IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

neverenoughfunk wrote:waiting to hear back from the guy whose screen name begins with the "#" sign... i know he more than likely spent most of his time with demo trying to find bugs... i would love to hear his take on ST 3 since the demo has been available for about a week now...

:tu:
You must have missed this neverenoughfunk; from page 183:
BBFG# wrote:Downloaded and installed the free ST3.
Officially crashed and I have canceled my order from Sweetwater.
Thank you IKM for getting this to us in time for me to find out I should let this pass.

All the best success to you that it does work for.
:)
Too bad as it seemed he really wants IKM stuff to work for him. He sure has put in the effort when you look at all the threads where he reported what he has tried and the end results.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Isn't BBFG# the guy with the multi-multi-core pc? Not even able to use a simple plugin? :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

dsan@mail.com wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:waiting to hear back from the guy whose screen name begins with the "#" sign... i know he more than likely spent most of his time with demo trying to find bugs... i would love to hear his take on ST 3 since the demo has been available for about a week now...

You must have missed this neverenoughfunk; from page 183:
BBFG# wrote:Downloaded and installed the free ST3.
Officially crashed and I have canceled my order from Sweetwater.
Thank you IKM for getting this to us in time for me to find out I should let this pass.

All the best success to you that it does work for.
:)
Too bad as it seemed he really wants IKM stuff to work for him. He sure has put in the effort when you look at all the threads where he reported what he has tried and the end results.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
thanks for posting!!!

yes... he did seem to like ST 2 a lot and was looking forward to ST 3...

valerian_777 wrote:Isn't BBFG# the guy with the multi-multi-core pc? Not even able to use a simple plugin? :lol:
Yes. Dual 8-core xeons, iirc... Enough desktop power to run a small nation state.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

"not interested in reinstating my order... just pre-ordered Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 10 upgrade/update... there are 3 new pianos and they added Session Horns Pro, a few new synths, dedicated sample libraries and effects in that package!!! "

I can understand this option if it wasn't already released (I purchased the Ultimate 9 package because of the long delay in getting ST in 64 bit), but the price for a sampletank update is ridiculously low, seems a waste to throw a tool out just because it needs a new plug, a plug that comes with a pile more high end tools. Your loss.
I'd rather take a beating than paint.

kbaccki wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Isn't BBFG# the guy with the multi-multi-core pc? Not even able to use a simple plugin? :lol:
Yes. Dual 8-core xeons, iirc... Enough desktop power to run a small nation state.
You RC...
And it runs everything very smoothly; using multi-synths in DAW with multi-core support runs each core at far less than 1% (although the first core runs around 3-5% with an occasional spikes up to 15%).
{w/ 3-8% above that if there is a PACE product installed}

To date: the only 'simple' plugins not able to run have been
1. All 64/32 bit IK Multimedia (the 32 bit only run fine).
2. Notion 4.
3. HG Fortune's Tiger.
Presonus and HG Fortune acknowledge it is something in their code.
IK is the only company implying it's my system at fault.

What I am running without issue is:
Sonar X3e Producer et al; AAS complete; Aria/Garritan; Camel Audio complete; Geist; Izotope (x5); Korg LC et al; Komplete 9U/Maschine; Novation; Synthmaster; Tone2 (x4); Wusik (x3); XLN Audio (Keys & Drums); U-he (Zebra2HZ & demos). (And Pianoteq 5 demo, which is on my want list.)
Amongst others...
Chances are, I will be opting in for the K10U update also.

In the last few months I've assessed the time required in dealing with each and everyone of these products.
And found that while I believe everyone of them to be good products, that if a 'x' amount of time required to make them consistently work far exceeds the time I can use them in composition, than they are no longer worth using for me.
As someone pointed out, I've done my due diligence with these and IK does have a mostly attentive support team for those it mostly works for. I remember there seemed to be issues for MAC users concerning the 32 bit plugins awhile back where they seemed to also just throw in the towel though.

Out of all the companies I previously listed, there are three identified as 'time consumers' for my particular flow.
And I've adopted a NWTT (Not Worth The Time) in my inventories of production.
That includes spending anymore time in the threads concerning them in trying to garner more information.
I admit, seeing a post from 'N-E-Funk' enticed me enough to check it out once more.

As always, I think IK makes a great product for those it works for. I just no longer happen to be one of them.

parografik wrote:"not interested in reinstating my order... just pre-ordered Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 10 upgrade/update... there are 3 new pianos and they added Session Horns Pro, a few new synths, dedicated sample libraries and effects in that package!!! "

I can understand this option if it wasn't already released (I purchased the Ultimate 9 package because of the long delay in getting ST in 64 bit), but the price for a sampletank update is ridiculously low, seems a waste to throw a tool out just because it needs a new plug, a plug that comes with a pile more high end tools. Your loss.
i did not know we were playing a game... are you the "winner"?

not sure how i would be throwing a tool out when i purchased ST 2 back in 2004? i feel i got my monies worth out of the product... therefore... not sure what you talking about...

The upgrade price is awesome to move from 32 to 64 bit, which for most of us became unusable once we switched to a computer that wasn't 5 years old. That's what you are losing out on in this contest/race/fight to the death/poker game/cockfight/sparring match/chariot race/roller derby/criminal prosecution/arms race/space race, etc.

You lose the ability to use something, and continue to get value from your original investment for an amount that is really unbeatable (in this contest of the ages). That is a loss in my book. Sorry to have confused you. I think the difference in the update price for much less from NI is a no-brainer. The drummer looks very cool (I hold out hope for the Logic Drummers to move forward as well), but I'll believe the pianos when I play them, and if you use the horns a lot, then I can see your point. I've spent a lot on pianos, including all the NI offerings prior to 10, and that is a tough nut to crack. I haven't splurged for Ivory yet, but I have almost all the others, and the piano upgrade that really surprised me was Pianoteq 4 to 5, which went from unplayable to something credible. I end up discarding the Kontakt pianos except for Alicia Keys, which occasionally will fit the mix well.

Btw, Presonus Notion4/5 and HG Fortune are still on my lists to keep an eye on.
The 'three identified time consumers' - NWTT, I spoke of does not include them at this point.

parografik wrote:The upgrade price is awesome to move from 32 to 64 bit, which for most of us became unusable once we switched to a computer that wasn't 5 years old. That's what you are losing out on in this contest/race/fight to the death/poker game/cockfight/sparring match/chariot race/roller derby/criminal prosecution/arms race/space race, etc.
but for $15... i.e. jbridge... i was able to move from 32 to 64 bit "years" ago... again... not sure what you are talking about... personally... i do not feel i am loosing out on anything... but if you are setting the "rules"... i guess i am loosing...

You lose the ability to use something, and continue to get value from your original investment for an amount that is really unbeatable (in this contest of the ages). That is a loss in my book. Sorry to have confused you. I think the difference in the update price for much less from NI is a no-brainer.
if appears that you are hung up on price... i did pre-order ST 3... but canceled my order and got Reason 7 with the "free" update to Reason 8 (which was $30 more than the ST 3 update)... in my opinion... Reason is a better investment than ST 3... but your mileage may vary... i personally love NI... i own their products since Reaktor had a dongle... remember that? they were distributed by Steinberg at the time... therefore... i enjoy my relationship with NI...
The drummer looks very cool (I hold out hope for the Logic Drummers to move forward as well), but I'll believe the pianos when I play them, and if you use the horns a lot, then I can see your point. I've spent a lot on pianos, including all the NI offerings prior to 10, and that is a tough nut to crack. I haven't splurged for Ivory yet, but I have almost all the others, and the piano upgrade that really surprised me was Pianoteq 4 to 5, which went from unplayable to something credible. I end up discarding the Kontakt pianos except for Alicia Keys, which occasionally will fit the mix well.
my main vst(s) are Native Instruments K9U (pre-ordered K10U)/a ton of kontakt powered libraries, specstrasonics trillian, stylus rmx and omnisphere, east/west composer bundle with a few sample libraries and my rompler of choice is Steingberg Halion Sonic 2... my piano(s) of choice is east/west gold piano(s)... as for horns... i have mojo horns but it appears that Session Horns Pro have more articulations... i also have Heavyocity DM 307 and Aeon melodic/rhythm (plus the Heavyocity products that comes with K9U)... and Action Strikes, Kinetic Metal, Rise & Hit would be a nice addition to that collection... i am looking forward to Discovery Series: Cuba also... i current use Stylus RMX for my percussion parts and could use an upgrade there...

in conclusion... you cant knock ST 3... update price or no update price... but there are some of use where there is no need for it... i wanted to use it as a scratch pad tool on a lappy... because of it not having a "dongle"... but i am going to use Reason 7/8 instead for my scratch pad tool...

p.s. hope you get years of use out of ST 3...

Enjoy!!!

Speaking of the piano in SampleTank Free (I think we were somewhere along the way here at some semi-recent point), a user has posted this audio demo using this piano:

https://soundcloud.com/ngserdna/samplet ... st-debussy

You can try the piano out yourself by getting SampleTank 3 Free at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3free

Well, it looks as if you've won, lol. I withdraw from the race.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Integratron wrote: They've already sent two emails and it's a holiday!!
It's Labor Day in Italy ? :hihi:
U.S. users get support from our U.S. office (though I take it you already know that from the emoticon :) )
Sorry... don't want to hijack the thread... we were referring to Waves.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Integratron wrote: They've already sent two emails and it's a holiday!!
It's Labor Day in Italy ? :hihi:
U.S. users get support from our U.S. office (though I take it you already know that from the emoticon :) )
Sorry... don't want to hijack the thread... we were referring to Waves.
Now I'm really confused. They aren't in Italy :)

Return to “Instruments”