IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Futhermore, i did managed to automate Filter with help by Nucleon from IL.
Browse parameters but scroll down past the published parameters to the MIDI cc's. Right click to automate these directly. You might have to MIDI learn the corresponding controls in the Sampletank UI.

Or try loading a MIDI Out channel, load its Basic preset,, which has some MIDI cc's pre assigned. Set it to an output port number. In the wrapping settings of Sampletank set that as the input port number.

Tweak controls on the MIDI Out channel. Controls are either pre assigned to MIDI cc's or again you have to learn them on the Sampletank UI.
Still a bit of a hassle comparing to usual ways, but at least its possible.

Btw i must give compliments to ST3 resample engine, its really great sounding.

Anyhow, i must say i was quite missing some "proper" EDM/Trance/Hardstyle type of supersaw patches in the default library so here i made for the guys who sometimes use such sound:

https://copy.com/x0gBEaYya6lJfoHa in here you will find 2 leads made using Virus Ti & Dune 2, aswel a multi patch.

And here is a quick demo how the lead sounds in action:

https://copy.com/ROlA31dqnfgxD3Mr

Hopefully they come out with a way to demo the new libraries in custom shop,like
we can with amplitube and TRACKS.

bill45 wrote:Hopefully they come out with a way to demo the new libraries in custom shop,like
we can with amplitube and TRACKS.
I don't know how they could do that.......what would keep someone from loading the demo sounds, creating a track then burning it to a wav file ? You know people would do it....... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I know it would be tough for them.Not enough user feedback on these though.
A try before buy has gained them a lot of $ from me, through CS.

bill45 wrote:I know it would be tough for them.Not enough user feedback on these though.
A try before buy has gained them a lot of $ from me, through CS.
Well if IK says they charge a re-download fee because of bandwidth costs I can't see them allowing thousands of users to download demo sample content.........

But you never know............ :)

I think the TRacks and Amplitube modules can work as demos because the code is already included in the Custom Shop package and then it's just a matter of unlocking and locking the demos from there......correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the way it works. Obviously IK can't (or shouldn't) include all the sample content that is released or the Sampletank 3 package would be gigs in size and have to be reinstalled every time there is a new library released.

I guess Audio Demos will have to do for now.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It would indeed be somewhat challenging to implement, but Ive relayed this request in the past and will do so again.

We've added a lot of new audio demos for the American Acoustic library, this is one of them:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/ame ... anacoustic

The rest are available at: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st ... nacoustic/

This sounds awesome.
Thanks Peter. Ample sounds allows a 7 day demo period. I've already bought 3 of their
libraries.

bill45 wrote:Ample sounds allows a 7 day demo period..
You're not demoing the sample content you're demoing the plugin. Right ?

Ample sound is sample bassed.

bill45 wrote:Ample sound is sample bassed.
Obviously Ample Sound plugins are sample based but then so is Kontakt. Are there any full sample sets for Kontakt that can be demoed ? Sure there are cut down demo versions of some sets but not the full sample sets to the best of my knowledge. If so how do they get a sample set to time out ?

So again isn't it the Ample Sound plugin you are demoing and not the full sample set ?

Can you buy for example their Fender Jazz Bass plugin then demo the Martin D-41 sample set without installing another plugin ? Do all their Guitars and Basses show as separate plugins in your VST list or is it one player like Sampletank 3 where all the samples from every set get loaded ? Just visiting the Ample Sounds site it looks like each instrument is a separate plugin.

bill45 wrote:This sounds awesome.
Thanks Peter. Ample sounds allows a 7 day demo period. I've already bought 3 of their
libraries.
I just went for the OrangeTreeSamples Evolution Acoustic Steel Strings. Amazing sound.

The orange tree stuff does sound good and seems to be easy to use.
Greg seems to be a good guy.

Dear All,

I just noticed that in a project I have with Sampletank using 4 parts; piano, trumpet, strings, mandolin and their default effects (about 10 in total) is taking up 10-15 % of the CPU load when idling in Cubase. The CPU load goes away as soon as I disable Sampletank.
This is on a W3680 Hexacore machine w 24 GB RAM and REM HDSP 9632 card w buffersize set to 64. The other plugins, such as Kontakt, in this project do not have any impact on the CPU load when idling.

Any ideas about what to do about this? Will updating to ST 3.5 fix it?

Thanks

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote:Dear All,
I just noticed that in a project I have with Sampletank using 4 parts; piano, trumpet, strings, mandolin and their default effects (about 10 in total) is taking up 10-15 % of the CPU load when idling in Cubase. The CPU load goes away as soon as I disable Sampletank....
Any ideas about what to do about this? Will updating to ST 3.5 fix it?
Not clear on what version of ST you're on now. If it's version 3, then I'd say yes, you should get the latest update because there have been some major fixes since 3.0. Obviously, there's no guarantee it'll lessen your cpu hit, but updating to the latest patch is the logical next step to see what issues have been addressed.

Yes, it´s v 3 - I´ll give it a shot. Thanks for the quick answer!

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Return to “Instruments”