IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Looking at that last screenshot:

(a) this instrument is loaded in Part 1, on MIDI channel 01?
(b) are the 5 illuminated LEDs for the 5 FX applied to that instrument?
(c) will it be possible to see what 5 FX are loaded, in order, other that selecting them one by one?
(d) will it be possible to see the controls for all 5 FX (similar to the T-RackS FX rack?)
(e) what does it look like if you click that [Macro] button on the right?
(f) some instruments are labelled as Copyright IK Multimedia, others aren't; why would that be?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It's "other THAN", not "other that" - why do Americans keep writing 'that' or 'then' instead of 'other than'?

basslinemaster wrote:It's "other THAN", not "other that" - why do Americans keep writing 'that' or 'then' instead of 'other than'?
It looks like a typo.

You must be fun at parties.

DarkStar wrote: (a) this instrument is loaded in Part 1, on MIDI channel 01?
(b) are the 5 illuminated LEDs for the 5 FX applied to that instrument?
(c) will it be possible to see what 5 FX are loaded, in order, other that selecting them one by one?
(d) will it be possible to see the controls for all 5 FX (similar to the T-RackS FX rack?)
(e) what does it look like if you click that [Macro] button on the right?
(f) some instruments are labelled as Copyright IK Multimedia, others aren't; why would that be?
a) Yes

b) Yes

c) Yes, in the mixer

d) No

e) You will see the 8 new macros in that "strip" (which we'll show in another screenshot)

f) Thanks for noticing, that is missing but will be in the final version since all the new SampleTank 3 instruments will be from IK and are created in-house but we will be expanding the ability to create sound libraries to 3rd parties as with SampleTank 2.

Peter, thank you.

Yes, it was a typo.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Peter, thank you.

Yes, it was a typo.
I'm also thinking the Surry, UK info in your avatar probably means you aren't American. :D

These screenshots aren't very exciting......to someone who plays guitar........ :shrug:

Show us something else please.....Choirs....Synths.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

We do have a lot of guitars (this doesn't touch much at all on the variations on each, even) but this should be the last for now... Here's another beautiful guitar, with neck position humbucker selected, from SampleTank 3 with the Jazz Amp 120 loaded up with a touch of distortion:

^^^^
I think that it would be useful to see which of these 3 loaded FX is the one whose controls are displayed. Perhaps highlight one of the 5 switches?

Also, can I add that Amp FX to another instrument?

Going back to the "Single Coil STR2 Neck 2" the big [FX] button is clicked to show the 8 controls. Those controls have the same names as the list of 8 macro names. So are they in fact the Macro controls or are those 8 knobs the ones assigned to the Macro controls? If the latter, can the assignments be changed / added (one thing I sorely missed in Sonik Synth 2).

Separate question - where will the Multis (previously known as Combis) be stored? Alongside the instruments (that is, in the sounds library) or in the program installation folder (as for ST2)? The former is infinitely preferable.
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspired by ...

Teksonik wrote:These screenshots aren't very exciting......to someone who plays guitar........ :shrug:

Show us something else please.....Choirs....Synths.....
The pretty pictures aren't very exciting anyway.
I'd much rather HEAR some demo sounds or WATCH a teaser video. :shrug:

EDIT: I was originally going to post "big frickin deal" to the fact that it had pretty pictures for all the instruments. But I decided to tone my response down a bit.

But really there is such a "meh" factor for me about the instrument images. I mean if I really wanted to look at instrument images, I would just do an image search on Google. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

theres a 3d render for every single instrument? (doesnt look like a photo) :o
kinda OTT, no wondering its taking so long.

I play guitar so I have no need for guitar samples let alone guitar images but I can see where all the images will quickly tell you what instrument is loaded and active.

I'd be much more interested in seeing a simple text list of all the instruments included in ST3.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I play guitar so I have no need for guitar samples let alone guitar images but I can see where all the images will quickly tell you what instrument is loaded and active.

I'd be much more interested in seeing a simple text list of all the instruments included in ST3.
That will come. As will more audio demos as requested.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I play guitar so I have no need for guitar samples let alone guitar images but I can see where all the images will quickly tell you what instrument is loaded and active.

That will come. As will more audio demos as requested.
I asked for such a list months ago so I won't hold my breath. I understand it's better for IK marketing if you trickle out information in order to bump ST3 threads every couple of days to keep it on the front page. No hard feelings, that's your job. But nothing that has been shown so far convinces me that I need...or even want....ST3's sample content. Quite to the contrary it's had the opposite effect of pushing me towards not buying ST3. More comprehensive information would be useful in deciding whether to keep an eye on ST3 or to simply move on all together. But I realize that's not the way IK rolls so it is what it is........ :shrug:

gamecat666 wrote:theres a 3d render for every single instrument? (doesnt look like a photo) :o
kinda OTT, no wondering its taking so long.
Yes, there are renders for each instrument but it really isn't delaying anything.

Return to “Instruments”