IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

9th video tutorial posted a couple of hours ago on YouTube. (Filters)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYB1MscrO4Q

When is the BETA Over?

Faulting application name: SampleTank 3.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53cd433b
Faulting module name: SampleTank 3.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53cd433b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001c0c83
Faulting process id: 0x10f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfca4fa6dddafa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.exe
Report Id: e55d0ad9-3642-11e4-af00-e4115b29964e

raintalk wrote:When is the BETA Over?

Faulting application name: SampleTank 3.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53cd433b
Faulting module name: SampleTank 3.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53cd433b
Faulting process id: 0x10f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfca4fa6dddafa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\SampleTank 3.exe
Report Id: e55d0ad9-3642-11e4-af00-e4115b29964e

I've got the same problem with the free version. The app never starts.

Faulting process id: 0xb2c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfca93a823a970
Report Id: e6b40fb5-3686-11e4-922e-002522e0aa9d

I see I'm not alone:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=419756

Glad I never paid any money for this. Uninstalled and I'll continue to use 2.5 with J-Bridge.

Given that IK is very cost conscious, is it not an unnecessary expense to put the free version in the user's area of those who've bought the full edition?

As well, I wonder if I'd be better off with the full Kontakt 5? I am thinking of getting it because I can get it for a crossgrade price.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Any issues can be reported to support and they'll help you get it running if you are having issues: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Edit - Note that I did also report this directly but if you haven't, it would be good to work with them directly too.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bombadil wrote:Given that IK is very cost conscious, is it not an unnecessary expense to put the free version in the user's area of those who've bought the full edition?
It is automated, of course, and is the same as T-RackS and AmpliTube free versions that are part of any IK account. Doesn't cost us a thing, in fact it is pretty much reusing the same type of functionality/code used to do so for the other products I mentioned.

Is there a possibility to make imported insrtuments have theyr content in the browser directly instead of going to Imported instruments category ? :)

I have Miroslav Philharmonik content and would like to see it instantly when i look in to the library. Moving content from Imported instruments folder and rescaning doesnt help :)

I've just tried it - moving the Imported Instruments files ONLY, not the Imported Samples. Then rebuilding the Instrument database.

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/qPz08CJ.png

I do not know if there are any are disadvantages / future problems
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks, works ;)

Glad that works, I don't see long-term issues unless you re-import the same library but then you'd just repeat the move and be OK. I may still run this by someone to verify that, though I can't see how it would be detrimental.

I'd really appreciate a verification on this as soon as possible Peter. I bought ST3 under the express understanding that ST2 and 3 sounds, after the 2s were imported, could be moved around and re-indexed at will (as could be done with ST2). Not thrilled that we're still working through this issue at this late date--but a verification will make me happy :)

LAGinz wrote:I'd really appreciate a verification on this as soon as possible Peter. I bought ST3 under the express understanding that ST2 and 3 sounds, after the 2s were imported, could be moved around and re-indexed at will (as could be done with ST2). Not thrilled that we're still working through this issue at this late date--but a verification will make me happy :)
We're not really working anything out - the only thing that could be affected by any moving of files would be future sound update installers which do not apply to your imported libraries. Also, even those sound updates you'd know you had customized the structure and can simply drag over the files. Thanks.

If it helps anyone - I have converted the Anomaly for Alchemy soundset to ST2 using ESC, then imported those sounds into ST3.

I then moved the .pak files from the Imported Samples folder to Samples, and the .st3i files from Imported Instruments to Instruments and the re-scanned.

ST3 found all of the files with no problems.

The only problem that might exist are any Multis. I did not make any Multis until after I had moved and re-scanned the files, so the Multis I have made have the correct path for the samples.

However, there were a few that I ditched that were made before which then had an incorrect path, but the Multi files can be opened in a text editor and the correct path for the samples then set.

I did not import any Multis from ST2, so I have no idea what happens with that. But as the ST3 Multis can be edited in a text editor, you can easily fix any path errors....

Thanks for the info and the sounds, dnekm

Return to “Instruments”