IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

That said, we also have 8 videos now in the tutorial series. The 8th covers importing user samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwCex0nWqY

My wife has the only 64 bitter on the block, so I installed the free version.
A stock 2012 Vista HP dual-core laptop. The piano eq was easy to adjust,
without leaving the big knobs opening gui, and was quite playable.
An Accoustic guitar as nice as the one in Independence Free, from
CM dvds, would be a great second instrument!
Cheers

This week’s sound: Today? :)

The people who cancelled their pre-order or sold ST3 are just trolling at this point. You don't own the product so there is no reason to continue to monitor and participate in the thread.

Just an observation.
:)

Lee702 wrote:This week’s sound: Today? :)
I'm curious about the process. A guitar would be super nice.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5862304

jrides wrote:The people who cancelled their pre-order or sold ST3 are just trolling at this point. You don't own the product so there is no reason to continue to monitor and participate in the thread.

Just an observation.
Dear KVR Gestapo:

Not sure how to interpret the smiley, so I'll defer to your first paragraph, which seems to be mostly unambiguous. A selection of observations of my own:

1.) while the thread has dragged on (as IK threads tend to do), I don't see any "trolling". Or perhaps your definition of "trolling" is overly strict. Or maybe you're just a very sensitive person, not sure. Other than some early obvious ranting (which, contrary to proper trolling, often facilitates meaningful debate and discussion), and a selection of witty remarks, I don't see any "trolling", per se.

2.) Any and all KVR members have direct conduit to an actual IK representative via this thread, and as such it should be expected to be used as such for all legitimate purposes -- especially fir those that felt compelled to cancel and order, are frustrated, whatever. Life sucks most of the time, and KVR threads should be appropriately grounded in reality (as they so often are). Also, see item #3 below.

3.) We need fewer IK marathon threads, not more. Let's keep all relevant ST3 ongoing discussion in one place. Imagine this one thread split into 4 or 5 distinct 40-50 page threads, all a running cmentary on ST3 news, reviews, etc. Do you want that? I don't.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

The trolls now have an attorney. :ud:

Lee702 wrote:The trolls now have an attorney. :ud:
There's that "t" word again. Yet I don't see anybody backing up their claims.

If somebody feels that Internet Trolls are ruining your IK love fest, please, by all means, report TOS violations to KVR moderators. In the meantime, the adults will carry on meaningful conversation. Feel free to join in, rather than pop in every hundred pages or so to throw around some meta terminology you saw somebody use once in another forum.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Ok... Seeing that the dust have settled and the thread does not generate as much postings as before...
I finally found this old IK Multimedia video that stuck with me...

Ok Peter, let the show begin... It's time to roll out those sample libraries .. WE WANT THE KEY-SWITCHING BASS.... now. :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGc5fluonNc

We've rolled out the next sounds for SampleTank 3 Free in your IK User Area today. It is a set of sounds for your rhythm section needs.

jrides wrote:The people who cancelled their pre-order or sold ST3 are just trolling at this point. You don't own the product so there is no reason to continue to monitor and participate in the thread.

Just an observation.
There is a famous website, where sometimes one must like something
to gain deeper access. I prefer kvr, where owning, selling, liking,
and disliking, can coexist without formalities.

Pondering rational criticism, is usually good luck.
Sometimes negative opinions include some low-hanging fruit,
for those willing to pick it. Competition will drive IK to improve
it's products, and negative feedback, can offer good suggestions
what to improve first.

If I didn't monitor and participate in topics where I have no ownership rights,
I'd be far stupider than I currently am. :(
Cheers

I for one have plenty of overall IK criticism. Especially with the ST3 roll out (30 gigs of #$*& with little keyswitching. It's unlikely I will ever buy another ST library. This is just 64 bit Tron / Philharmonik upgrade).

However I only have so much energy to devote to ranting about my new / better tools. I am hoping to find info on bug fixes, workarounds, and library updates. :)

If you think IK is trying to compete with Komplete....you are nuts. Closed architecture, non user editable macros, no 3rd party libs other than esounds, no tags, factory library (see above), the list goes on and on. They are clearly only trying to compete with Cakewalk Dimension Pro and ST 2.5. I'd bet hard cash that competing with Komplete, isn't even in their Long Term goals, or wish list. If i had to make a poor guess, they are probably in a good positionin to be bought by a DAW parent company so ST can be included with said DAW. (...ala Yellow Tools)

That doesn't help users with ST3 though.
:D

Was it somebody else mentioned Komplete :?
To me, the strength of Sampletank was the simple layering,
and effects chain, and the weakness was the tiny gui elements.
I expected the gui to improve a lot, have some new sounds added,
and the move to 64 bit. Hopefully the innards are coded such
that new features won't require a new infrastructure.
They have improved on Amplitube and T-Racks, while adding
several ios apps, so I expect Sampletank 3 to follow suit.
Perhaps not at breakneck speed, but speed is never fast enough.
Cheers

Ive been using Sample Tank 3 and i will highlight some things that really do annoy:

1. CPU Use - it does take a hit...(maybe add a quality settings?)
2. Please for god sake add FAVORITES tagging :)
3. Please add global setting to turn off Zones. Its already crazy that the zones are not showed by default because most of instruments dont even have a full scale in keyboard :?
4. Slow page switching, it is really slow, when you switch to other page you have to wait for a second or half. The instrument just feels so heavy.
5. Drag and drop. Please do....
6. Check again the presets and re-edit theyr settings. Some of the patches, especialy the real world ones like choir, strings ect does sound quite bad when playing out of the box and requires some editing.
7. Knobs and faders feel way too sensitive. Lets say i want to edit the Amp envelopes, i need to make a tiny release edit from 500 ms to lets say 1 second, but you end up on 3 or 5 or more seconds :?

These are the things that are just hard to live with when im using the instrument for longer.

Now some improvements:

1. Please improve browser, preferebly a bigger page with more filters (like in NI Massive, Camel Audio Alchemy).
2. Add Taiko Rolls library to make a more complete package (no one adds them by default and now its on roll in trailers ect)
3. Integrated midi/arpegiator/sequence editor instead of just having ability to playback midi.

kbaccki wrote:
There's that "t" word again.
It's totally overused and rarely used in the context of what it means.

It's a forum, people are going to have differing opinions. Sort out what works for you and ignore the rest. Usually, it refers to someone that has a difference of opinion.

IK threads are a bit unique because most of the stuff they make is great, but there are some overtones that could use the word either way. Worrying about it isn't productive either way...not a "troll" just saying it's probably ok either side of the fence you are on and not really "trolling"

Return to “Instruments”