the plug, without thinking twice about that the plug actually must be able to capture that audio itself to be a sampler.

Numanoid wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Can it sample? It's always seemed odd to me that we don't have a problem calling things that don't actually sample ... samplers ... as that is the one thing they don't do.
By that you mean record audio in?

Being a Sampler, those that entail that it also must be able to add FX if needed when recording audio?
A good and real sampler doesn't need effects since you can manipulate the samples in a way that creates them.

But at it's most simple basis, a Sampler samples without the need for something else to do that for it.

valerian_777 wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:No, by definition most soft-samplers SHOULD sample in order to be called samplers ... somehow we've accepted the bastardization of the term. Maybe RompleTank3!!

Only that with ST3 you can use your own Samples..
But you can't SAMPLE ... a sampler is the thing you use to make your own samples, not the thing you use after you've created your own samples.

... Remember, don't take this all to seriously, it's just that there is no American Football (real football, that actual athletes play), basketball is over, no local tours rolling, only suck ass movies at the theaters, TV is in summary hiatus, I'm waiting on some stems to work on and because of that, I have enough free time to annoy peoples on the intertubes.

Return to “Instruments”