IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
3. The decision to not have a free version at release is because first SampleTank 3 new features and the entirely new sound set are closely connected (it will make more sense upon release and seeing the features and sounds working together in the new engine), plus there are a lot of new features which we have spent time and money to develop.

this makes absolutely no difference to users like myself who have no intention of buying a behemouth library just to use as a wrapper for a couple of libraries

clearly you understand that there are many in such a situation, and you are holding out to grab as many of those who will just say 'what the heck" and buy it anyway. everyone else gets just enough lip service and vagueness, in an almost "we aren't even sure whether there will be a free version yet" kinda way.

the last sentence about all the time and money to develop infers that you aren't really about to give freebies until you start making back on your investment, which would be normal for any business were it not for the fact that many of us who bought the products that helped you to become such a high profile company over the years now feel they are getting stiffed, and being held over a barrel to shell out more money just to use the same instruments they have already paid for

To which Peter replied:
This is the same stuff that Ben told us was debated over and over again in the other threads, so you can reference our forum or those threads as I won't respond any more about this beyond repeating for the last time: The software you purchased (and by your statement have had years of use which should be more than a good recoup of investment in either real currency or musical output/satisfaction) does exactly what it states it would do, and it is stated it is 32-bit plus there is a free version and have been demo versions throughout for anybody to assess whether it will work on their system. Those not interested in SampleTank 3 have bit bridging available to them as an option. Again, it is all hashed out in the other locked threads that you can find and on our forum. We also have multiple methods of contact available to you if you'd like to speak to IK directly about your issues with any of this. Thank you.
In other words, everything el-bo said was true, and Peter couldn't deny it... LOL. How patronising of him to tell us that we bought 32 bit software and there was no promise of a free 64 bit upgrade... If I can get ST 2.5 to work fine in FL Studio 12 I have no interest in ST3, but so far I have experienced error messages when using ST 2.5 in FL Studio 12, and I can't rely on it at the moment.
If they brought out an ST3 player for £30, with a £10 discount for current ST 2.5 owners, they would sell hundreds, if not thousands, and it would take them virtually no effort to produce the player - after all, all they have to do is NOT include the samples. Is that difficult?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: nothing in the ik thread i quoted from is a real reason for not offering a 'free' version, to be used as a wrapper, upon release, and as a sign of good faith for all those who have supported you before now. it is about your bottom line only. is sampletank 3 that unworrthy as a product that a free version will cut away at so much of your profit ??

anyway, sorry to derail your promotional drive (ooooh, look at those organs :roll: )

thanks
That sums up the whole thing in a nutshell... ST 3 IS so unworthy a product, so they can't let us have a free version...

Are you having a nice conversation with yourself? You've already been shown this, but if you feel you know how to run IK you are welcome to apply: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs

However, your show of (or lack of) business acumen shown here on a regular basis (basically almost every single time you sit at the keyboard) - and not just with regard to IK's business - would probably not be very helpful.

ST3 is a worthy product (again, just like ST2.x was for years before a free version was even thought of) in the hands of thousands that use it. IK has been very successful for over 19 years and will continue to do so regardless of your terrible ideas, inaccurate conjecture, or because we are not giving you exactly what you want for free. When IK becomes a charity, I'll drop your name into the ring but I'm afraid you'd probably drive that into the ground as well as far as I can tell.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

On the actual topic, Terry Bozzio Drums for SampleTank 3 is also a great library, which should not be neglected just because the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano is great too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsZTFKIOQK8

Just a short question: is there a way in ST3 to Play through the presets just by clicking an arrow button or sth similar? just to go throught the sounds? In the Manual I found something for the standalone Version to Switch via midi cc...but I could not figure out to make it working.

sorry if this was asked already before...

TrekStar wrote:Just a short question: is there a way in ST3 to Play through the presets just by clicking an arrow button or sth similar? just to go throught the sounds? In the Manual I found something for the standalone Version to Switch via midi cc...but I could not figure out to make it working.

You can navigate through the presets with the arrow keys which was added in a recent update. I hope that helps.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
TrekStar wrote:Just a short question: is there a way in ST3 to Play through the presets just by clicking an arrow button or sth similar? just to go throught the sounds? In the Manual I found something for the standalone Version to Switch via midi cc...but I could not figure out to make it working.

You can navigate through the presets with the arrow keys which was added in a recent update. I hope that helps.
...yep, I can navigate with the arrow key, but I have press as a second key "enter" or the right arrow key - in order to load the sound. is there a way to get that in a "one-click"?
(besides a microsoft-Keyboard-macro "arrow down+enter" which I have now configured for me)

and another short question: is there a perhaps way to Switch with shortcuts between the pages "Play" "mix" and "edit"?

sorry for These luxury questions. I'm just trying to optimize my workflow where it is possible....

Anyone got the new libraries yet? American acoustic guitar The Bozzio and Peart drums?
How is the Parsons piano?
Last edited by bill45 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrekStar wrote:and another short question: is there a perhaps way to Switch with shortcuts between the pages "Play" "mix" and "edit"?

sorry for These luxury questions. I'm just trying to optimize my workflow where it is possible....
I'll relay that and the potential for autoloading when navigating with arrow keys (though I'd hope that would be an option personally, not the only choice and in my case not the default).

bill45 wrote:Anyone got the new libraries yet? American acoustic guitar The Bozo and Peart drums?
How is the Parsons piano?
Well dang, that typo got my hopes up that I missed a new Bonzo kit. Hopefully Terry Bozzio doesn't get too hurt over the typo though ;)

Sorry about that Peter! I fixed it!

bill45 wrote:Sorry about that Peter! I fixed it!
:) I'm pretty sure he doesn't visit KVR. Plus, I'll take the hit and also say "hey, I thought they may have sampled ME playing drums whilst unaware and that would most certainly match the name!"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
TrekStar wrote:and another short question: is there a perhaps way to Switch with shortcuts between the pages "Play" "mix" and "edit"?

I'll relay that and the potential for autoloading when navigating with arrow keys (though I'd hope that would be an option personally, not the only choice and in my case not the default).
thanks, Peter 8)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Are you having a nice conversation with yourself? You've already been shown this, but if you feel you know how to run IK you are welcome to apply: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs

However, your show of (or lack of) business acumen shown here on a regular basis (basically almost every single time you sit at the keyboard) - and not just with regard to IK's business - would probably not be very helpful.

ST3 is a worthy product (again, just like ST2.x was for years before a free version was even thought of) in the hands of thousands that use it. IK has been very successful for over 19 years and will continue to do so regardless of your terrible ideas, inaccurate conjecture, or because we are not giving you exactly what you want for free. When IK becomes a charity, I'll drop your name into the ring but I'm afraid you'd probably drive that into the ground as well as far as I can tell.
LOL. Words fail me. "terrible ideas". Which ones were those? Oh, the one where I said that you should bring out an engine only for under £30 - £40. What a stupid idea.
So anybody that suggests you bring out a free or under £30 engine only ST3 has to apply for the job as HEAD of IKM to get it done? (Because presumably nobody underneath the head is able to force this "terrible idea" through? LOL).

"ST3 is a worthy product" - really? When is the price going to be reduced? Can't be many people buying it for only 50 euros less than Omnisphere 2, which positively wipes the floor with it.

Your customer care skills are atrocious... you should be answering questions, and not engaging in hurling insults at customers... but as you can't answer the question, you know, THE question... you can only hurl insults... the old 'bait and switch' method.

But it doesn't help you, because you still have thousands of ST 2.5 owners who want an engine only, not the new ST3 samples, and you won't give it to them. What was that pathetic reason you gave on the IKM website?
"3. The decision to not have a free version at release is because first SampleTank 3 new features and the entirely new sound set are closely connected (it will make more sense upon release and seeing the features and sounds working together in the new engine), plus there are a lot of new features which we have spent time and money to develop."
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... =12&t=6909

Yep, that's REALLY convincing... So now we aren't "at release", we are way past release, why isn't there a free version? Don't tell me "I've already answered that question" you keep saying, but the mythical 'answer' is nowhere to be found.

So there are "lots of new features which we have spent time and money to develop". And? You're saying that if there was a free version, nobody would buy ST3 full version, with the 4,000 instruments? What ELSE could you possibly be saying?

LOL.

Return to “Instruments”